Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bugs

Default Bugs

After coming back from overseas, will you spray insecticide on your bag to get rid of bugs that might in it? Not to mention bugs that might eat into your flesh, heh heh!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Default Re: Bugs

I worry about bed bugs... you could almost never get rid of them once the infection got serious...

Scuba & Father... For Life

I'm worried. What I do is I leave the suitcases to sun for a few days at the balcony area. Once bed bugs are in , game over.

Just recently, it was a nightmare when I returned from Nepal, call me paranoid but I sent everything that could go to the laundry in not once bit twice. Once in Nepal and once back here.

The best way to get rid of bed bugs is to spray bed bug spray on your staff and then leave your stuff in a seal bag (zip lock) for a few weeks.

NO amount of sunlight would help to get rid of bed bugs as these little pest moves very fast and you are just forcing them to migrate into your house (from your balcony)

Quote Originally Posted by keithwee View Post
    I'm worried. What I do is I leave the suitcases to sun for a few days at the balcony area. Once bed bugs are in , game over.

Just recently, it was a nightmare when I returned from Nepal, call me paranoid but I sent everything that could go to the laundry in not once bit twice. Once in Nepal and once back here.

Saw on a few documentary... the only way to kill bed bugs is by HEAT... The whole house or room will have to be heated up to 40 something degree for a few hour... this to ensure both bugs and its eggs are destroyed...

As most of us going for budget hotels, chances of bed bugs are high. If kenna from high class hotel, got case to fight? I so far didnt encounter any, not sure in the future. (Fingers cross)

Botfly, also dangerous. Those going to Mexico countries, better beware. Watched those documentaries, must cover up the hole, let the larva tail appears, uses pincer to remove it.

Need to get more knowledge on bugs once we are going oversea. Esp we like to take photos, got bugs back with us also not surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Need to get more knowledge on bugs once we are going oversea. Esp we like to take photos, got bugs back with us also not surprise.
    What about if this comes back with you?

As long my camera is back with me, I dont care got pretty woman or not. Only suits u, I suppose. Heh heh!

As long my camera is back with me, I dont care got pretty woman or not. Only suits u, I suppose. Heh heh!
    You can have her as I've already have 3 wives.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post

You can have her as I've already have 3 wives.
    I more than 3. Ha ha!

I more than 3. Ha ha!
    EOS-1DX, EOS 5D Mark III and EOS 7D?

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Saw on a few documentary... the only way to kill bed bugs is by HEAT... The whole house or room will have to be heated up to 40 something degree for a few hour... this to ensure both bugs and its eggs are destroyed...
    Sounds dangerous

EOS-1DX, EOS 5D Mark III and EOS 7D?
    Nope. My hobbies > 3. So, every one is my wife/mistress, haha!

TS raised a good point.
    Would the hard polycarbonate casing type be preferable to the fabric type of luggage, to prevent bug infestation?
    But provided you close tightly once unpacked. And if your clothes hung in hotel wardrobe are infested, once you pack them into luggage, then the cloth interior of luggage gets infested too.
    What about your camera bag that is placed in the room?

Is there a chemical pouch that you can buy and unzip in your luggage to prevent bug infestation?

I used to see Fumakilla powder being sold in SG. But cannot find lately.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 25th January 2014 at 10:43 PM.

Cause I going oversea this year, 10 countries in a go (Got to place luggage bag into locker at some places) and hopes not to collect all bugs, haha! See any good prevention that some of your might have and share. But I might put some medical oil inside the luggage to prevent the bugs from getting in? Maybe help but my clothing also will be having that smell, haha!

WOW

This is a very big bed bug, you need to upgrade your bed to larger size
    I eats, shoots & leaves

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Don't need lah.

I have experiences with bed bugs many years ago when my neighbor rent his flat to large group of FW.

You just need to change mattress and change your bed from wooded frame to metal frame bed.
    I eats, shoots & leaves

There may be crabs attached to such creatures of desires. Better not to have anything follow you home.

Cause I going oversea this year, 10 countries in a go (Got to place luggage bag into locker at some places) and hopes not to collect all bugs, haha! See any good prevention that some of your might have and share. But I might put some medical oil inside the luggage to prevent the bugs from getting in? Maybe help but my clothing also will be having that smell, haha!
    Spray insect repellent regularly on your bags?

Quote Originally Posted by Yutaka Go View Post
    Don't need lah.

I have experiences with bed bugs many years ago when my neighbor rent his flat to large group of FW.

You just need to change mattress and change your bed from wooded frame to metal frame bed.

While what you said is correct... that means changing everything in the room/house from Wood to Metal... possible with us, not so much for AngMor (where the documentary was from) where the whole room/house is Wood... and since bed bugs don't just stay at the bed... the only way to be sure you could rid all of them is to 'Cook' them bugs... in USA (again,where the documentary was from) the bed bugs has grown resistance to insecticide used by pest control....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast