Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Singapore workers unhappiest in the region??

Default Re: Singapore workers unhappiest in the region??

Since thread is about workers being unhappy, this may be OT.

Yesterday I witnessed a male Chinese bus commuter shouting abuse at a bus driver because the latter could not turn in fast enough due to heavy traffic at Clementi Mall bus stop.

Just this evening a middle aged Chinese lady shouted abuse non-stop for 3 minutes at an elderly (about 70 or 80 years old) female table cleaner, at Maxwell Food Centre near to the Teochew Rice and Porridge stall. After that the lady muttered to herself for a long time while sitting at the table.

Guess some folks in this society are going bonkers or they may have some unhappiness which needs an outlet.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 25th January 2014 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Guess some folks in this society are going bonkers or they may have some unhappiness which needs an outlet.
    Its true in EVERY society, the bonkers is that Sg is so small that we see them often.

Yesterday I witnessed a male Chinese bus commuter shouting abuse at a bus driver because the latter could not turn in fast enough due to heavy traffic at Clementi Mall bus stop.

Just this evening a middle aged Chinese lady shouted abuse non-stop for 3 minutes at an elderly (about 70 or 80 years old) female table cleaner, at Maxwell Food Centre near to the Teochew Rice and Porridge stall. After that the lady muttered to herself for a long time while sitting at the table.

Stressers built up in them... things like work, family, money, relationship pressure... so they have to let it go, and just a little trigger, and they all get fired up and fire all out... what you see could be their 10% side and they can be usually very nice people...

Could be CNY preparation and got all uptight.... and time is not enough??

If they bottle it up, it would be worse for them.... but after doing what they did, they could also felt remorseful....

But if you are seeing it more often, then, it could be the stress level getting higher...
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

Many workers in SG are feeling unappreciated

They get scolding even if they work hard

There is an uncle working at the coffee shop near my home, he only serve one customer at a time while his co-worker try to serve as many customers as possible. Every time his co-worker went to the customers, they always carry a tray full of coffee and tea. But this uncle only carry one cup of coffee/tea. One day, I over heard him talking to his friend. He said his pay is only $800 and there are no rewards to work harder.

Many companies do not reward workers for working hard and gov need to force these companies to increase wages.

That is why productivities and services doesn't improve
    I eats, shoots & leaves

Now this guy gets punished for speaking his mind. Another unhappy unemployed worker.

I have read the UK public on-line reactions when the matter was reported in UK newspapers and media websites.
    Almost all of the UK public responses condemn what he did. Some feel that his remarks also insult the UK public travelling in the London Tube.
    They are angry that he behaved this way and call him a "banksta" (a term in UK that refers to bankers as financial gangsters after the UK banking problems).

Anyway, it looks like Anton Casey is a wannabee tycoon.
    His Sentosa Cove residence may be rented (not sure if he bought it) courtesy of generous expat housing allowances by Crossinvest.
    He drives a Porsche.

In SG there are real tycoons with much bigger net worth than Anton Casey. And they do not behave this way. So I guess the good life just got to his head and he thinks he has "arrived".

He flew economy class SQ to Perth, not on his own private jet (which a real tycoon may have).
    Because after being terminated by Crossinvest, the company is no longer paying for his airline tickets. Now Anton Casey has to pay out of his own pocket for the air tickets and he chooses not to fly first class.
    So much for the one who calls MRT commuters poor.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 26th January 2014 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post
    Now this guy gets punished for speaking his mind. Another unhappy unemployed worker.
    He is a snob - a person with an exaggerated respect for high social position or wealth who seeks to associate with social superiors and looks down on those regarded as socially inferior.

Don't need to feel sorry for him

When he leave, many workers in SG will become more happy
    I eats, shoots & leaves

I think this issue has been politicized. There are many snobs and ass****s around, we don't need to get so upset.
    It seems like this guy had inadvertently hit the nails on the head and touched on sensitivities and our policies on COE, transport, wage distribution, foreign labour, GDP growth, cramp public spaces, etc.
    Last edited by An drew; 26th January 2014 at 11:08 AM.

He flew economy class SQ to Perth, not on his own private jet (which a real tycoon may have).
    Because after being terminated by Crossinvest, the company is no longer paying for his airline tickets. Now Anton Casey has to pay out of his own pocket for the air tickets and he chooses not to fly first class.
    Now he'll compalin about the smell in economy class.

I think he may be in Perth for a holiday to wait for the stench he created to die down before coming back to Singapore a changed man to do community services e.g. washing longkang.
    Last edited by Sion; 27th January 2014 at 07:10 AM.

Deregistered

I think he should be doing community work in old folks home, disabled, and other needy organisations to grow up.

So sad that we have "welcomed" such expats to downgrade Singaporeans, who are the citizens born and grew up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Now he'll compalin about the smell in economy class.

I think he may be in Perth for a holiday to wait for the stench he created to die down before coming back to Singapore a changed man to do community services e.g. washing longkang.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenC View Post
    So sad that we have "welcomed" such expats to downgrade Singaporeans, who are the citizens born and grew up here.
    He has downgraded (and ashamed) himself, only.
    EOS

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345