Thread: IT Expert: Qns for you

Default IT Expert: Qns for you

Can I use P4 Celeron 2.24Gb processor on a P4 i865 motherboard? Can these boards take Celeron chip? I am afriad either my CPU or board or worse both will spoilt. Sorry for the stupid question, I know nuts about these stuffs. Going to assemble my 1st PC...

Quote Originally Posted by Piper
    Can I use P4 Celeron 2.24Gb processor on a P4 i865 motherboard? Can these boards take Celeron chip? I am afriad either my CPU or board or worse both will spoilt. Sorry for the stupid question, I know nuts about these stuffs. Going to assemble my 1st PC...
    1. Select a board from Gigabyte / Abit. Take note of the model number.
    2. Go to their website and do a search for your model, there should be a CPU supported list.
    3. Purchase the motherboard from your "friendly" SLS shops ...

The general answer is yes.

why abit leh? buy Asus !
    Objection !!!

Asus RMA is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    Asus RMA is terrible.
    i haven sent in any of my ASUS board since the P5A era... imho i burnt quite a few P5A tat time... so the RMA is quite good...

Abit also not bad, at least no need go so far for RMA...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives
    why abit leh? buy Asus !

i second on that... Both my Abit P4 motherboards give me headache (one burn off) ... that will be the last Abit i will ever get

P4 Celeron? P4 and Celeron are different processors. The older P4 however has the same 478 sockets as the celeron. The mbo has a 478 socket, thus the chip will fit.

Quote Originally Posted by kitkat
    i second on that... Both my Abit P4 motherboards give me headache (one burn off) ... that will be the last Abit i will ever get
    i third that, i bought abit once and will never buy again.
    Objection !!!