Thread: dual monitors

Default dual monitors

hi guys, anyone here has a dual monitor setup?
    either for games or for graphic work? ive got an old complete PC (only hardisk is unusable) thinking of optimizing both PCs together anyway i can.
    currently using a GeForce4 MX 440 for main PC. i think the other card should be either the same card or something abit lower down the line. i have not opened up the old PC which belongs to my bro actually.

any advice so far? speaking from experience perhaps? have googled and got some good instruction websites.

thanks
    give me a pen, and i'll give you my signature

You need special dual head graphic card in pre Win98 era....nowaday you can just use two graphic card to achieve that....but one of it has to be PCI....

And again, a lot of high end graphic card comes with dual head output now, to give you single card dual head output....some specialized card can even have 4, 8 or 16 output simultanously

I use to run dual screen in my workdesk, because I do a lot of monitoring and administration work, multi screen gives me more gui real estate....but lately my PC has been upgraded to a SFF and it only accepts low profile graphic card...so no more dual screen for me for the time being

As for games, unless your games if written to run in multiscreen, most of the game will disable the secondary screen so don't think that you can see more even if you have 2 monitor

Quote Originally Posted by incubus
    hi guys, anyone here has a dual monitor setup?
    either for games or for graphic work? ive got an old complete PC (only hardisk is unusable) thinking of optimizing both PCs together anyway i can.
    currently using a GeForce4 MX 440 for main PC. i think the other card should be either the same card or something abit lower down the line. i have not opened up the old PC which belongs to my bro actually.

any advice so far? speaking from experience perhaps? have googled and got some good instruction websites.

thanks
    i have done it using a ATI Radeon dual head, forgot which model it is but i sold it away already. Really nifty when ur using aftereffects or director. Do get a UV Filter for both ur monitors though cuz ur eyes will hurt after a long time hahaha. However didnt really use it for playing games.

thanks for the replies guys. i juz took apart the old pc and took watever i can salvage. found out dat my old graphics card is a Geforce2 Mx-400/64 (its wat written on the card anyway) Im using a GeForce4 MX 440 for main PC. do u guys foresee a possible problem? i know its hard to tell rite now but any help is very much appreciated
    give me a pen, and i'll give you my signature

Quote Originally Posted by incubus
    thanks for the replies guys. i juz took apart the old pc and took watever i can salvage. found out dat my old graphics card is a Geforce2 Mx-400/64 (its wat written on the card anyway) Im using a GeForce4 MX 440 for main PC. do u guys foresee a possible problem? i know its hard to tell rite now but any help is very much appreciated
    Like what Big Kahuna said. your Geforce2 card needs to be a PCI card. If it is AGP, which it most likely would be, you are out of luck as you will only have one AGP slot.