Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bugs

Default Re: Bugs

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    ... in USA (again,where the documentary was from) the bed bugs has grown resistance to insecticide used by pest control....
    I have read reports that even 5th Ave hotels in NYC have problems with bed bugs. For the bugs we are all equal
    EOS

Saw on a few documentary... the only way to kill bed bugs is by HEAT... The whole house or room will have to be heated up to 40 something degree for a few hour... this to ensure both bugs and its eggs are destroyed...
    Yup. So the most practical way for lay man like us is to use a steam cleaner and steam clean our stuff, from clothes to the luggage.

The steam cleaner temperature is 100 degrees.

There are many portable steam cleaners selling in the market.

While what you said is correct... that means changing everything in the room/house from Wood to Metal......
    What if the floor is hard HDF baseboard and is laminated with real wood. Can bed bugs infest the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    What if the floor is hard HDF baseboard and is laminated with real wood. Can bed bugs infest the floor.

I work for SMRT... not Pest Control company....what I saw on NGC I tell here... may or may not work for us. But the idea that blood sucking bugs living on the very bed you slept on... creep me out...

Scuba & Father... For Life

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Bed bugs are sensitive to light, that is why they came out only when you switch off the light.

If there are small gap in the wooden floor for them to hide from the light. They can infest in there.

I didn't change my wooden cupboard, I spray insecticide into the small gaps and killed them all.
    I eats, shoots & leaves

My tip is to make a perimeter around your bed by ant chalk, of course you have to make sure your bed/mattress are free from bed bugs.
    That way you can hunt the bugs at daytime, and won't be bothered by it when you sleep.

My house got some old wood furniture which I took over from my parent house when they sold their house. Even the mover also says it's good kind of wood (teak?) and I hopes no bed bugs (or termites) in my house after I return from any trips. I always try to keep my house bugs free, lizard and spider ok.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by homerlikephoto View Post
    The best way to get rid of bed bugs is to spray bed bug spray on your staff and then leave your stuff in a seal bag (zip lock) for a few weeks.
    I don't think that your staff will like being sprayed with bug spray

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    Unless the staff is not functioning anymore

Quote Originally Posted by homerlikephoto View Post
    The best way to get rid of bed bugs is to spray bed bug spray on your staff [...]
    In that case, best you see a doc and refrain from using it on other people
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    If your staff is bugging you for a raise, you can use the spray
    I eats, shoots & leaves

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12