Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which dvd writer?

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Get a Plextor

LOL... The Leitz of the optical drives world.. I'd recommend Plextor only if cost is not an issue.. Teac back in the old days was the Zeiss Ikon.. But they've since stop manufacturing their own drives...

HI freeworld
    Have been using it for 7 months. Very happy with it. At least it havent let me down yet.. even though i use it quite heavily.
    Check out the 1640 model. Better than the 1620 pro and selling price now is $99!

In all, I had tested 4 dvd drives:

Sony 16X dvd rom bought in NOV 2003.

Mitsubishi 424 DVDRW writer in May 2004

Asus DRW1608P in June 2005

And HP laptop dvd rom probably before 2002.

The disc I used to burn by Asus drive is AZO dye(cheap brand) 4X and 8X. If the discs was burnt without multisessions. It was able to read in all drives mentioned above.

But if it was multisessions burn, then only first 3 drives was able to read files which was burn(multi sessions) later.

The HP laptop dvd rom was unable to read (multisessions). Only able to read the files which were burnt on the first run........

The TDK DVDRW blank disc which I said got problem earlier, is now burn perfectly on the Asus drive, using the latest Nero.
    The Older HP dvd rom was unable to read TDK DVDRW discs at all....

I think before you try to burn any dvd disc, make sure you drive, software, firmware and the blank disc is compatible.........in this case, latest is safest and dun try to save the few dollars(buy old models) ended up more headache.

Good luck....hope you dun have to experience what I went through

Has anyone seen any external drive cases for all in one combo (5.25, 3.5 and 2.5 drives)yet?

So far, I have only seen one that takes 5.25" and 3.5" drives only.

Quote Originally Posted by Benign
    Has anyone seen any external drive cases for all in one combo (5.25, 3.5 and 2.5 drives)yet?
    i have one..but dun comes with the case, only power adapter and USB cable

Thanks. $99 is indeed very tempting
    But somehow the one with Light Scribe is also very tempting

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123