Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Hello Guys, would like to ask for your critique...Hobbyist here...thanks a lot!

  1. #1

    Default Hello Guys, would like to ask for your critique...Hobbyist here...thanks a lot!

    Taken from my humble EP-1 and kit lens. Post processing (just color correction and exposure) on iPhoto, (gosh...I know...)

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/117582...57641004255364


  2. #2

    Default Re: Hello Guys, would like to ask for your critique...Hobbyist here...thanks a lot!

    Quote Originally Posted by pandabear83 View Post
    Taken from my humble EP-1 and kit lens. Post processing (just color correction and exposure) on iPhoto, (gosh...I know...)

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/117582...57641004255364

    im trying to attach the photo here, im trying to use the link, it says invalid file...im trying to use the link from my flickr picture...ugh sorry and thanks for the kind souls' advise. Cheers!

  3. #3
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: Hello Guys, would like to ask for your critique...Hobbyist here...thanks a lot!

    Quote Originally Posted by pandabear83 View Post
    im trying to attach the photo here, im trying to use the link, it says invalid file...im trying to use the link from my flickr picture...ugh sorry and thanks for the kind souls' advise. Cheers!
    let me help you.

    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

  4. #4

    Default Re: Hello Guys, would like to ask for your critique...Hobbyist here...thanks a lot!

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    let me help you.

    Thank you so much!

    OMG sorry for my ignorance, but how did you do this? I'm trying to use the "insert image" then "URL" but it doesn't work on me. Thanks heaps!

  5. #5
    Member ntheni's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,907

    Default Re: Hello Guys, would like to ask for your critique...Hobbyist here...thanks a lot!

    Quote Originally Posted by pandabear83 View Post
    Thank you so much!

    OMG sorry for my ignorance, but how did you do this? I'm trying to use the "insert image" then "URL" but it doesn't work on me. Thanks heaps!
    You right click, choose the size of image you want. Copy the image address.
    Click on the little picture on top of the reply, then paste your address on the URL part and unclick the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally"

    BTW love your burger shot

  6. #6

    Default Re: Hello Guys, would like to ask for your critique...Hobbyist here...thanks a lot!

    Quote Originally Posted by ntheni View Post
    You right click, choose the size of image you want. Copy the image address.
    Click on the little picture on top of the reply, then paste your address on the URL part and unclick the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally"

    BTW love your burger shot
    Wow hello, thanks a lot...thanks for the tip and comments. I'm not sure if I'm doing the lighting right etc... I placed a white board behind on the right sight to avoid uncontrollable shadow. I'm just playing by instinct and reading how others do it.
    Cheers!

  7. #7
    Member ntheni's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,907

    Default Re: Hello Guys, would like to ask for your critique...Hobbyist here...thanks a lot!

    Quote Originally Posted by pandabear83 View Post
    Wow hello, thanks a lot...thanks for the tip and comments. I'm not sure if I'm doing the lighting right etc... I placed a white board behind on the right sight to avoid uncontrollable shadow. I'm just playing by instinct and reading how others do it.
    Cheers!
    Not an expert. Just my own opinion, I will place the white board on the front right side instead of behind.
    For this shot, I like how you used the tomato to add a colour contrast to the whole shot.

    Saw your photos via flickr, most of it were good. Just note that the angle of the pizza shot was too low. I will take from top view for pizza.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Hello Guys, would like to ask for your critique...Hobbyist here...thanks a lot!

    This is nice ! Lovely details & most importantly it looks yummy !



  9. #9

    Default Re: Hello Guys, would like to ask for your critique...Hobbyist here...thanks a lot!

    Quote Originally Posted by ntheni View Post
    Not an expert. Just my own opinion, I will place the white board on the front right side instead of behind.
    For this shot, I like how you used the tomato to add a colour contrast to the whole shot.

    Saw your photos via flickr, most of it were good. Just note that the angle of the pizza shot was too low. I will take from top view for pizza.
    Alright will definitely try to experiment more. Greatly appreciate your advise. Cheers!!!

  10. #10

    Default Re: Hello Guys, would like to ask for your critique...Hobbyist here...thanks a lot!

    Quote Originally Posted by Justintime View Post
    This is nice ! Lovely details & most importantly it looks yummy !


    Thank you so much for your comments! Yes this is the best burger I've ever tasted!

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tanah Merah
    Posts
    107

    Default Re: Hello Guys, would like to ask for your critique...Hobbyist here...thanks a lot!

    Pretty good shots you have here! Keep it up!

  12. #12
    Member mardellion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    484

    Default Re: Hello Guys, would like to ask for your critique...Hobbyist here...thanks a lot!

    I like the flowing of syrup in the first shot. The background is not distracting, but however I'd have preferred the table to be of another colour. Lighting in the burger shot is awesome!
    Another Facebook Page,
    Another Flickr account.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Hello Guys, would like to ask for your critique...Hobbyist here...thanks a lot!

    Quote Originally Posted by pandabear83 View Post
    Thank you so much for your comments! Yes this is the best burger I've ever tasted!
    Great shot bro! I love the details on the burger. Since it's so lovely, i think i will be a little more picky. Hope you don't mind.

    The plate is tilted if you compare both sides so probably can fix that. The serviette also don't really enhance the picture so i thought removing it will be better as it looks a little crumpled. i am just nit picking. Apart from that, it's lovely.

  14. #14
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,684
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Hello Guys, would like to ask for your critique...Hobbyist here...thanks a lot!

    i would have removed the white napkins and less crispy things
    it doesn't add to the burger

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    99

    Default Re: Hello Guys, would like to ask for your critique...Hobbyist here...thanks a lot!

    Quote Originally Posted by pandabear83 View Post
    Thank you so much for your comments! Yes this is the best burger I've ever tasted!
    Hi there I love your burger pic! how did u take it? it looks very bright and focused

  16. #16

    Default Re: Hello Guys, would like to ask for your critique...Hobbyist here...thanks a lot!

    Hi sorry for the super delayed response (I'm based in China so Internet is picky here)
    I used my kit lens of my EP-1 and there's no additional lighting, just a 4pm sunlight, a white board on the right side and a tripod (timer to avoid contact)

  17. #17

    Default Re: Hello Guys, would like to ask for your critique...Hobbyist here...thanks a lot!

    Awesome, haha you're right about the balance will check that out next time thanks a lot for the feedback

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •