Thread: any recommendations on tablets?

Talking any recommendations on tablets?

hello,

i would like to buy a drawing tablet but i have no idea which brand etc etc is good. so i would like to get some advice from people who uses tablets . thank you. =)

Can't go wrong with the Wacom brand, Graphire series for the entry-level, Intuos for the professional.

Or if not, go for the cheaper brands like Genius; currently using one and it's not bad too, just that it doesn't have the "brand factor" and ergonomics-wise not as good as Wacom's.

thanks a million!

saw other generic brands from taiwan selling at the PK? can't rem shopname.. at West Mall.. only one..
    i wonder just for the software is it better to get a chinese writer one?
    cos u prob have photoshop before you want to buy a tablet..
    who uses painter here?

Just a point to note when you buy some cheap unknown brand of tablet. Always backup your driver disk... once lost.... you may never find it online..... Anyways, advantage of wacom tablets is that lots of people got it work on linux... not that it matters for you....

Summagraphics are the ones I use.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

Quote Originally Posted by dilys
    hello,

i would like to buy a drawing tablet but i have no idea which brand etc etc is good. so i would like to get some advice from people who uses tablets . thank you. =)
    U want my Wacom Graphire 2 tablet? Good for basic stuff. Beatup, but still works well. I planning to get a better mouse instead. One of those wired new-fangled 'laser mouse' that boasts a higher point of precision so I no nit to squint and squint.

Nothing of anything provided. Just tablet, pen. If u can pay me $60. Its all urs.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."