Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you like to be born 50 years later?

Default Re: Would you like to be born 50 years later?

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    Don't be too hard on yourself. I wouldn't call having kids a stupid decision but at the very least, you got to get them ready for the world. Calibrate your expectations and their's too if you want them to be happy.
    If you can see what is going to happen to this world I really do not think I can get them ready for any of the apocalyptic scenarios. And going through the local education system and competing with foreign talent is nothing compared to what they are going have to face on a degraded earth.

Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post
    If you can see what is going to happen to this world I really do not think I can get them ready for any of the apocalyptic scenarios. And going through the local education system and competing with foreign talent is nothing compared to what they are going have to face on a degraded earth.
    The world is not going to be more predictable if you didn't have any kids.

Still, life's got to carry on.

Depends on where? If the stork dropped me in some Sheikh's mansion, Royal family, etc. why not?

And will you have recollection of your past? If no, maybe not? Have to feel the growing up pains all over again.

I was young and stupid
    It is nature. Nothing stupid about.
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

Every thing is fated. My dad is 1934, me is 1974. 40 years different. If I am born in the 60's, my world would be different. Maybe working as a coolie now, haha!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Every thing is fated. My dad is 1934, me is 1974. 40 years different. If I am born in the 60's, my world would be different. Maybe working as a coolie now, haha!
    You could be a happier coolie out of meritocratic pressure cooker and enjoying your well-earned weekend cold beer in Little India.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    You could be a happier coolie out of meritocratic pressure cooker and enjoying your well-earned weekend cold beer in Little India.
    Yes, give the man a Tiger!

Deregistered

Don't be so pessimistic guys.
    The old has to go before the new can come.
    Destruction is inevitable.
    There will a new heaven on earth after the destruction.
    That is when I want to be, when everything starts anew.

50yrs ago only 1964, even if 50yrs later grew leaps n bound also not enough le.. I say born 100yrs later more exciting..really much harder to imagine or predict..lol

Just reminded of a stupid thing.... born 50 yrs late....

You will miss to see Orchard River 1 time less...

Quote Originally Posted by saberlancer View Post
    50yrs ago only 1964, even if 50yrs later grew leaps n bound also not enough le.. I say born 100yrs later more exciting..really much harder to imagine or predict..lol
    LHL is trying to convince those 50 years younger than him that they are getting a better deal from Singapore than him. If 100 years his message will reach nobody.

LHL is trying to convince those 50 years younger than him that they are getting a better deal from Singapore than him. If 100 years his message will reach nobody.
    With inflation growing faster than economic growth, 50 years later will be worst
    I eats, shoots & leaves

Quote Originally Posted by Yutaka Go View Post
    With inflation growing faster than economic growth, 50 years later will be worst
    Not really... we could have a reboot in between....

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmoon View Post
    Not really... we could have a reboot in between....
    What reboot?

What reboot?
    When a franchise like Bat Man was dying, they reboot and it is alive.... with Batman Begins...

The best way to rebuild is to knock down all corrupted system, and restart...

When a franchise like Bat Man was dying, they reboot and it is alive.... with Batman Begins...

The best way to rebuild is to knock down all corrupted system, and restart...
    I think our system is incapable of reboot. It might crash due to external factors but that would take decades. All unofficial internal sources of power have been de-energized.

I think our system is incapable of reboot. It might crash due to external factors but that would take decades. All unofficial internal sources of power have been de-energized.
    All system have weaknesses, and failure possibility, and we never know when it will crash. But if that day come, we will have to pull through and rebuild Singapore... as we Singaporean will proudly build a Singapore we want and not by decree...

Simply put it this way... Any system will peak, then dies off.. it is history...

Eg. You cannot extract 500cc of blood if the host have only 300cc but you needed 1000cc.... system will fail..
    Last edited by Halfmoon; 2nd February 2014 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yutaka Go View Post
    All system have weaknesses, and failure possibility, and we never know when it will crash. But if that day come, we will have to pull through and rebuild Singapore... as we Singaporean will proudly build a Singapore we want and not by decree...

Simply put it this way... Any system will peak, then dies off.. it is history...

Eg. You cannot extract 500cc of blood if the host have only 300cc but you needed 1000cc.... system will fail..
    Sounds disastrous. If you are right then Yutaka is also right, it will be worse in 50 years time.

Deregistered

So true. There won't be new if there is no destruction.

But please make sure to do a clean reboot. Purge all undesirable things, including those thingy in white. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    So true. There won't be new if there is no destruction.

But please make sure to do a clean reboot. Purge all undesirable things, including those thingy in white. LOL
    The white thingy is called fungus. Safer for you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast