Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Pocket reflector - where to buy?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    30

    Question Pocket reflector - where to buy?

    Hi folks,

    Recently I've been doing quite a bit of outdoor portrait shots. Harsh mid day sunlight and strong backlight is an issue for me.

    I want to ask where can I get a small reflector like in this video below. If you can give me a rough price, it'll be good. Thanks


  2. #2
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,392

    Default Re: Pocket reflector - where to buy?

    We have a whole section of vShops and Mass Sales threads. Upper right hand under "marketplace". Check them out, give them a call.
    Please browse through the forum / use the search function before posting. It is safe to assume that every common question has already been answered (sticky threads / FAQ threads). Product information can be found in the equipment threads, special photography section or the marketplace (shops & prices).
    Last edited by Octarine; 4th February 2014 at 10:07 AM.
    EOS

  3. #3
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Pocket reflector - where to buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by fishndicks View Post
    Hi folks,

    Recently I've been doing quite a bit of outdoor portrait shots. Harsh mid day sunlight and strong backlight is an issue for me.

    I want to ask where can I get a small reflector like in this video below. If you can give me a rough price, it'll be good. Thanks

    this mini reflector is cute.

    FYI, to use reflector effectively, you need to have a reflector same size as your subject, the video already clearly demonstrated that.

    so unless you are shooting miniature people at outdoor, or doing passport photo type of headshot, I'm not sure how do you use this pocket reflector for outdoor portrait.


    anyway, TK foto selling Phottix products, but this pocket reflector is not listed here.

    http://www.tkfoto.com.sg/index.php?o...186&Itemid=220
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    30

    Default Re: Pocket reflector - where to buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    this mini reflector is cute.

    FYI, to use reflector effectively, you need to have a reflector same size as your subject, the video already clearly demonstrated that.

    so unless you are shooting miniature people at outdoor, or doing passport photo type of headshot, I'm not sure how do you use this pocket reflector for outdoor portrait.


    anyway, TK foto selling Phottix products, but this pocket reflector is not listed here.
    yeah i know TK foto sells Phottix products, but i'm looking for this small one cuz it's more portable.

    thanks for the tips tho!

  5. #5

    Default Re: Pocket reflector - where to buy?

    I think it might be the one listed as "2-in-1 Collapsible Reflector 12in" @ S$15?

    Second that. I'd find 12" too small to be versatile, unless you're only shooting macros..

  6. #6

    Default Re: Pocket reflector - where to buy?

    alternative you can get insulation reflector like for car windshield reflector... same effect
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  7. #7
    Senior Member shierwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    3,334

    Default Re: Pocket reflector - where to buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    alternative you can get insulation reflector like for car windshield reflector... same effect
    I'm using one and came free

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    30

    Default Re: Pocket reflector - where to buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    alternative you can get insulation reflector like for car windshield reflector... same effect
    Quote Originally Posted by shierwin View Post
    I'm using one and came free
    Ahhhh I see that makes sense. Never thought of that. Thanks!

  9. #9

    Default Re: Pocket reflector - where to buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by shierwin View Post
    I'm using one and came free
    my friend got one free too.

    It came with his brand new $160k toyota corolla (including COE)

    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  10. #10
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default

    Go check out Daiso, you can find alternative reflectors for $2.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  11. #11
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishndicks View Post

    yeah i know TK foto sells Phottix products, but i'm looking for this small one cuz it's more portable.

    thanks for the tips tho!
    This is not tips.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    30

    Default Re: Pocket reflector - where to buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    This is not tips.
    This is tips.

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post

    FYI, to use reflector effectively, you need to have a reflector same size as your subject, the video already clearly demonstrated that.

    so unless you are shooting miniature people at outdoor, or doing passport photo type of headshot, I'm not sure how do you use this pocket reflector for outdoor portrait.

  13. #13
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishndicks View Post
    This is tips.
    What I'm saying is this is very fundamental. Shouldn't considering as a tips.
    Why there are so many sizes of softbox, umbrella, reflector available?
    If one size can fit all, why would some photographers want to buy some gigantic softboxes, umbrellas and reflectors for?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  14. #14

    Default Re: Pocket reflector - where to buy?

    Didn't he already mention in the video that this was from Photojojo?

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    30

    Default Re: Pocket reflector - where to buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    What I'm saying is this is very fundamental. Shouldn't considering as a tips.
    Why there are so many sizes of softbox, umbrella, reflector available?
    If one size can fit all, why would some photographers want to buy some gigantic softboxes, umbrellas and reflectors for?
    Well I just started learning photography for <1 month, so I see even such a fundamental thing like this as tips.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,436

    Default Re: Pocket reflector - where to buy?

    Don't brag about your accomplishments; Show us your future works.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •