Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Singapore workers unhappiest in the region??

Default Re: Singapore workers unhappiest in the region??

Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    Were your wife here in 1997?

My first time in SG is in 1997. It was heaven. Felt that this is the kind of country I'd die fighting for.

Now, I'm just so angry that SG 1997 heaven has deteriorated so far.

Circa 1997, as a tourist, I read every signage everywhere. There was a signage in Bugis Station something like: Train punctuality, train MTBF (Mean Time Before Fail), Number of Passenger serviced, hours breakdown annually, etc... All those data are 90% above, nearing perfection.

Now? If they put up that old signage with current data, see if those angry SG-ers who were born here are justified to be angry.
    Don't mention about 1997.

In 1997 my pay could afford to have 3 mistresses from Vietnam.

This is 2014 I can't get any Vietnamese woman to come anymore as life there is better.

Were your wife here in 1997?

My first time in SG is in 1997. It was heaven. Felt that this is the kind of country I'd die fighting for.

Now, I'm just so angry that SG 1997 heaven has deteriorated so far.

Circa 1997, as a tourist, I read every signage everywhere. There was a signage in Bugis Station something like: Train punctuality, train MTBF (Mean Time Before Fail), Number of Passenger serviced, hours breakdown annually, etc... All those data are 90% above, nearing perfection.

Now? If they put up that old signage with current data, see if those angry SG-ers who were born here are justified to be angry.

花无百日红... 人无百日好

Beside... like another ClubSNAPer had already said... MRT doesn't represent the whole of S'pore... you feel angry... ok thats you. My 'Heaven' isn't just based on MRT or FW/FT...

Scuba & Father... For Life

Few people are happy ALL of the time. Maybe some of those are in IMH.
    For normal people: Some times we are happy. Some times not. Most times just neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    花无百日红... 人无百日好

Beside... like another ClubSNAPer had already said... MRT doesn't represent the whole of S'pore... you feel angry... ok thats you. My 'Heaven' isn't just based on MRT or FW/FT...
    Don't know in the days without MRT were Singaporeans happier then going by buses and taxis?

花无百日红... 人无百日好
    Only in Orchard Towers 野花百日红.....

花无百日红... 人无百日好

MRT is just one of few. If I were to write all about it, I'd be monopolizing whole thread.

If you take bus in olden days, try cut queue and push around. See if the bus uncle let you board.

Let's not go into their driving style too, where they apologize just for stepping on the brake a bit too hard. Basically they had their pride in what they do.

NTUC for example. At that time prices are guaranteed lowest. As my true blue Singaporean uncle proudly put it, it's to help the heartlanders to cope with their daily necessities.
    Last edited by Foxshade; 24th January 2014 at 08:02 PM.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post

Only in Orchard Towers 野花百日红.....
    the day and night scenes were completely different..

MRT is just one of few. If I were to write all about it, I'd be monopolizing whole thread.
    If you take bus in olden days, [...]
    [...]it's to help the heartlanders to cope with their daily necessities.
    And you really believe that a supermarket is a charity?

Accept certain inalienable truths
    Prices will rise, politicians will philander, you, too, will get old
    And when you do, you'll fantasize that when you were young
    Prices were reasonable, politicians were noble
    And children respected their elders
    "Sunscreen" / "Advice, like youth, probably just wasted on the young"
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Of course not, that kind of business model won't last long, unfortunately...
    Some companies grow big by helping their customer, but the time is changing

If you take bus in olden days, try cut queue and push around. See if the bus uncle let you board.

Let's not go into their driving style too, where they apologize just for stepping on the brake a bit too hard. Basically they had their pride in what they do.

NTUC for example. At that time prices are guaranteed lowest. As my true blue Singaporean uncle proudly put it, it's to help the heartlanders to cope with their daily necessities.

Personally... I blame 'Human/Individual Rights' for your Bus and Bad Driving issue... last time bus uncle scold you... you dare not talk back... now bus uncle even as much as look at you abit too long... STOMP complain non stop and 'demanding' someone apologize to you...

Last time driving is not as demanding too... Now, Bus must be on time or S'porean complain... late, S'porean complain... brake hard, S'porean complain... last minute flag bus and can't stop on time, S'porean complain... stare or 'advice' someone not to jump queue, Queue Jumper complain Bus Captain rude... Bus Captain didn't stop queue jumper, S'porean complain...

Everytime fare price goes up... civility goes down... everyone behaves as if since they are made to pay more... they should now have the rights to complain more and demand more... every little thing must nick-pick because if I'm paying 6 cents more... I'll make sure I'm getting back 12 cents more...

My own example...

Last time I used to stop passengers from eating or drinking inside the train or station... then one time a passenger kick up a fuss about me being rude to him even when all I've said is "please don't eat inside the station"... and since its my words against his words... there is nothing I could show in my defence. My management decided that since ''Customer is always right" and "Lets not find extra trouble and do extra paperwork"... I'm told to 'let it go'... since then, I don't bother to stop anyone eating/drinking anymore... a Shouting/STOMP-ing/Complaining passenger could make my day Hell even when I'm right...
    Last edited by diver-hloc; 24th January 2014 at 10:15 PM.

Personally... I blame 'Human/Individual Rights' for your Bus and Bad Driving issue... last time bus uncle scold you... you dare not talk back... now bus uncle even as much as look at you abit too long... STOMP complain non stop and 'demanding' someone apologize to you...

Last time driving is not as demanding too... Now, Bus must be on time or S'porean complain... late, S'porean complain... brake hard, S'porean complain... last minute flag bus and can't stop on time, S'porean complain... stare or 'advice' someone not to jump queue, Queue Jumper complain Bus Captain rude... Bus Captain didn't stop queue jumper, S'porean complain...

Everytime fare price goes up... civility goes down... everyone behaves as if since they are made to pay more... they should now have the rights to complain more and demand more... every little thing must nick-pick because if I'm paying 6 cents more... I'll make sure I'm getting back 12 cents more...
    Why can't we have a ministry of complaints headed by a minister to address all complaints?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Why can't we have a ministry of complaints headed by a minister to address all complaints?
    Not a ministry. But was assimilated into MCI. So there is a Minister in charge.
    Formerly called Feedback Unit.
    Now changed name. REACH.

www.reach.gov.sg

My own example...

Last time I used to stop passengers from eating or drinking inside the train or station... then one time a passenger kick up a fuss about me being rude to him even when all I've said is "please don't eat inside the station"... and since its my words against his words... there is nothing I could show in my defence. My management decided that since ''Customer is always right" and "Lets not find extra trouble and do extra paperwork"... I'm told to 'let it go'... since then, I don't bother to stop anyone eating/drinking anymore... a Shouting/STOMP-ing/Complaining passenger could make my day Hell even when I'm right...
    I think the issue is not so much the issue of rights, but rather Singaporeans have become quite full of themselves over the last 20 years.

My own example...

No reward for doing the right things at all man....
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

Quote Originally Posted by NazgulKing View Post
    I think the issue is not so much the issue of rights, but rather Singaporeans have become quite full of themselves over the last 20 years.
    If you don't mind me to put it in a perspective....

Look at those leaders of SG....

LKY... he have pride, and proud of Singapore and being a Singaporean....

Singaporean lived with pride and am proud of being a Singaporean....

Years later....

Then... leaders of Singapore demand to be paid more so that their salary is at par with market rate...

Leaders are scholars, did well academically, and they now earn more money, and in government as ministers... could it be money and power and status that erode the pride of serving their nation???

From the speech.... can you detect ego, proud, arrogance.....

The focus shifted to "SELF".... instead of Singapore, and proud to be Singaporean...

It is me, me, me and me.... I have money, I have status, power, etc.... I demand this and that.....

Worthy or not is another question???

It is usually how culture is spread... from the top.... to the bottom, and why Singaporean become so full of themselves? They learned from their leaders...

Of course, this do not apply to all, as those who have proper upbringing will not be like this.It is those who are influenced by media who will behave like them....
    Last edited by Halfmoon; 25th January 2014 at 02:51 AM.
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

Quote Originally Posted by NazgulKing View Post
    We have become so full of ourselves because some of us have become Kings of Nazgul.
    Last edited by Sion; 25th January 2014 at 03:24 AM.

My own example...

Exactly. Last time everyone was so gracious. You tell them, they'll apologize. Now, they'll scold u back and look for fight.

That's one of the thing I'm not happy about too.

It's a steep learning curve for me to just let go after falling head over heel for this country.
    Last edited by Foxshade; 25th January 2014 at 06:37 PM.
    ~Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    No, but I believe NTUC enterprises have the following objectives:
    to help stabilise prices of basic commodities and services
    to strengthen and protect the purchasing power of workers
    to allow union leaders to gain management experience, and to understand the problems faced by management, thus helping to promote better labour-management relations
    Last edited by Foxshade; 25th January 2014 at 06:48 PM.
    ~Ansel Adams

Exactly. Last time everyone was so gracious. You tell them, they'll apologize. Now, they'll scold u back and look for fight.

That's one of the thing I'm not happy about too.

It's a steep learning curve for me to just let go after falling head over heel for this country.

Time have change already... respect for elderly or authorities are no longer the same... its a me me me society now... youngster happy happy tell you its their 'Rights' to do this or that... so, what to do.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast