Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: hi~ and needing help to look for that cute lil film camera!

Default nat cam

LKSC

what's the aperture of the lens?
    is it made in Japan ?
    I have a fuji compact made in indonesia (not that it matters)

any close up or macro shots?
    viewed your gallery.

ricohflex

Lens aperture F1.9
    Fixed focal length of 24mm
    Its made in China

I don't have any close-up shots (macro is not possible at this focal length, obviously), but there are plenty on Fuji's micro-site.

Distortion and vignetting are quite low for such an extreme wide-angle.

Default macro

Quote Originally Posted by LKSC
    ricohflex

Lens aperture F1.9
    Fixed focal length of 24mm
    Its made in China

I don't have any close-up shots (macro is not possible at this focal length, obviously), but there are plenty on Fuji's micro-site.

Distortion and vignetting are quite low for such an extreme wide-angle.
    TY.
    actually wide angle lenses are well suited for close up or macro work.
    try some. should be ok with the fujinon

LKSC>wow the colors turned out pretty! 400~500 sgd is off my budget tho! i'll put it in my consider list when i have enough money to buy me a p&s! or maybe someone wanna get me one of those? christmas! lawl

for the meantime, i'll be kidnapping detrop's p&s till i have enough for another camera

how come need me to bid leh? MX here selling >S$250.
    Think can buy from ebay and sell here to make $$$

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex
    whoelse,

I agree with you on all the good qualities of the MX.
    Can do me a favour? Bid for two (mint or good condition) MXs for me on e-Bay and when delivered, I pay you in full including whatever shipment or insurance charges.
    No kidding.

Yin.. try getting a F80 , 300v or dynax 5 or 60 ....good film cameras to start with...
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

Default phishing

Quote Originally Posted by whoelse
    how come need me to bid leh? MX here selling >S$250.
    Think can buy from ebay and sell here to make $$$
    worried about phishing, keystroke logger and recent credit card scare in USA.
    not familiar with ebay. if you can get say, $70 sing per mx while local shops sell >$250 each, then can keep 2 to use.

GENO, she's eyeing fr manual cam.. not auto-cam... i do haf f80 n f100 to lend her if she wanna borrow an auto..

i hope that pentax mx has some chemistry with her.. =Pp

Quote Originally Posted by detrop
    GENO, she's eyeing fr manual cam.. not auto-cam... i do haf f80 n f100 to lend her if she wanna borrow an auto..

i hope that pentax mx has some chemistry with her.. =Pp
    FM10 , FM3A , X-700? good..hee hee
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

ricohflex>mx is selling for really cheap on ebay yea... but i don't quite trust ebay. doesn't look so safe

GENO>FM10=a bit fat
    FM3=fatter and heavier
    X-700=pricey saw plenty good reviews on this one tho

I buy at least 35 items from ebay already. It's not ebay that not to be trusted. It's windows hehheh.
    But then my windows only play games and PDA stuff, not Internet. My linux 3 yrs never upgrade liao.

Why not consider the Olympus XA2? It is a simple, compact camshell P&S that works on a zone focusing system. It is great to use as it is small, easily portable and can be quite discrete. It is a hardy everyday cam that you can toss in the bag and not worry about (i.e. not fragile, bulky or heavy).

70's compact RFs from Olympus (XA, 35RC, 35SP, 35RD), Canon (Canonets like the QL17 GIII and QL19), and Yashica (Electro 35s like the G, GS, GSN, GTN) are also good deals.

The cams above are simple, affordable and powerful tools that will allow you to concentrate on your artistic composition instead of wasting your energy and money on the prevailing 'buy, buy, buy' and technical gearhead mentality or dwelling on the type of equipment others are using or thinking about the next lens to buy.

i'm not planning to grab any expensive gears ^^; just something simple and usable. for the time being, i have access to detrop's pns camera... thanks! but i'd like to have a manual camera when i can afford one not planning to collect lenses and such, that's why i was thinking a lot about whether i should get a nikon so i can use detrop's lenses as well...

but... since i'm not one to switch lenses... hahahaa i'll still be considering a lot of things. i can't just buy a random good buy and keep buying another one when i don't like it yea?

thanks heaps for the incoming advise! sorry for the slow response been busy with life...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345