Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Dan Brown's fans here ?

Default Any Dan Brown's fans here ?

Just finished his "Deception Point" and IMO its the best one in his series
    of books. Simply can't put it down after I started.

Quote Originally Posted by cookiez
    Just finished his "Deception Point" and IMO its the best one in his series
    of books. Simply can't put it down after I started.
    u must read his Da Vinci Code ..
    can hv goose bumps all over your body .......

before Da Vinci Code, should read the prequel "Angels and Demons" first to warm up :P

I'm reading his 'Da Vinci Code", halfway through and it's so captivating.. Can't put down the book after start reading..
    Mine is the illustrated version, and it's really wonderful as readers will have a clearer picture as for what he is writing about.. especially about the part about The Last Supper by Leonardo Da Vinci.

i've read these books

da vinci code......
    angels n demons..
    digital fortress is so-so only. doesn't have the same effect on me as the two others mentioned.

Read DV Code and A&D. Starting on D Point soon!

Da Vinci Code, found A&D quite similar too. Find it not as thrilling as DVC.

To me, Da Vinci Code is only so-so, Angel & Demon is much better
    than DVC. Deception Point is the best ! you dunno who is the real villain
    until the last few pages...which keeps you turning and turning the pages from
    page 1, can't stop !!

I read only Da Vinci Code, find it quite boring leh. But managed to finish it. Maybe bcos people who have read it told me it is very good and I got high expectation.

Quote Originally Posted by cookiez
    To me, Da Vinci Code is only so-so, Angel & Demon is much better
    than DVC. Deception Point is the best ! you dunno who is the real villain
    until the last few pages...which keeps you turning and turning the pages from
    page 1, can't stop !!
    Same here, I find DVC so so and dunno why other praise it so well.

To me, Da Vinci Code, is rather predictable. After reading it, I sort of not much interest to pick up the rest of his books...Maybe I shld try Deception Point I like story which dunno who's the real villian until the end.

vince123123
    Guests

i recall that both digital fortress and angels and demons have the sort of twist that you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo
    Same here, I find DVC so so and dunno why other praise it so well.

To me, Da Vinci Code, is rather predictable. After reading it, I sort of not much interest to pick up the rest of his books...Maybe I shld try Deception Point I like story which dunno who's the real villian until the end.

I like Deception Point the most in terms of story line, but DVC really stirred up my interest in the history of Chrisianity and Da Vinci...

Found a funny "flaw" in A&D. In a few instances when the characters tried make calls from their cell phone, they could not get a dial tone because there was no signal (either underground or busy network).

Here are the references which I managed to pull out by doing a search in the book on Amazon.com for "dial tone":

1. on Page 95:
    "... me." Kohler did not move. An instant later, Vittoria realized why. This far underground , her cell phone had no dial tone. Fuming, she headed for the elevator. T he Hassassin stood at the end of the stone tunnel. His torch still ..."

2. on Page 97:
    "... opened, Kohler was still talking. Vittoria stepped out of the elevator, pulled out her phone, and tried again. Still no dial tone. Damn! She headed for the door. ..."

3. on Page 116:
    "... pocket of her shorts. Vittoria removed an ultrathin cell phone. The guard took it, clicked it on, waited for a dial tone, and then, apparently satisfied that it was indeed nothing more than a phone, returned it to her. Vittoria slid it ..."

4. on Page 428:
    "... "I need your phone." Langdon was frenzied. The man shrugged. "No dial tone. Been trying all night. Circuits are packed." Langdon swore aloud. "Have you seen anyone go in there?" He pointed to ..."

Since when do we need to get a dial tone on cell phones before we can dial? I don't think there is even such a thing as dial tone for digital cell phones. You just check if you have network connection from the display screen right?

Mistakes like this don't go well with hi-tech thrillers I think...

Last edited by roygoh; 17th June 2005 at 09:08 AM.
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

heh...maybe he put that in to see who will spot the "mistakes"?

anyway...for those who have finished the books, go solve some puzzles at http://www.danbrown.com.

Most of what happened in Da Vinci Code took place in Paris. Many of the places reminded me of my visit to Paris - that makes me click with it. Otherwise, it is just another book to read like a good book to read when travelling - lots of waiting time apart from "playing with your cam".

Well, I find that there are far too much fortuitious events that borders on the incredible, but the yarn was told rather convincingly.
    I love big car, big house, big lenses, but small apertures.

Quote Originally Posted by roygoh
    I like Deception Point the most in terms of story line, but DVC really stirred up my interest in the history of Chrisianity and Da Vinci...

Found a funny "flaw" in A&D. In a few instances when the characters tried make calls from their cell phone, they could not get a dial tone because there was no signal (either underground or busy network).

Here are the references which I managed to pull out by doing a search in the book on Amazon.com for "dial tone":

1. on Page 95:
    "... me." Kohler did not move. An instant later, Vittoria realized why. This far underground , her cell phone had no dial tone. Fuming, she headed for the elevator. T he Hassassin stood at the end of the stone tunnel. His torch still ..."

2. on Page 97:
    "... opened, Kohler was still talking. Vittoria stepped out of the elevator, pulled out her phone, and tried again. Still no dial tone. Damn! She headed for the door. ..."

3. on Page 116:
    "... pocket of her shorts. Vittoria removed an ultrathin cell phone. The guard took it, clicked it on, waited for a dial tone, and then, apparently satisfied that it was indeed nothing more than a phone, returned it to her. Vittoria slid it ..."

4. on Page 428:
    "... "I need your phone." Langdon was frenzied. The man shrugged. "No dial tone. Been trying all night. Circuits are packed." Langdon swore aloud. "Have you seen anyone go in there?" He pointed to ..."

Since when do we need to get a dial tone on cell phones before we can dial? I don't think there is even such a thing as dial tone for digital cell phones. You just check if you have network connection from the display screen right?

Mistakes like this don't go well with hi-tech thrillers I think...

Exactlly~~!... I tot no one every notice that... as I was going through A&D... I was like "Dial Tone?... mobile phone?..." and I was picturing a old line phone...

haha...u guys really sharp-eyed
    Seriously I really didnt even notice it

i agree with cookiez deception point is the best in the series... angels and demons is better than the davinci code though :S i read davinci code first and angels n demons made the davinci code seem so uninteresting! lol
    Budget wedding photographer :)

Quote Originally Posted by ParkertR
    i agree with cookiez deception point is the best in the series... angels and demons is better than the davinci code though :S i read davinci code first and angels n demons made the davinci code seem so uninteresting! lol
    great minds think alike

slightly different from u, i read A&D first as it supposed to be the "pre-sequal"
    of DVC. Now i can still remember the storyline in A&D clearly but can't
    really remember what happened in DVC.

Dan Brown fan? Just see my location...
    Jia Wang... "A photo is only as beautiful as the photographer's eyes can see."
    My Eyes ;)

Actually... Deception Point have the worst plot... man, all this trouble for a virus?

DVC and A&D iz the best

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast