Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: 3:2 ratio for developing?

  1. #1

    Default 3:2 ratio for developing?

    I am thinking of getting a fuji s602, but after finding out that the image ratio size is in 4:3, and imagine taking 100+ pics u have to manually crop them into 3:2 to develop sounds absurd.
    Any way around this problem?

  2. #2

    Default

    You can always let a good lab do it for you, and just crop those for the photos you deem special enough for that "personal touch"

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Easiest, fuss-free, no-additional-work-needed way:
    1. Go to Colour Lab Photo Finishing at Adelphi.
    2. Ask for the "DI" size prints. Currently available only with glossy finish.
    3. You will then receive 4:3 prints without any trouble on your part.

    Regards
    CK

  4. #4

    Default

    Sorry to sound stupid, but i don't know where adelphi is..
    Whats the price for each image? handling fee?
    'DI' stand for digital image print? or isit like some other photo labs, fill in squeeze the photo into a 3:2 size photo and they cut of the top white portion for you away.
    Or you gus can also give me the website and i'll go check it out myself, no sweat!
    Thanks guys.

  5. #5

    Default

    Adobe can batch crop a bunch of pics.

  6. #6

    Default

    The problem is u have to crop manually, i tried manual cropping before, its not very efficient. first, the top portion is not always needed to be cropped, sometimes the picture require you to crop the bottom or the sides? so if u batch crop, and u set it to crop the top, some pics will be be cropped incorrectly. then the only way around it is to manually postion the crop square to crop the place u want, there, its very inconvenient.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Originally posted by mok
    Sorry to sound stupid, but i don't know where adelphi is..
    Whats the price for each image? handling fee?
    'DI' stand for digital image print? or isit like some other photo labs, fill in squeeze the photo into a 3:2 size photo and they cut of the top white portion for you away.
    Or you gus can also give me the website and i'll go check it out myself, no sweat!
    Thanks guys.
    Adelphi is the building opposite Funan Centre, linked by an overhead bridge.

    Charges are the same as the regular 4R prints, $0.50 with $5 handling fee. It's full frame print, no cropping, cutting done.

    Regards
    CK

  8. #8

    Default

    wow, 50 cents per piece..
    does standard photo have this service? standard photo charges 30 cents per piece right? anyone here know whats the latest pricing?

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Originally posted by mok
    wow, 50 cents per piece..
    does standard photo have this service? standard photo charges 30 cents per piece right? anyone here know whats the latest pricing?
    Standard Photo has "no standard", their quality is apparently inconsistent. After you've spent so much on your digital camera, an spent so much effort taking good photos, why scrimp on printing?

    Regards
    CK

  10. #10

    Default

    i live in the east you see... funan is a long way... so was thinking of tampines mall or century square nearby.. easier collection of photos.
    Why didnt i pass my TP..

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Originally posted by mok
    i live in the east you see... funan is a long way... so was thinking of tampines mall or century square nearby.. easier collection of photos.
    Why didnt i pass my TP..
    I see. Well, you can try the Photo Finish at Tampines Mall basement. They use a Fuji Frontier machine, should be quite okay (I didn't really try). Ask them to print the images to FIT the 4R (as opposed to FILL, which will crop). You will then end up with prints with 2 white borders at the left/right which you can cut yourself.

    From the comments about Standard, the print quality is far too inconsistent - sometimes good, sometimes bad, though they are cheap.

    Regards
    CK

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •