Thread: Question about cosplay equipment

Default Question about cosplay equipment

Hi! I've been to a few cosplay events, shooting pictures here and there. I am curious as to how some of their weapons can look so realistic and still not run afoul of the law. I've been to the ICA museum and they do say these things are not allowed. Anyone care to comment?

Default Re: Question about cosplay equipment

Quote Originally Posted by albertsy2 View Post
    Hi! I've been to a few cosplay events, shooting pictures here and there. I am curious as to how some of their weapons can look so realistic and still not run afoul of the law. I've been to the ICA museum and they do say these things are not allowed. Anyone care to comment?
    You can test the weapons on yourself. If still alive it's allowed.

They relaxed ruling alot..
    Used to be anything that resembles a firearm is not allowed. Eg. Even a pink rifle.

Not they more concerned if it shoots a projectile, any projectile..

So as long canot shoot anything they relaxed law Alot..

But just wait until people start robbing with those replicas then we see if law change bk..lol
    Last edited by saberlancer; 14th February 2014 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by saberlancer View Post
    They relaxed ruling alot..
    Used to be anything that resembles a firearm is not allowed. Eg. Even a pink rifle.

Not they more concerned if it shoots a projectile, any projectile..

So as long canot shoot anything they relaxed law Alot..

But just wait until people start robbing with those replicas then we see if law change bk..lol
    We have a samurai taking mrt... I think those samurai cos player might take more caution.
    Last edited by Halfmoon; 15th February 2014 at 12:12 PM.
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

Default Re: Question about cosplay equipment

Perhaps it's possible that some really have the proper permits*, it's also possible that some own their stuff illegal but just trying their luck in a large crowd.

*Of course, even those with permits are supposed to abide by the clause that states that these items "must be kept in a dwelling house and not to be carried in any public place without any lawful purpose."

See:
    http://www.spf.gov.sg/licence/AE/oth...Gun-Owners.pdf
    http://www.straitstimes.com/the-big-...hobby-20131221

Quote Originally Posted by kandinsky View Post
    Perhaps it's possible that some really have the proper permits*, it's also possible that some own their stuff illegal but just trying their luck in a large crowd.

*Of course, even those with permits are supposed to abide by the clause that states that these items "must be kept in a dwelling house and not to be carried in any public place without any lawful purpose."

See:
    http://www.spf.gov.sg/licence/AE/oth...Gun-Owners.pdf
    http://www.straitstimes.com/the-big-...hobby-20131221
    Caesars sell only replica antique pistols because of regulations as posted above, that it may alarm citizens if seen outside.

Was surprised suddenly everywhere started selling 1:1 scale rifles..

But buyers seem to be pretty disciplined so far, no heard issues of kids running ard in neighbourhood with them..?

Quote Originally Posted by saberlancer View Post

Caesars sell only replica antique pistols because of regulations as posted above, that it may alarm citizens if seen outside.

Was surprised suddenly everywhere started selling 1:1 scale rifles..

But buyers seem to be pretty disciplined so far, no heard issues of kids running ard in neighbourhood with them..?
    I am sure cosplay events have special permits for within event halls.