Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Thread: Old toys.

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default Old toys.

    When I in my primary school (81 to 86), I been having some old wooden toys. I still keep them till now but hard to find in ebay too. Maybe all been destroyed as it's wood/metal/rubber etc. Still got some kaka toys too, really must preserve till I die.

    Do you still keep some? (Yoyo old ones, other old toys etc.)
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  2. #2

    Default

    Many of those small one had threw away during spring cleaning etc. Some may still hiding somewhere in box somewhere. If that time at young age know the value of those toys now, will have keep them.
    But still have the old transformer toys. And MASK (those car transform in plane etc), old wrestling & ninja turle figures etc

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huatman View Post
    Many of those small one had threw away during spring cleaning etc. Some may still hiding somewhere in box somewhere. If that time at young age know the value of those toys now, will have keep them.
    But still have the old transformer toys. And MASK (those car transform in plane etc), old wrestling & ninja turle figures etc
    My family poor that time. Only got the mask toy, the condo. Still rmb those transformers cost up to $200+ but totally can't afford. If have one, maybe 10x the $ now.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM

    My family poor that time. Only got the mask toy, the condo. Still rmb those transformers cost up to $200+ but totally can't afford. If have one, maybe 10x the $ now.
    My times that are those "copy" transformer toys. Without the logo, not "Transformer" wording and some have bit diff in color at much cheaper . Some less than $10 ($10 quite lot at that time for student), some not that popular model even less than $5, while real one cost many time more.. After that find those logo on newspaper etc, cut them out & stick on toy. Everyday save few cents fr pocket $ or skip recess meal, walked long distance (save bus fares) and spend all pocket $ on just 1 small transformer.

    Now those new toys now, the price had gone up really crazy. Sometime easily $50 or more gone for small one.
    Last edited by huatman; 9th February 2014 at 08:06 AM.

  5. #5

    Default

    Not to mention have to play them when parent not around.. So won't get scolding for spending pocket $ on toys.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default

    My extra pocket $ only from grand parent. My sch meal is only 50 cents daily, no more. That's why nowadayd when I got extra, I don't mind spending. Life only once, just enjoy else die liao with a lot of $ also no use. Ha ha!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  7. #7
    Senior Member Halfmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Hougang, Singapore.
    Posts
    4,590

    Default Re: Old toys.

    Quote Originally Posted by huatman View Post
    My times that are those "copy" transformer toys. Without the logo, not "Transformer" wording and some have bit diff in color at much cheaper . Some less than $10 ($10 quite lot at that time for student), some not that popular model even less than $5, while real one cost many time more.. After that find those logo on newspaper etc, cut them out & stick on toy. Everyday save few cents fr pocket $ or skip recess meal, walked long distance (save bus fares) and spend all pocket $ on just 1 small transformer.

    Now those new toys now, the price had gone up really crazy. Sometime easily $50 or more gone for small one.
    Most family have lesser kids, and they will lavish their child with toys... and so... why not chop carrot?
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halfmoon

    Most family have lesser kids, and they will lavish their child with toys... and so... why not chop carrot?
    My parent may chop me if I were asked for sure expensive toys..

  9. #9
    Senior Member Halfmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Hougang, Singapore.
    Posts
    4,590

    Default Re: Old toys.

    Quote Originally Posted by huatman View Post
    My parent may chop me if I were asked for sure expensive toys..
    Your parents....

    Nowadays.. Parents are all kena Ransomed by their flesh and blood....
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Old toys.

    Those that have Starcom toys (especially mint set or good working sets) can really sell!!
    I just love Starcom (I don't have any of its toys).
    [This space is available for rent]

  11. #11
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default Re: Old toys.

    I was a big fan of MASK!

  12. #12
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    849

    Default Re: Old toys.

    I wasn't a Singaporean yet. No branded toys, but my fav was Kerosene powered ship, bought from street. They called it pop-pop boat.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

  13. #13
    Senior Member Halfmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Hougang, Singapore.
    Posts
    4,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    I wasn't a Singaporean yet. No branded toys, but my fav was Kerosene powered ship, bought from street. They called it pop-pop boat.
    Sounds interesting.
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Old toys.

    Still keeping my Lego from 35 years ago... plus my table tennis bat, PF4...
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

  15. #15
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    849

    Default Re: Old toys.

    Quote Originally Posted by Halfmoon View Post
    Sounds interesting.
    U think so? I think every kampong in this world has this toy leh. U shd try to play with one. Some can be quite fast.

    Mine used cotton wool soaked in kerosene to provide for the power.
    Last edited by Foxshade; 10th February 2014 at 12:27 PM.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

  16. #16

    Default Re: Old toys.

    Got a Yoda rubber puppet (I wonder if he is worth anything ??)
    Ok... just checked Ebay, US$30 only...


    Before that, old cheap ma-ma shop toy.
    Plastic ball is best.
    Play football, play hamtam-bola (esp. with longkang water and dog **** from the drain), also can throw at dog to make it chase us

    I still got a DnD Box sets somewhere at my parents place. (collectors items for sure... )
    Just check ebay...nope... again US$30

  17. #17
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    849

    Default Re: Old toys.

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Do you still keep some? (Yoyo old ones, other old toys etc.)
    Did you hammer some flint at the side of your yoyo for sparks?
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post

    Did you hammer some flint at the side of your yoyo for sparks?
    Funny thing is that I never own a yoyo before. Played with but not own.

    A lot of old toys are cast iron from japan. Hard to find any n also, can't afford last time. Got a school mate got a lot, family rich mah.

    Nowadays those from ebay cmi for some n asking for a high price. Just keep my old toys will do. Esp those playing cards, got about 30 packs of it. Heh heh!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  19. #19
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    849

    Default Re: Old toys.

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Funny thing is that I never own a yoyo before. Played with but not own.

    A lot of old toys are cast iron from japan. Hard to find any n also, can't afford last time. Got a school mate got a lot, family rich mah.

    Nowadays those from ebay cmi for some n asking for a high price. Just keep my old toys will do. Esp those playing cards, got about 30 packs of it. Heh heh!
    Ha ha... almost the same. My Yoyos are 2nd hand. Passed down from rich kids when they don't want them anymore...
    Nowadays those plastic yoyos are too light for my taste. Miss those wooden yoyos
    Last edited by Foxshade; 10th February 2014 at 02:08 PM.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

  20. #20
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    849

    Default Re: Old toys.

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Got a Yoda rubber puppet (I wonder if he is worth anything ??)
    Ok... just checked Ebay, US$30 only...
    You own the wrong toy. If you had


    or

    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •