Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Marius

  1. #1
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,659

    Default Marius

    http://edition.cnn.com/2014/02/09/wo...k-zoo-giraffe/

    They were supposed to be protectors. May the rotting corpses of Bengt Holst and those who involved be fed to the dogs. In my books, they are surpluses too.

  2. #2
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    849

    Default Re: Marius

    Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    http://edition.cnn.com/2014/02/09/wo...k-zoo-giraffe/

    They were supposed to be protectors. May the rotting corpses of Bengt Holst and those who involved be fed to the dogs. In my books, they are surpluses too.
    Yeah, saw it. Can't understand their logic.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

  3. #3
    Senior Member richiemccaw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,101

    Default Re: Marius

    Quite shocked to read about this. Not sure what has gotten into them. It would have been a lot more humane to have donated the giraffe to another place. I'm very sure they would have found a taker!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Marius

    Quote Originally Posted by richiemccaw1 View Post
    Quite shocked to read about this. Not sure what has gotten into them. It would have been a lot more humane to have donated the giraffe to another place. I'm very sure they would have found a taker!

    There were many takers. A person even wanted to donate USD$700,000 to keep the animal alive. But they insisted on killing it.
    The guy in charge wanted his 5 minutes of fame, citing scientific reasons to kill. Maybe the public/city authorities should have laid his ass on the line. i.e. if he kills the giraffe, then he will be immediately sacked. Then the idiot would suddenly come out with new scientific reasons why the giraffe must be kept alive.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 10th February 2014 at 08:38 PM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member richiemccaw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,101

    Default Re: Marius

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    There were many takers. A person even wanted to donate USD$700,000 to keep the animal alive. But they insisted on killing it.
    The guy in charge wanted his 5 minutes of fame, citing scientific reasons to kill. Maybe the public/city authorities should have laid his ass on the line. i.e. if he kills the giraffe, then he will be immediately sacked. Then the idiot would suddenly come out with new scientific reasons why the giraffe must be kept alive.
    I would not have expected this to happen in the modern world.. at least not in a fairly civilised European country.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,659

    Default Re: Marius

    I hope they get what they bloody deserve. Threats were made.....

  7. #7
    Senior Member Halfmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Hougang, Singapore.
    Posts
    4,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    http://edition.cnn.com/2014/02/09/wo...k-zoo-giraffe/

    They were supposed to be protectors. May the rotting corpses of Bengt Holst and those who involved be fed to the dogs. In my books, they are surpluses too.
    This is a weird situation.....
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •