Thread: Need quick reply where to get cheap/2nd hand flash

Default Need quick reply where to get cheap/2nd hand flash

Hi,

I'm rather new to photography and I've been asked at the last minute by a friend to be one of his photographer for his wedding this Saturday. I'm currently using a Canon DSLR 350D and would like to know where can I get a compatible flash that's cheaper like a reuse shop for example? I would either need the Canon 420EX/580EX or the Sigma EF-500 D ST for Canon mount if I'm correct. Since I only have a day can I get a quick reply from anyone where I can get hold of a reasonable priced flash.

Thanks,
    ob1canob

from TCW.

just beware that, flash 2nd hand sometimes due to abuse, the flash circuit or the bulb may be damaged, it might be good to buy a new 1 or from someone who seldom use.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    from TCW.
    Sorry but just where is TCW? Thanks a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    just beware that, flash 2nd hand sometimes due to abuse, the flash circuit or the bulb may be damaged, it might be good to buy a new 1 or from someone who seldom use.
    Thanks for the advice. I just thought not to spend too much. Even for new, any recommendation for reasonable price?

Quote Originally Posted by ob1canob
    Sorry but just where is TCW? Thanks a great deal.
    other than TCW, there's also Alex Photo.

TCW, level 1.
    Alex Photo, level 2.
    where the red star stands.

What's your budget?

In view of your urgency you may want to spend around $300 and get a new Canon 420EX. The Sigma EF500 is also good but somehow the stocks are always unavailable.

Will recommend you to MS Color at Ang Mo Kio Central.

Well, if you are REALLY REALLY tight on budget + time you can PM me; I own a Sigma EF500. Let's see how we can work something out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ah Pao
    What's your budget?

In view of your urgency you may want to spend around $300 and get a new Canon 420EX. The Sigma EF500 is also good but somehow the stocks are always unavailable.

Will recommend you to MS Color at Ang Mo Kio Central.

Well, if you are REALLY REALLY tight on budget + time you can PM me; I own a Sigma EF500. Let's see how we can work something out.
    Thanks for the suggestion. Btw what time do MS Color, TCW or Alex Photo close everyday. Couldn't get away from work but hopefully they are still opened.

Yes, I'm a little tight on budget at the moment and running out of time but I would still rather buy my own flash to avoid any "stress" while using another person's flash. Thanks for the offer anyway.

ob1canob