Thread: Card reader and iBook problem

Default Card reader and iBook problem

I have a CF card reader that works with many PCs and laptops, but when I try to use with an iBook it doesn't work.

I can read and see the picture in the CF from the card reader directly (meaning the card reader and the USB port works), however I can't copy anything from the CF card to my iBook (always say that the file is corrupted for some reason).

I understand that some card reader works fine with Apple and PCs, maybe it's this particular card reader that's giving problem.

Anyone faced the same problem?

thanx in advance! =)

Quote Originally Posted by karwing
    I have a CF card reader that works with many PCs and laptops, but when I try to use with an iBook it doesn't work.

I can read and see the picture in the CF from the card reader directly (meaning the card reader and the USB port works), however I can't copy anything from the CF card to my iBook (always say that the file is corrupted for some reason).

I understand that some card reader works fine with Apple and PCs, maybe it's this particular card reader that's giving problem.

Anyone faced the same problem?

thanx in advance! =)
    My multi card reader does not face this problem.Is the reader USB 1.1?
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Deregistered

Me neither, I'm using a LexarMedia 6-in-1 USB 2.0 card reader, after plugging in, it works find and can mount all the cards that I slot in.

Quote Originally Posted by LazerLordz
    My multi card reader does not face this problem.Is the reader USB 1.1?

USB-2. it's blue in color and measures 9x7x2cm. the plug is like a tail and it can be kept into the side of the case.

I'll post a picture of it when i get it back from my friend.