Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: can sell door to door?

Default Re: can sell door to door?

Quote Originally Posted by pettypoh View Post
    can ask MP to show official pass first? who to call to verify?
    you can always say: "er? is you meh? I voted the other peoson leh!!"
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    SPF always ask us to give information but when we does, they ignore. Just wait till thing happened, then says you not careful on it. Every thing they said are right, making me feels to help or not in the future. So, to those think the two sales person are ok to do so, wait till the day whereby those you know got cheated by some insurance seller. Then when you report to police, see what kind of treatment you will be getting. Ha ha!
    It would be good if you stop generalizing and be more specific. Such generic rants is exactly what puts off every police man on duty, because they cannot act on something unspecific, they need hard facts. You told them about the insurance sellers, they told you it's legally correct. So what else do you expect? Police is law enforcement, if there is no law broken (or going to be broken soon) then they have nothing to do. Do you seriously ask for the police to accompany every insurance agent during his house visits??
    As I mentioned: if you want to help and support folks that you consider at risk then please make yourself knowledgeable or get someone else familiar with the topic and talk to the old folks around you. With a cooling off period of 3 days you can cover a lot of units in your block and contact those people who have signed something. But please bear in mind: not every insurance sold at the doorstep is a rip off. And some of them may find your attitude quite questionable, being so kepo...
    Last edited by Octarine; 11th February 2014 at 04:59 PM.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    It would be good if you stop generalizing and be more specific. Such generic rants is exactly what puts off every police man on duty, because they cannot act on something unspecific, they need hard facts. You told them about the insurance sellers, they told you it's legally correct. So what else do you expect? Police is law enforcement, if there is no law broken (or going to be broken soon) then they have nothing to do. Do you seriously ask for the police to accompany every insurance agent during his house visits??
    As I mentioned: if you want to help and support folks that you consider at risk then please make yourself knowledgeable or get someone else familiar with the topic and talk to the old folks around you. With a cooling off period of 3 days you can cover a lot of units in your block and contact those people who have signed something. But please bear in mind: not every insurance sold at the doorstep is a rip off. And some of them may find your attitude quite questionable, being so kepo...
    Another solution could be to migrate to North Korea.. zero civil rights, no insurance sellers. Suspicious elements are shot on the spot. Just be careful that you are not considered being suspicious one fine day.
    What I heard is not just sales. They tell my neighbor that this woman having breast cancer and cannot claim etc. It's not just asking her, do you need a policy n go off after she says no. She is a malaysian and might not know about recent case. I feels she been push to buy and with recent case of using such tactic, I got to check with the police. If the police wait till what till crime happens then take action, I feels that they just dont want trouble. I also feels that the police who I talk to, not willing to help too. Since like that, why I should bother anymore by warning other? I just warn those that I know will do and stay out of trouble, must learn to be selfish too. Thanks for reminding me.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post

What I heard is not just sales. They tell my neighbor that this woman having breast cancer and cannot claim etc. It's not just asking her, do you need a policy n go off after she says no. She is a malaysian and might not know about recent case. I feels she been push to buy and with recent case of using such tactic, I got to check with the police. If the police wait till what till crime happens then take action, I feels that they just dont want trouble. I also feels that the police who I talk to, not willing to help too. Since like that, why I should bother anymore by warning other? I just warn those that I know will do and stay out of trouble, must learn to be selfish too. Thanks for reminding me.
    The society is getting more bo chap.... even if you have good intention.
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmoon View Post

The society is getting more bo chap.... even if you have good intention.
    I don't care about what other did but as long we ourself feels right, i will do it. I willing to give $ or buy food for a hardworking worker but wouldn't donate so often to charity. I neither good or bad, I always standing on my line.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

TS's concern for his neighbours is commendable. Although it is possible for such concern to be misplaced in some cases. Because white collar con job crimes are in a nebulous grey area.
    It is only too easy to smack him down with snide wise guy remarks.

One can gravitate to the other extreme.
    To care only about oneself and ignore others' cries for help.
    That is what happened in USA in 1964.
    Kitty Genovese - public apathy and bystander effect
    Last edited by ricohflex; 11th February 2014 at 08:10 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12