Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: New Lens Road Map - FF hinted?

  1. #1

    Default New Lens Road Map - FF hinted?

    Ricoh/Pentax just updated the K mount lens road map here:

    http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/japan...Mount_Lens.pdf

    There is a *Tele Zoom on the way, and its focal range is roughly around 70-200mm, and it doesn't have DA tag. Probably an FF lens?

    Oh well, hopefully we'd really see some more hints or announcement about FF soon.

    Cheers to all!

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Ricoh/Pentax just updated the K mount lens road map here:

    http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/japan...Mount_Lens.pdf

    There is a *Tele Zoom on the way, and its focal range is roughly around 70-200mm, and it doesn't have DA tag. Probably an FF lens?

    Oh well, hopefully we'd really see some more hints or announcement about FF soon.

    Cheers to all!
    Wahhhhh great great great.....:-)

  3. #3
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: New Lens Road Map - FF hinted?

    If they do FF they really need a wide lens that can be used on FF.

    Looking at the lenses that are shown in the road map that are tagged as FF, there are probably too many gaps? Especially when it comes to zooms. Just having a telephoto zoom isn't going to cut it, I feel.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    If they do FF they really need a wide lens that can be used on FF.

    Looking at the lenses that are shown in the road map that are tagged as FF, there are probably too many gaps? Especially when it comes to zooms. Just having a telephoto zoom isn't going to cut it, I feel.
    I agree with you Bro. At least they should have the focal range better covered.

    Or is this a teaser to garner interest? Hmm...
    PENTAX | NIKON FE
    Flickr

  5. #5
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: New Lens Road Map - FF hinted?

    No idea, but always having an option is good. Now, if Pentax comes up with light, decent pancake lenses.. I think that is one area which it can establish a niche in. Sure, Sony A7 is small but the native lenses are still bulky.. Same goes for all the other brands' FF offerings.

  6. #6

    Default Re: New Lens Road Map - FF hinted?

    Yeah, I noticed that the 70-200 or whatever is also in a color bar the same as the FF compatible tele lenses.
    So hope it is going to happen in 2014.


    As for FF lens lineup.
    FA ltd work great on FF. (as great as the legends say they are )
    Thats wide, normal, portrait tele already.
    Add in the DA100 WR; DA200; DA300 and all Pentax needs to release at FF launch is a UWA.
    Some systems make do with even less when introduced (think m4/3, FujiX and A7/r)

  7. #7
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: New Lens Road Map - FF hinted?

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    As for FF lens lineup.
    FA ltd work great on FF. (as great as the legends say they are )
    Thats wide, normal, portrait tele already.
    Add in the DA100 WR; DA200; DA300 and all Pentax needs to release at FF launch is a UWA.
    Some systems make do with even less when introduced (think m4/3, FujiX and A7/r)
    You still need a fisheye and UWA for the landscape photographers.. That's if Pentax cares about landscape photographers, and it should, because it's a huge part of the market which will continue to grow. Not catering for them would be short-sighted.

    Best if we get a Canon 8-15 equivalent. -drool-

    For M4/3 and Fuji X, they either have thrown in the UWAs or are getting them soon. Fact is, if the Fuji 10-24 works out well, I am considering trying it out. Everything shrinks when you use a smaller camera (I would be able to use the NN3, for example).
    Last edited by edutilos-; 6th February 2014 at 03:20 PM.

  8. #8

    Default Re: New Lens Road Map - FF hinted?

    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    You still need a fisheye and UWA for the landscape photographers.. That's if Pentax cares about landscape photographers, and it should, because it's a huge part of the market which will continue to grow. Not catering for them would be short-sighted.

    Best if we get a Canon 8-15 equivalent. -drool-

    For M4/3 and Fuji X, they either have thrown in the UWAs or are getting them soon. Fact is, if the Fuji 10-24 works out well, I am considering trying it out. Everything shrinks when you use a smaller camera (I would be able to use the NN3, for example).
    I have high hopes for that XF 10-24mm - they really have no bad lenses in their line-up. I'm sorry to say my K5 have been hanging out in the dry cabinet ever since I got my X-E1. Until I take photos of my daughter in the pool that is!

  9. #9

    Default Re: New Lens Road Map - FF hinted?

    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    You still need a fisheye and UWA for the landscape photographers.. That's if Pentax cares about landscape photographers, and it should, because it's a huge part of the market which will continue to grow. Not catering for them would be short-sighted.

    Best if we get a Canon 8-15 equivalent. -drool-

    For M4/3 and Fuji X, they either have thrown in the UWAs or are getting them soon. Fact is, if the Fuji 10-24 works out well, I am considering trying it out. Everything shrinks when you use a smaller camera (I would be able to use the NN3, for example).

    Thats what I said.
    They need to launch a UWA together with a FF to close up that gap.
    Fisheye... I think usually most companies will not come up with one as a priority..
    Samyang 8mm??

    See how.. come out first then say.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Coast Road
    Posts
    1,175

    Default Re: New Lens Road Map - FF hinted?

    Could be f1.8!! Super zoom

  11. #11
    Member SyncGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,118

    Default

    Aiya... What UWA?

    They will just need to launch a FF with crop mode enabled (most likely) so that users can continue to use the current DA lenses along with FA lenses while they work on a FF UWA la..
    Pentax Kr, Pentax Super A
    K105/2.8, Fa*24/2, A28/2, A35/2, A50/1.4, A*85/1.4, A100/2.8, A135/2.8

  12. #12

    Default Re: New Lens Road Map - FF hinted?

    Quote Originally Posted by SyncGuy View Post
    Aiya... What UWA?

    They will just need to launch a FF with crop mode enabled (most likely) so that users can continue to use the current DA lenses along with FA lenses while they work on a FF UWA la..
    Good idea!

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Coast Road
    Posts
    1,175

    Default Re: New Lens Road Map - FF hinted?

    Best analysis.. Aside, U can shoot alone the 31mm fa wedding full day... Needn't self imposed restriction. ..

  14. #14
    Member SyncGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by P3ntx View Post
    Best analysis.. Aside, U can shoot alone the 31mm fa wedding full day... Needn't self imposed restriction. ..
    Yea.... What would be interesting is to know what would be the maximum effective resolution in FF mode since it would affect the resolution whilst in crop mode.

    Perhaps 36mp so that crop mode would be 24mp or something like that?
    Unless of course they would prefer to compromise crop resolution to much lower as 36mp in FF would be a tad too unforgiving for the current glasses as "researched" by the many armchair experts out there..
    Pentax Kr, Pentax Super A
    K105/2.8, Fa*24/2, A28/2, A35/2, A50/1.4, A*85/1.4, A100/2.8, A135/2.8

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Coast Road
    Posts
    1,175

    Default Re: New Lens Road Map - FF hinted?

    When embarked on FF league needn't the cropped as denominator.. Is like think ahead and yet not willing to move out of the same track by stepping more back behind on what was before.

  16. #16
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: New Lens Road Map - FF hinted?

    Quote Originally Posted by SyncGuy View Post
    Aiya... What UWA?

    They will just need to launch a FF with crop mode enabled (most likely) so that users can continue to use the current DA lenses along with FA lenses while they work on a FF UWA la..
    Well, then you'll just end up with a bunch of disgruntled landscape photographers who will wait for UWA glass to be out.

    Perhaps a bunch of portrait lovers might buy into it.. It does limit their reach. Not sure if it's a good commercial decision when the base isn't even that large to begin with.

  17. #17
    Member SyncGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post

    Well, then you'll just end up with a bunch of disgruntled landscape photographers who will wait for UWA glass to be out.

    Perhaps a bunch of portrait lovers might buy into it.. It does limit their reach. Not sure if it's a good commercial decision when the base isn't even that large to begin with.
    Hehe! Across all brands, where got perfectly happy users one..
    Everywhere also have bunches of happy and unhappy people. Nowadays, it's all about the company's pocket and their ability in communicating their beliefs and convincing the general users aka talk **** sing song... Men in White?
    Pentax Kr, Pentax Super A
    K105/2.8, Fa*24/2, A28/2, A35/2, A50/1.4, A*85/1.4, A100/2.8, A135/2.8

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •