Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 79

Thread: Which cafe in Singapore to recommend?

  1. #41

    Default

    Hee Hee I recommend "cafe nova"

    I prefer to go to delifrance for a small meal or coffee bean for a cup of coffee.

  2. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zha
    marcwang, I think you are specifically talking about espresso right?

    I share your sentiments about the low quality of espresso made in sg. My guess is that very few joints in sg are willing to professionally train their baristas. Most of the baristas probably learnt how to make espresso from their senior who in turn had learnt from their senior. So probably along the line people pick improper techniques hence the expresso is extracted wrongly.

    As for the cafe culture in aust, the baristas are professional. There's a demand for good baristas and quality expresso. These people take pride in making quality expresso, because its their lifelihood. The best cafe latte I had was in Warnambool - a few hrs drive from Melb. Took me a while finding good quality cafe latte in sg and am so glad its available (though limited) in sg now.
    so u recommend Bakerzin?

  3. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marcwang
    Generally, it seems the quality of Italian/Western Coffee is poor in SG.... but mine is only a narrow point of view since I go to the more popular chains.

    Quite true actually.. But then I've always prefered asian style coffee...
    Evaporated milk + coffee roasted asian style..

    Strange thing is.. There are so many coffee places in Singapore but I've yet to have been able to get a cup of Ristretto.

  4. #44

    Default

    I prefer the ICE MILO DINOSAUR from some 24hr prata shops... really rich n shiok.. i think the best is at simpang bedok... the orginal CMK restaurant...

  5. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Eastside Singapore
    Posts
    339

    Default

    behyx - yes I'd recommend bakerzin. So far, the cafe latte that I get from them has been consistently good. their desserts are equally good too.

  6. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zha
    behyx - yes I'd recommend bakerzin. So far, the cafe latte that I get from them has been consistently good. their desserts are equally good too.
    ooh great! where is it?

  7. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    In the Shepherd's hands
    Posts
    690

    Default

    interesting to see discussion of coffee quality. myself, i'm a kopitiam person - condensed milk and all - so i'm not really an upmarket coffee drinker.

    what i wanna say is: only coffee club (ironically) seems to know how to do TEA. at least they give you a pot with loose-leaf, from which you get 2 cups. other places give you tepid water with a miserable teabag... nothing like a good teh tarik, i tell you.

  8. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    In the Shepherd's hands
    Posts
    690

    Default

    bakerzin is at united sq (near novena sq) and millenia IIRC

  9. #49

    Default

    I like the cafe at marina mandarin.... nice ambience... too bad drinks are normal... very good place for SLACKING

    Waiting patiently for them to reopen... hope it will be as good as it used to

  10. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d7t3
    interesting to see discussion of coffee quality. myself, i'm a kopitiam person - condensed milk and all - so i'm not really an upmarket coffee drinker.

    what i wanna say is: only coffee club (ironically) seems to know how to do TEA. at least they give you a pot with loose-leaf, from which you get 2 cups. other places give you tepid water with a miserable teabag... nothing like a good teh tarik, i tell you.
    ehhh.. there was a time when coffee bean offer such way of making tea, ya? using loose-leaf...

  11. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Octane69
    I prefer the ICE MILO DINOSAUR from some 24hr prata shops... really rich n shiok.. i think the best is at simpang bedok... the orginal CMK restaurant...
    Upz for the 2nd dinosaur lover

    maybe a Dinosaur cafe is a good idea.... milo-dino, holick-dino, coffee-dino(eeks!) , hmm...wats else can dino one all in one cafe

  12. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Eastside Singapore
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d7t3
    bakerzin is at united sq (near novena sq) and millenia IIRC
    Also at One Fullerton, Plaza Sg

    Bakerzin

  13. #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zha
    Also at One Fullerton, Plaza Sg

    Bakerzin
    ahh great! i just heard from my sis about Bakerzin and confirmed that their desserts are good! she said Bakerzin was named Baker's Inn. Now that ring some bells!

  14. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marcwang
    Heh... I dont drink espresso... too hard core for my young tastebuds.

    I was referring to the rest of them like cappuccino, vienna ... . In particular, cappuccino, I like the ones in australia, where they top the foam off with very good coco powder, sweet, bitter and rich. The coffee bean cuppa, dont even have chocolate power on it, must pour myself... , and it doesnt even taste like coco powder. Some of them use cinnammon powder, i just dont like it!
    A lot of aussies are desendents from Italy so thats why they are quite crazy about coffee but hardly drink tea.... There's a very nice cafe in Brisbane at Milton called La Dolce Vita.... Those studying Brisbane will know it well...

  15. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox
    Quite true actually.. But then I've always prefered asian style coffee...
    Evaporated milk + coffee roasted asian style..

    Strange thing is.. There are so many coffee places in Singapore but I've yet to have been able to get a cup of Ristretto.
    Ristretto? never heard of it... Espresso or rather coffee in Italy is huge though and all very nice... In UK, there's this CAFE NERO that serves very sinful but extremely delicious hot chocolate.... imagine bars of Cadbury melted into hot chocolate....

  16. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by behyx
    ahh great! i just heard from my sis about Bakerzin and confirmed that their desserts are good! she said Bakerzin was named Baker's Inn. Now that ring some bells!
    They are also at Paragon but is quite pricey. Their cakes are good but coffee etc are so so...

  17. #57
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    Ristretto? never heard of it... Espresso or rather coffee in Italy is huge though and all very nice... In UK, there's this CAFE NERO that serves very sinful but extremely delicious hot chocolate.... imagine bars of Cadbury melted into hot chocolate....

    Expresso Ristretto is an Expresso single shot served with half the amount of water. ie. Doubled saturated expresso 1/2 the vol. of a normal shot.

  18. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kegler
    Upz for the 2nd dinosaur lover

    maybe a Dinosaur cafe is a good idea.... milo-dino, holick-dino, coffee-dino(eeks!) , hmm...wats else can dino one all in one cafe
    tried making coffee dino at home... after i was done with it... not able to sleep the WHOLE NIGHT!!!

  19. #59

    Default

    If you think dinosaurs are good you should try the godzillas!

  20. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shojibake
    If you think dinosaurs are good you should try the godzillas!
    Wah!!!! This one new to me le!!! Tell me more tell me more!!! Where can i get it? n wad goes into it?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •