Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Civil Servants Mobilised for Election Duty

I suppose all the preparation is for the Presidential Elections?

Lightbulb

all indications point to the presidential election. however, for general elections, recently, there were some 'good news' to sweeten the ground. eg. nwc recommended the award of lump sum payment to lower salaried workers to bridge income gap.

maybe they may hold both elections together?

Quote Originally Posted by Papilio
    I suppose all the preparation is for the Presidential Elections?

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    maybe they may hold both elections together?
    hold separate day, ok... @ the same day.. dont' want lah...
    less 1 holiday ..

hahahahaha

we all want holidays....

Quote Originally Posted by therat
    hold separate day, ok... @ the same day.. dont' want lah...
    less 1 holiday ..
    then best if every year have elections...

Quote Originally Posted by ibitemynails
    then best if every year have elections...
    then it will look @ taiwan..... every yrs got elections ...
    that's I don't want...

so messy

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    I learned that some civil servants have been mobilised for election duty, have to attend briefings, take their own time, money, transport, and don't get anything in return.

Can't claim transport $$, no free parking or claim parking costs, use up your own time and energy to go for these.

Does anyone have any opinions on these? Even for reservist we get paid (peanuts no doubt, but still at least got paid). This is almost like free labour (albeit in the name of patriotism).

Lucky i'm not a civil servant...
    hmmm, since you are not a civil servant, where did u learn that from?

Based on my understanding for this mission, those who are mobilised for Election Duty are selected employees from various stat board and ministry. They can't claim transport, as it's provided (there are buses catered). Most of them will be schedule to places very near to their home (could be within walking distance). And for this mission is paid or some allowance is given (although not a lot), meal is provided as well and there will be a day off compensated on top of that.

and one more thing, the briefings attended can be incorporated as courses that we've attended and this mission will also be included in our appraisal as well.

Next time PLEASE get more information before you start commenting about anything...

[QUOTE=educated ah lian]hmmm, since you are not a civil servant, where did u learn that from?

I've always thought this is an open secret? Er, was there ever any doubt this year election?

When is the last time a MP actually visits your blk unless it is election year?Mine did the other day..

And it's true, many Civil servants already making preparations lah..

Quote Originally Posted by educated ah lian
    hmmm, since you are not a civil servant, where did u learn that from?

Based on my understanding for this mission, those who are mobilised for Election Duty are selected employees from various stat board and ministry. They can't claim transport, as it's provided (there are buses catered). Most of them will be schedule to places very near to their home (could be within walking distance). And for this mission is paid or some allowance is given (although not a lot), meal is provided as well and there will be a day off compensated on top of that.

and one more thing, the briefings attended can be incorporated as courses that we've attended and this mission will also be included in our appraisal as well.

Next time PLEASE get more information before you start commenting about anything...
    Election duty, or any other duties out of normal duties (like in MOE, being the Cheif Presiding Examiner, etc) is recorded in apprasial. Officers who typically get upper C or B will have deemed to have performed "other" additional duties beyond the grade, and performed them well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12