Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: $500 fine for boarding a full MRT

Default Re: $500 fine for boarding a full MRT

Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post
    Even the eating on train, once my whole family was eating bento dinner on a Japanese train without causing any mess or problem.
    On a commuter train? Or long distance rail?

Someone bothered to write to the Straits Times about this in today's paper.

http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/...rules-20140129

Even the eating on train, once my whole family was eating bento dinner on a Japanese train without causing any mess or problem. Does draconian and ridiculous rules make Singapore a better society?
    http://therealsingapore.com/content/...t-offenses-mrt
    Do we have to copy other countries' rules and regulations?

Even the eating on train, once my whole family was eating bento dinner on a Japanese train without causing any mess or problem. Does draconian and ridiculous rules make Singapore a better society?
    http://therealsingapore.com/content/...t-offenses-mrt

1st Off... anything from TRS, I'll take it with a lorry full of salt.

2nd... if that person is on a long distance train ride... not only can you eat, they'll even sell food and drinks to you... like in Taiwan...

Scuba & Father... For Life

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    1st Off... anything from TRS, I'll take it with a lorry full of salt.

2nd... if that person is on a long distance train ride... not only can you eat, they'll even sell food and drinks to you... like in Taiwan...
    1st Off ... it is not just TRS, it is everywhere
    http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking...eview-20140125
    http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapo...s-under-review

2nd ... it would be great if MRT can also sell food and drinks. And there are no rules to prohibit eating and drinking in some city subways (short distance) like London and Tokyo.

2nd ... it would be great if MRT can also sell food and drinks. And there are no rules to prohibit eating and drinking in some city subways (short distance) like London and Tokyo.

1) I meant the story sent to TRS.... not the rules under review thingy...

2) Sorry... even without allowing ppl to eat... the Trains are getting worst and worst in regard to cleanliness... not supporting the idea of "Lets eat"...

Scuba & Father... For Life

It is not any rule in particular but as a country we have too many rules and fines.

well, Straits Times is reporting it as it is.

TRS is putting unnecessary commentary into the article, and is thoroughly biased and written to skew public opinion negatively.

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    well, Straits Times is reporting it as it is.

TRS is putting unnecessary commentary into the article, and is thoroughly biased and written to skew public opinion negatively.
    I actually didn't read the TRS report in full, but now that you mention it, I actually find the TRS report to be better and even more to the point.

Shouldn't it be the other way round? $500 for ppl who still can board that overloaded train.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

Imposition of the fine without warning aside, I find the logic that "no label means free for all" a bit odd. After all, I think most of us would have been taught that if property belongs to somebody else, it is at the very least, polite to ask for permission before use.

If you happen to have a flower pot placed along the corridor, and people use it as an ashtray, would you be happy to accept the argument that there were no warnings or labels that the flower pot could not be used as an ashtray? If that is the case, it would be a very painful world where all flower pots placed in public sight would have to come with a long list of things that people can't do to them (e.g. use as spittoon, use as paperweight)...

Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    Shouldn't it be the other way round? $500 for ppl who still can board that overloaded train.
    ha ha, at least those who can get onboard after train is full should get free ride like in India.

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    Imposition of the fine without warning aside, I find the logic that "no label means free for all" a bit odd. After all, I think most of us would have been taught that if property belongs to somebody else, it is at the very least, polite to ask for permission before use.

If you happen to have a flower pot placed along the corridor, and people use it as an ashtray, would you be happy to accept the argument that there were no warnings or labels that the flower pot could not be used as an ashtray? If that is the case, it would be a very painful world where all flower pots placed in public sight would have to come with a long list of things that people can't do to them (e.g. use as spittoon, use as paperweight)...
    You're a little out of point. power supply mean for electrical appliances such as charger, flower pot for ash tray poor example
    Last edited by philip113; 29th January 2014 at 02:59 PM.

I actually didn't read the TRS report in full, but now that you mention it, I actually find the TRS report to be better and even more to the point.

If this is true , I find this very sad and unnecessary , a rather high handed method and maybe SMRT own doing. Don't think the higher up agreed on this

Quote Originally Posted by philip113 View Post
    You're a little out of point. power supply mean for electrical appliances such as charger, flower pot for ash tray poor example
    It is just an analogy focused on the concept of having labels to indicate "not for use", rather than whether the property in question is high-tech, low-tech, for electrical appliances or for throwing ashes.

Apologise if the logic seemed a little far-fetched for you.

If this is true , I find this very sad and unnecessary , a rather high handed method and maybe SMRT own doing. Don't think the higher up agreed on this
    Hope my daughter will not end up in court one day for charging her handphone at the wrong place.

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    It is just an analogy focused on the concept of having labels to indicate "not for use", rather than whether the property in question is high-tech, low-tech, for electrical appliances or for throwing ashes.

Apologise if the logic seemed a little far-fetched for you.
    Thanks and no need to apologise as this is kopitiam

If someone has superior logic you would not be able to out-logic them. Let them have their say.

If someone has superior logic you would not be able to out-logic them. Let them have their say.
    Not that bad is ok to agreed to disagreed as this is another beauty of Kopitiam.
    Everyone got different view and the synergy level is very hight , is good for everyone.
    Because everyone concern here so opinion very intense and sometimes aggressive but of good course

Not that bad is ok to agreed to disagreed as this is another beauty of Kopitiam.
    Everyone got different view and the synergy level is very hight , is good for everyone.
    Because everyone concern here so opinion very intense and sometimes aggressive but of good course
    I am happy for you.

For example , Kei1309 has very much different view then most of us, very resourceful and strict , the opposite of Kei1309 is manwearpant very witty and quick, so they contribute to Kopitiam temperature.
    Sion another kitten was the kopitiam lubricant , always jovial , cheerful helps to lower temperature.
    DiverHoc very pragmatic and helpful. you An Drew also contribute your view and always logically entanglement with edutilos the logically sound man, All are Singaporean and all are concern citizen and this is koptaim

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast