Thread: New Notebook Asus N Series Question

Default New Notebook Asus N Series Question

Hi All, Hope im asking this is the right Section.

I Just bought a Asus Laptop and the specs off my mind right now is as follows:

i7 4700HQ
    8GB Ram
    Nvidia 750m 2gb
    1TB Harddisk
    Windows 8 with Touch Screen.

OK my question is when i install lightroom and some add ons, the switiching to and fro takes a very long time.

Add on being Nik software suite, i would like to know if there is someone with roughly the same spec of laptop facing this?

When i mentioned slow, i mean in the sense of mins for the picture to appear for editing in the nik software of my choice.

Thanks in advance

Default Re: New Notebook Asus N Series Question

Others have reported issues with Nik software and Photoshop crashing. Try disabling this and see how it works.
    EOS

Can you try to turn off your firewall and see if the loading times improve.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Prey tell us, how would a firewall be involved into the switching between applications?
    Please, if you want to give advice have at least an idea what you are talking about.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    A firewall won't cause loading time issues. There should be some version incompatibility issues between your nik and photoshop.
    ==================================================
    Canon 5DMK3 |Fujifilm X-E2, X-T1|

Quote Originally Posted by conkeychua View Post

i7 4700HQ
    8GB Ram
    Nvidia 750m 2gb
    1TB Harddisk

OK my question is when i install lightroom and some add ons, the switiching to and fro takes a very long time.

Add on being Nik software suite, i would like to know if there is someone with roughly the same spec of laptop facing this?

When i mentioned slow, i mean in the sense of mins for the picture to appear for editing in the nik software of my choice.

Thanks in advance
    Actually I'm using something similar except 16gb Ram and 4gb video card... If u tried to open a couple of big files. I do get the lag as well so it's pretty normal.
    ==================================================
    Canon 5DMK3 |Fujifilm X-E2, X-T1|

Quote Originally Posted by conkeychua View Post

i7 4700HQ
    8GB Ram
    Nvidia 750m 2gb
    1TB Harddisk

Thanks in advance
    (1) The notebook can be running on either the Intel or the Nvidia graphics processor. You need to manage and have LR and Nik to use Nvidia.
    (2) You may also want to reinstall the plugin and ensure that you have selected the 64-bit version of Nik by following the steps listed below
    https://support.google.com/nikcollec.../3002259?hl=en

Just curious what features in Nik do you use that cannot already be done competently in LR5?
    Last edited by ManWearPants; 11th February 2014 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    There are likely to be a few reasons:

(1) The notebook can be running on either the Intel or the Nvidia graphics processor. You need to manage and have LR and Nik to use Nvidia.
    (2) Disable the addons to see if LR is still having difficulty switching between Library and Develop.
    (3) Maybe your LR catalog is messed up. Try creating a new LR catalog and see if having a new and clean catalog has the same delay.
    0) Remove / De-install / deactivate all kinds of add-on software that came pre-installed with the notebook, especially those 'helpers' that start at boot time. Strip down whatever is not needed. I have seen printer support software grabbing more resources than an office program.
    EOS