Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Thread: What happen to Haagen Diaz Ice cream( Rum and Raisin)?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,062

    Unhappy What happen to Haagen Diaz Ice cream( Rum and Raisin)?

    Hi guys,
    Just found out that my Fav Ice Cream is gone.... Can't find this Favour anywhere. Can anyone let me know if any of the outlets near their homes sell this favour so i can stock up... i normally consume 2 pints a week...Help...

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    422

    Default

    why don't u ask the staff from haagen daz shop... there is one at junction8, the should know. mean while try anderson of denmark ice cream it is nice

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nicholas1986
    why don't u ask the staff from haagen daz shop... there is one at junction8, the should know. mean while try anderson of denmark ice cream it is nice

    I ask already, they also not sure.....
    If really no choice, i will try Anderson's.... which do you prefer?

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    422

    Default

    the last time i ate haagen daz was like 2 years ago, dun like it cos it is very sweet , switch to anderson since then

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Somewhere near a chinese lake
    Posts
    1,441

    Default

    Rum and raisin ice cream... my favourite flavour too. But Haagen Daaz quite expensive. You can try Swensen also if you can find it. Too bad the rum and raisin ice cream in Singapore doesn't come with any alcoholic content. The one I've tried when I was in Europe was . My friend's kid got drunk after we 1st tried the ice cream in Europe!!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nicholas1986
    the last time i ate haagen daz was like 2 years ago, dun like it cos it is very sweet , switch to anderson since then

    i love it since the very first time becos its the only one that can satisfy my Sweet Tooth....

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kelccm
    Rum and raisin ice cream... my favourite flavour too. But Haagen Daaz quite expensive. You can try Swensen also if you can find it. Too bad the rum and raisin ice cream in Singapore doesn't come with any alcoholic content. The one I've tried when I was in Europe was . My friend's kid got drunk after we 1st tried the ice cream in Europe!!

    have you tried adding more Rum after you opened it at home???
    wonder whether yr friend's kid would try it again....lol.. must be good stuff..

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The 3rd Rock
    Posts
    1,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nikonsiao
    Hi guys,
    Just found out that my Fav Ice Cream is gone.... Can't find this Favour anywhere. Can anyone let me know if any of the outlets near their homes sell this favour so i can stock up... i normally consume 2 pints a week...Help...

    Is Haagen Diaz a Halal Food Cert registered company? if so rum is disallowed. IIRC, one other Halal ice cream company had their rum related products withdrew too.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Somewhere near a chinese lake
    Posts
    1,441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nikonsiao
    have you tried adding more Rum after you opened it at home???
    wonder whether yr friend's kid would try it again....lol.. must be good stuff..
    The ice cream itself doesn't have any alcohol but it is the raisins that are soaked in rum. So while the ice cream has the rum flavour, it is the raisins that give the shiokness! Even the Haagen Daaz's rum and raisin (in Europe) has that real rum soaked raisins.

    BTW, must be quite some sweet tooth you have to buy Haagen Daaz ice cream every week Hee hee

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Somewhere near a chinese lake
    Posts
    1,441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffhiew
    Is Haagen Diaz a Halal Food Cert registered company? if so rum is disallowed. IIRC, one other Halal ice cream company had their rum related products withdrew too.
    Ah I forgot about our fellow muslims here. Now I know why there is no real rum in Singapore's ice cream. I'm not sure if it is Halal certified, but I'm sure no company would like to lose any potential customers.

  11. #11

    Default Rum & Raisins

    Have you tried the ones from Gelare?

    Not bad too ... will try Anderson someday


  12. #12

    Default

    U can find the flavour in the haagen dazs near marriot next to scotts one.. just had it a few days ago. can't be gone so fast!

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,406

    Default

    i prefer baileys over rum & raisin.. cos i dun like raisins...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,146

    Default

    Anyone tried Green's Caramel ice cream? sold in NTUC. My favourite.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffhiew
    Is Haagen Diaz a Halal Food Cert registered company? if so rum is disallowed. IIRC, one other Halal ice cream company had their rum related products withdrew too.
    What?!?! No more haagen dazs ram and raisin??!!!??? NOOoooooo!!!!!

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SnapSnap
    What?!?! No more haagen dazs ram and raisin??!!!??? NOOoooooo!!!!!
    i almost read "RAM & heatsink".

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Singapore/Thailand
    Posts
    4,642

    Default

    guess what... bkk Haagen Diaz also no rum rasin...
    Budget wedding photographer :)

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,406

    Default

    bkk got Baskin Robins 31 wat.. better imho... i love many flavours...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Singapore/Thailand
    Posts
    4,642

    Default

    heehee~ yeah i usually eat at Baskin Robins... they have Rum Rasin nice! hehe
    Budget wedding photographer :)

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    2,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kate78
    U can find the flavour in the haagen dazs near marriot next to scotts one.. just had it a few days ago. can't be gone so fast!

    go check it out..Dun have....that's why i have not been sleeping properly...
    i miss my rum and raisin....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •