Thread: Canon Ixus 700 or Nikon Coolpix 7900?

Default Canon Ixus 700 or Nikon Coolpix 7900?

Hi there,

I have narrowed down my search for a compact camera to either the Canon Ixus 700 or the Nikon Coolpix 7900. Have tried the feel of both cameras and they feel good to my hand. Did not get to try the functions though ....

Need advise on which to get. Both are within my budget.

Please advise.

Thanks!!

Can anyone help me with this please??

either would be good. personally, I don't need the 7MP and settled for a smaller and cheaper 3MP Ixus 30.

You could check out some reviews and see which one has more faults that are no-no to you:
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikoncp7900/page9.asp
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canonsd500/page9.asp

the 7900 is being sold at Yahoo Auction at a very tempting price. supoose to meet seller today, till i realise that the camera does not afford full exposure control and thus, not suitable for my needs. Do a search there if u are keen.

Eric

mpenza > I don't need the 7MP as well. But this is going to be used by my dad and he WANTS the 7MP. :X How's your Ixus30 anyway? And thanks for your advise.

kthan > I don't think my dad really knows how to use the exposure control so it might be suitable for him. As for buying off Yahoo! Auction, I don't feel quite safe about it. Any idea how much is CP and AP selling both the camera at? And thanks for your advise.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostAccord
    kthan > I don't think my dad really knows how to use the exposure control so it might be suitable for him. As for buying off Yahoo! Auction, I don't feel quite safe about it. Any idea how much is CP and AP selling both the camera at? And thanks for your advise.
    selling $650 at the stores b4 GST.....

Yahoo auction is not like ebay.....it's cash on delivery, so u actually get the see the cam before paying.

I got mine at Alan Photo at $710 include a 512md SD card

Quote Originally Posted by kthan
    selling $650 at the stores b4 GST.....

Yahoo auction is not like ebay.....it's cash on delivery, so u actually get the see the cam before paying.

Hmm .... Sounds tempting .... Maybe I will check it out. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by dorado
    I got mine at Alan Photo at $710 include a 512md SD card
    Thanks for the info dorado!

Quote Originally Posted by GhostAccord
    mpenza > I don't need the 7MP as well. But this is going to be used by my dad and he WANTS the 7MP. :X How's your Ixus30 anyway? And thanks for your advise.

There is FULL auto mode for FOOL proof operations... no worries.
    From Pentax to 4/3, back to Pentax and then back to M4/3 !?!?

Want to add another point. I think recently the Nikon 7900 won an award for being the best compact camera in it's class.
    From Pentax to 4/3, back to Pentax and then back to M4/3 !?!?