Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car signal...

1) Inconsiderate driver tailgates you.

2) Roll down your window and ask your passenger to standby with a camera (or camera phone). Don't get caught with a phone in your hand ...

3) Corner him together with a slower vehicle (preferably one going at 60 kph) beside until he buay tahan

4) Let him overtake...and chances are, he'll give you the "bird" if he's beng enough.

5) Smile, say "Cheeze", and snap!

6) Write down the license plate, place and time, attach the pic and send it to TP.

Quote Originally Posted by HotSpots

2) Roll down your window and ask your passenger to standby with a camera (or camera phone). Don't get caught with a phone in your hand ...

3) Corner him together with a slower vehicle (preferably one going at 60 kph) beside until he buay tahan

4) Let him overtake...and chances are, he'll give you the "bird" if he's beng enough.

6) Write down the license plate, place and time, attach the pic and send it to TP.

idea ah

If someone shine their highbeam on a car full of CSers... I wonder if he will be blinded by the flash from all the cameras...

Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn
    The bird nowadays cannot show liao...can be fined..
    Woah... Sure or not?

civics are singapore's most accident prone car. the insurance is about double most cars in the same category for this reason. honda has notched down the power in the recent models. even if the driver is not an ahbeng it's still easy for the car to get into an accident. i have 2 guys in my department alone who have got into accidents. civic is a really jinxed car.

_)&*&%$#&^%*&....

Just now got 1 black Mitsubishi Lancer with a probation driver's triangle sign tailgate me and flash his beng HID light (is that illegal?) at me when I'm overtaking on the right lane...

When I chased up with him, his rear seat passenger took out a Canon Ixus to shoot me, blinding me with the flash...

_)&*&%$#&^%*&....

Just now got 1 black Mitsubishi Lancer with a probation driver's triangle sign tailgate me and flash his beng HID light (is that illegal?) at me when I'm overtaking on the right lane...

When I chased up with him, his rear seat passenger took out a Canon Ixus to shoot me, blinding me with the flash...
    LOL...hahahhahah...btw it's a GALANT. So far away you can tell it's a Canon IXUS?? Was testing market mah...see whether good drivers will let other cars over take. No HID lah..normal lights

You pass the test... (mai pa wa)
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Woah... Sure or not?

Confirm and sure. Don't believe, flash a bird at the TP and see....
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

u should took out your SB800 and fire back

sb800? just take out the strobes bro!

was driving at the lane next to a TIBS cab and behind a COMFORT cab..

then C-cab saw a passenger and quickly drove faster and cut the T-cab. the T-cab managed to "siam" him and give him the "BIRD"... heng i was more behind, if not i would also siam and give him the "BIRD"..

Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm
    I used to think that as long as I'm driving at or slightly higher than the speed limit, I have all the right to continue at the exreme right lane, even on the expressway. But in Europe, there is this unwritten rule everybody follows: unless overtaking, you will always keep to the right lane (LH drive there). In a 2 lane road, you can easily overtake other car because all other drivers will cut back to the right lane after overtaking another car and even if there is no car behind in sight. Here in Singapore we see a lot of road hoggers that just refuse to give way to other faster drivers.

To me, a slow road hogging driver is equally at fault as an impatient speeding driver. You may say that if all drivers are patient and obey all speed limits, our roads will be very easy to drive, then we'll going to have to face massive jams everywhere we go. Thats becasue if everybody drive at the same speed, all the cars will get bunch up and accumulate and cause even slower speed and the effect continues.....

Quite a lot of new drivers are very badly trained here. This resulted in some kind of weird thinking when they are behind the wheels. It will stop. When they are killed or some else are killed. Some of these observable habits and behaviour are

a. It is ok to drive on the fastest (1st) lane when you are not overtaking esp when the roads are empty.
    b. Tail gating will help to speed up the slower drivers - even when the roads are crowded.
    c. My car is very powerful, nimber and fast. I can zig zag any way I want as long as there is no accident.
    d. Motorcyclist are stupid. They asked for it riding such things. I can squeeze them with my car and make them give way.
    e, Driving fast and tight is a testimony of my driving skill and prowess.
    f. I can jam brake to teach the tail gaters a lesson.

I have driven for decades in many countries. I find many new drivers it Singapore very inconsiderate without knowing it. Something is wrong about our on road values - who is transmitting them? Life is precious. Driving on roads is a social act that requires our utmost sense of responsibility to protect life with utmost care. Once life is taken away, nothing we can do to bring it back. One mistake is far too many.

Unfortunately, we have to care. The loudest message is to drive very carefully and make all realise that bad driving habits is not a norm. It only happens when all the lao jioa (old bird) drivers set an example. Monkey see monkey do here. A tall order but have to plod on.

well.. this aint d worst yet. anyone seen how the traffic conditions are in manila or jakarta? personally i think sg drivers are better off.

_)&*&%$#&^%*&....

Basic accident scenario: It usually two mistakes together that cause it. It is not the mistake of one driver that cause an accident.

I can see three mistakes that can be fatal :

Mistake one: You overtaking at the wrong speed and timing. The Lancer is probably speed at 50 km/hour above your speed of overtaking. That is why he is right behind you while yu are overtaking.

Mistake two : The Lancer is probably speeding at very high speed - say 130 to 140km/hr. So you cannot see it easily.

Mistake three: You trying to catch up with the Lancer afterwards.

You will continue see many idiots driving on the roads like the Lancer everyday. Eventually, these people will land up in the mortuary - without our help. There is no need for us to raise our fist at them or help them to see their mistakes then. It is not the right time, right space or right person. Otherwise, we will join them there too.
    Keep cool and ask yourself how to drive defensively - both physically and mentally.
    You probably see red at my comments. But trust me, I mean you well. A solid good twenty-years of experience driver without an accident need to make only one single mistake tomorrow to cut short his 'COE'.
    So, I set my mind each morning - not to make a single driving mistake in every journey. Stilll, I meet up with hair raising moments by 'killer' drivers. I know for sure we will be dead together if I drive like them at that precise moment...It is not worth going this way.
    Last edited by tOGGY; 30th July 2005 at 10:34 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12