Thread: Bora Bora Advise Needed :

Default Bora Bora Advise Needed :

Hi,
    I saw this beatiful place on earth from the web site. It is quite $$$. Any other places with similar view but cheaper. To stay Bora Bora is about SGP1000 per night

<Picture links removed by Roy>
    Last edited by roygoh; 17th June 2005 at 01:55 AM.

in this region , as far as huts on stilts are concerned, there are similar resorts in Philippines, Sabah, Maldives and the nearby Pangkor Laut Resort in Malaysia. In terms of quality, Maldives is the closest. u really get what you pay for.

Pangkor Laut Resort will be a good bet since u save on airfare....

Eric

Thread moved to General, Reviews, Tech Talk for place discussion.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Are those photos taken by you?

Not by me. How I wish there are taken by me. Looking around for places to go for my honeymoon trip and this is something really catch my eyes. This place is very nice but $$$ too. Thatís why I posted in Clubsnap forum to look for alternative.

Last year I went to WhitSunday and it is beatiful too. After that, Australia gold coast is Chum Chum...

Ehcsim
    D100.17-35.70-200.20.50.85.SB-800

Quote Originally Posted by ehcsim
    Not by me. How I wish there are taken by me. Looking around for places to go for my honeymoon trip and this is something really catch my eyes. This place is very nice but $$$ too. Thatís why I posted in Clubsnap forum to look for alternative.

Last year I went to WhitSunday and it is beatiful too. After that, Australia gold coast is Chum Chum...

Ehcsim
    If these pictures are not taken by you then you should not hot link them in your thread.

I have removed the picture links and moved the thread to Kopitiam since the discussion is not directly related to photography.

Thanks.

- Roy
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Quote Originally Posted by ehcsim

Ehcsim
    If those photos are not taken by you, I would advise you to delete them from the CS gallery. I know the photographs are beautiful, but we would not want them in the CS gallery.

Hope you understand.

It's surprising to see how members react when their photos got leeched, that's almost like end of the world. BUT when they leeched other's photos for own use, it's ok.

Perhaps the leeching rule only applies to girls/women/aunties photos. Others are ok.

Kinda funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Stylus C34
    It's surprising to see how members react when their photos got leeched, that's almost like end of the world. BUT when they leeched other's photos for own use, it's ok.

Perhaps the leeching rule only applies to girls/women/aunties photos. Others are ok.

Kinda funny.
    ... not everybody knows the implications of posting others' photographs on websites. So let's not try to pass judgments here.

from his very first post, EHCSIM has already mentioned that the photos are from a website. Perhaps he should have indicated the url as well but he definitely didn't call the photos his own.....

Quote Originally Posted by kthan
    from his very first post, EHCSIM has already mentioned that the photos are from a website. Perhaps he should have indicated the url as well but he definitely didn't call the photos his own.....
    Have you seen those photos before they were deleted? And no one had said that he called those photos his own, which is precisely the same reason the advice I have given him.

Stylus_C34 (whoever he is) is right. If you have a beautifully-taken photo, and it had been leeched and found it's been stored and displayed in another website, would you be upset?

Quote Originally Posted by Goondu
    Have you seen those photos before they were deleted?
    Yes i have, your point being?

As mod and administrators, you have absolute right in deciding what is allowed and what is not. I am not here to challenge it.

I am just saying that the thread starter has mentioned that the pics are from a website, so why asked if he took the pics himself? Of course everything falls into place with the subsequent postings from you and roygoh.

And if you are directing the leeching question to me, yes my u/w photos have been leeched before. I am past being upset now. Afterall you can't really expect it not to happen in something as unregulated and unpoliced like the internet. If you don't want it leeched, the safest thing to do is don;t post. I only post low res pics now and if it gets leeched, i will just take it as a compliment.

None of the posting so far is of any help to the thread starter, which is to help find a honeymoon destination for his wife. Perhaps we should close this thread and ask the thread starter to start a new one?

Ehcsim, link the url to Bora Bora in your new thread, but please don;t hotlink any pics not taken by you.

This forum has a wealth of info to share. Perhaps the owners of some beautiful resorts are lurking in here somewhere

Eric

Yes i have, your point being?
    The reason I asked him for confirmation is that I have to be absolutely sure. The fact that these pictures were stored in the public gallery and under his username, and I give him the benefit of the doubt that the pictures were really taken by him.

As mod and administrators, you have absolute right in deciding what is allowed and what is not. I am not here to challenge it.
    I have absolute right in deciding what is allowed and what is not? Doesn't seem like so. I am here to moderate, and if any potential issues, especially in relation to copyright infringement, I would advise the members to refrain from posting them.

I am just saying that the thread starter has mentioned that the pics are from a website, so why asked if he took the pics himself? Of course everything falls into place with the subsequent postings from you and roygoh.
    Clubsnap is also a website, and it is still quite possible that the photos are taken by him. See above again.

And if you are directing the leeching question to me, yes my u/w photos have been leeched before. I am past being upset now. Afterall you can't really expect it not to happen in something as unregulated and unpoliced like the internet. If you don't want it leeched, the safest thing to do is don;t post. I only post low res pics now and if it gets leeched, i will just take it as a compliment.
    I am sorry to hear that. But like you said, you wouldn't want anyone to leech your photos.

None of the posting so far is of any help to the thread starter, which is to help find a honeymoon destination for his wife. Perhaps we should close this thread and ask the thread starter to start a new one?
    Agreed. On one hand, I have to apologise for spoiling ehcsim thread and degenerated into this, but on the other, I would still strongly advise ehcsim to delete those pictures stored in his personal webspace in the CS domain.

Ehcsim, link the url to Bora Bora in your new thread, but please don;t hotlink any pics not taken by you.

This forum has a wealth of info to share. Perhaps the owners of some beautiful resorts are lurking in here somewhere

Eric
    Do not forget the case between some members in the HWZ community and Video-Pro. The case of libel lawsuit may be different from this, but then again if there is a chance whernsomeone really takes up the case of copyright infringement, who do you think will lose?

Fortunately, I am not the moderator for this sub-forum, and would not be able to lock up the thread, else I would have been accused of exercising my absolute right.