Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photography Interest Group

Default Photography Interest Group

Hi all,

We are exploring the idea of setting up an interest group related to photography.

You can be a photographer, DI expert, web or graphic designer or anyone with expertise that can relate to the field of photography.

We have a studio (located at chinatown and near chinatown mrt) with the necessary facilities that can be used as a meeting place.

If you are interested, please feel free to drop us an email or open a discussion here. We welcome ideas! Thanks.

Great idea! I am quite keen with the idea of setting up an interest group. But what are you all looking at? Just weekly gatherings to have discussions or a one-stop centre/support group for photography-related people? Guess you got to make clear of the objectives of setting up the group.

Yea, the idea seems nice

I'm in .......

May be for a start, we can have some kind of theme, and later comment on each other photos.

But since the starter has a studio, may be he has better ideas..

We do not really have concrete ideas at the moment. But the group must have some objectives and goals and will be involved with photography activities and projects. The core members will have different talents so that we can be more flexible. Any more ideas?

I dun understand why this tread is in Consumer Corner. This Sub-Forums is mainly used for helping and seeking Consumer related issue. And forming a Interest group def do not fall into that. Unless you telling mi that you are setting this group up for comercial purposes.

As such I will be moving it to Kopitiam.

Thanks for pointing out. However, the group can be involved with profitable and non profitable activities and projects.

Digitalwire
    Guests

can newbie join?

We welcome anybody who are good with certain skills. Just let us know. For a start, we could be involved with photoshoots and workshops.

Quote Originally Posted by xen0275
    We welcome anybody who are good with certain skills. Just let us know. For a start, we could be involved with photoshoots and workshops.
    Not sure if you call this "..good with certain skills.", but do like street photography. Hope to try something new like protraits, abstract photography etc..

Childrens’ Imaginations
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...t=imaginations

Life is Tough
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...ighlight=tough

Singapore Street Festival
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...light=festival

Great idea! Its a way for us to share and improve and interact!

Me also want to join for the gathering to share for the discussion.So when and where is the meeting place, what time is the disscussion.

sounds great. i would like to see some interest groups in
    1. digital bw
    2. non profit photojournalism
    i would like to participate if the above is available.

cheers

For a start, how about a name change? A group with initials P.I.G. may not sound nice.

Nothing is really firm yet cos we need to see if we can get the right poeple. Therefore, the name P.I.G is just for reference.

Keep your ideas coming in!

I thought clubsnap is already the interest grp for photorgraphy??

Mmm.. wad r u all planning?? I'm interested.. but I only newbie.. not sure can help anything or not...

Yes clubsnap is a virtual interest group. My idea is to have a group that has a proper location for meeting, planning and activities. The group will have some objectives and goals and we can just grow from there. Those who are interested please pm me so that we can arrange for a meeting soon.

Quote Originally Posted by xen0275
    Yes clubsnap is a virtual interest group. My idea is to have a group that has a proper location for meeting, planning and activities. The group will have some objectives and goals and we can just grow from there. Those who are interested please pm me so that we can arrange for a meeting soon.
    Hee.. okie.. lemme noe.. I try to help if I can... but i'm not really good in photography...

I am interested as well..a newbie interested in travel and street photography..will be keen to cover events for charity as well..so if theres room for such, let me know..
    Some of my pics can be found at http://novello76.smugmug.com/

It's a great idea for the group to be able to do some charity shoot. We can offer our services to charitable organisations!

Offspring: Can define what is non profit photojournalism?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast