Thread: Some misc. Holga pixs

Default Some misc. Holga pixs

hi, just some miscellaneous pixs taken with a plastic Holga in Kota Tinggi, Malaysia.
    film - Ilford XP2; shutter - 1/100 sec; aperture - f/8; Holga setting was on the 'cloudy' mode...

feel free to comment...

you got some pretty good holga pics....i like de last one...my eyes are immediately drawn to ur subject in de last pic....

thanks isomers.... actually the pixs came out sharper than what i expected, and i was just toying around with the cam, so i was quite pleasantly surprised.

Nice shots! May I know where u developed your film?

Originally posted by Gunjack
    Nice shots! May I know where u developed your film?
    Konota @ Peninsula...

how sharp is it actually?
    DR KOH KHO KING

Originally posted by Kho King
    how sharp is it actually?
    sharp enough for my subject to be in focus... somewhat.

is that what you were asking? cos focusing on the Holga is quite a hit-and-miss thing...

Holga is medium format...thus I wonder if it can give shaper image as compare to 35mm or a better WOW feel compare to 35mm...else why use Holga?

Just curious...
    DR KOH KHO KING

Originally posted by Kho King
    Holga is medium format...thus I wonder if it can give shaper image as compare to 35mm or a better WOW feel compare to 35mm...else why use Holga?

Just curious...
    I suppose people use Holga more for its quirks and fun, not a serious camera. A 35mm image shot with a good lens should easily outperform the Holga ones.

Regards
    CK

Give the spooky kinda feelings. Similiar to <<The Ring>> japanese horror show.

Originally posted by ckiang
    I suppose people use Holga more for its quirks and fun, not a serious camera. A 35mm image shot with a good lens should easily outperform the Holga ones.

Regards
    CK
    oh definitely, if you want technically better, properly exposed photos, then yes even a cheap P&S works better than a holga. i wouldn't be caught dead with a holga at a paid photoshoot (the customer will kill you and i've yet to meet one who specifies that they want the "Holga Effect")...

Holgas are more for fun than anything else... but i'm sure there's a budding artist out there who can/will make a name for himself/herself using a Holga.

Originally posted by franciskc
    Give the spooky kinda feelings. Similiar to <<The Ring>> japanese horror show.
    that's from all the light leaks, that's why you get the foggy effect in certain areas of the photos...

Originally posted by Larry
    oh definitely, if you want technically better, properly exposed photos, then yes even a cheap P&S works better than a holga. i wouldn't be caught dead with a holga at a paid photoshoot (the customer will kill you and i've yet to meet one who specifies that they want the "Holga Effect")...

Holgas are more for fun than anything else... but i'm sure there's a budding artist out there who can/will make a name for himself/herself using a Holga.
    I do know of a wedding photographer who get paid for his Holga shots! In fact there are professionals in the states who shoots with their Holga! Maybe you can start something here in Singapore! I haven't really have time to play with my Woca. Will experiment with it soon i hope!

Btw, i was experimenting with my fungus infested olympus XA2 and the photos turn out quite Lomo like! Maybe can show you this coming seed!

Originally posted by kueko
    I do know of a wedding photographer who get paid for his Holga shots! In fact there are professionals in the states who shoots with their Holga! Maybe you can start something here in Singapore!
    i've yet to meet a couple who wants a Holga photoshoot... i'll be very very impressed if by the couple who does... if any1 wants, i'll be happy to do it for free, minus costs and developing of course.