Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: cannot attach images

  1. #1

    Default cannot attach images

    why cant i attach images in this section

  2. #2
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: cannot attach images

    Quote Originally Posted by bijuphotography View Post
    why cant i attach images in this section
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    Update on new editing interface and how to link in images.


    Click on the icon highlighted to bring up the Advanced Image Editor dialog box:-


    1. Click on the tab From URL
    2. Enter the full URL (eg. http:// gallery.clubsnap.com/date/xxx/yyy.jpg)
    3. Make sure the checkbox is NOT ticked.
    4. Click OK



    There is a shorter/quicker way to insert images and that is to use the IMAGE BBCODE. Enter your URL between the IMAGE BBCODE as follows:-

    [_IMG]]http: //your.imageurl.com/here[_/IMG] (omit the _ character in actual use)
    I suggest you post test threads in Garbage & Testing section before you post in Gallery section.


    Thread moved.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    347

    Default Re: cannot attach images

    catchlights,

    You may explained a thousand times.
    How come I cannot have the photo appeared?
    Only just the link.

    I have tried both the full link and without "http//"
    I have make sure the box was not checked
    I have tried from Flickr & Imgur
    All combinations failed.

    The positive thing, I have learnt the Garbage & Testing Forum and tried there first before embarrassing myself.

    I suppose to post a photo in the Nature Section to show ?Uncle Fai.

    Thank You
    EisMann

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,614

    Default Re: cannot attach images

    Quote Originally Posted by EisMann View Post
    catchlights,

    You may explained a thousand times.
    How come I cannot have the photo appeared?
    Only just the link.

    I have tried both the full link and without "http//"
    I have make sure the box was not checked
    I have tried from Flickr & Imgur
    All combinations failed.

    The positive thing, I have learnt the Garbage & Testing Forum and tried there first before embarrassing myself.

    I suppose to post a photo in the Nature Section to show ?Uncle Fai.

    Thank You
    EisMann
    Please do try out the advisory by Catchlights first. Initially I have had such problems but not now. Inserting images
    from my flickr website is a breeze now.
    5D/5D3/Zeiss/28-85/100 F2/200 F4/50 F1.4/70-200/24-85/85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeisser/

  5. #5

    Default Re: cannot attach images

    Quote Originally Posted by EisMann View Post
    catchlights,

    You may explained a thousand times.
    How come I cannot have the photo appeared?
    Only just the link.

    I have tried both the full link and without "http//"
    I have make sure the box was not checked
    I have tried from Flickr & Imgur
    All combinations failed.

    The positive thing, I have learnt the Garbage & Testing Forum and tried there first before embarrassing myself.

    I suppose to post a photo in the Nature Section to show ?Uncle Fai.

    Thank You
    EisMann
    I suspect you take the webpage URL as your image URL, try this:
    if use Chrome, right click on the image and select "Copy image URL" , that is the one to use
    if use IE 11, right click on the image, select properties, and the "Address(URL)" will be there, that is the right one

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    347

    Default Re: cannot attach images

    if use Chrome, right click on the image and select "Copy image URL" , that is the one to use
    if use IE 11, right click on the image, select properties, and the "Address(URL)" will be there, that is the right one[/QUOTE]

    Ted888,

    Manage to upload at last!!! I have use the same method.
    Only successful in TinyPC, but not in Flickr.

    I have saved in Flickr Photstream and check "Public". Right click for URL address. Nothing popped out.
    You can checked in the Garbage & Test section the number of times I tried.

    Thanks for your help.
    EisMann

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: cannot attach images

    This is from my Flickr photostream. My photo of Sunny Camera shop in MBK. It can be done. I use Chrome.





    Last edited by ricohflex; 3rd March 2014 at 10:21 PM.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    347

    Default Re: cannot attach images

    Ricohflex, Zeisser,

    May I ask when you upload pictures to Photostream in Flickr, what setting(s) do you check in the owner setting?

    Owner settings ▾
    License
    None (All rights reserved) done
    None (All rights reserved)
    Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike Creative Commons
    Attribution-NonCommercial Creative Commons
    Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs Creative Commons
    Attribution Creative Commons
    Attribution-ShareAlike Creative Commons
    Attribution-NoDerivs Creative Commons
    Privacy
    Visible to everyone edit
    Publicly searchable edit
    Content filters
    Safety level: Safe edit
    Content type: Photo edit


    Thank You
    EisMann

  9. #9

    Default Re: cannot attach images

    If you are using Flickr, this is how i do it
    1. go to "View all sizes" by click on the 3 dots (other ways also possible)
    2. select the size, say 800, right click and get the "Copy image URL".

    See pictures below:




  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,614

    Default Re: cannot attach images

    Quote Originally Posted by EisMann View Post
    Ricohflex, Zeisser,

    May I ask when you upload pictures to Photostream in Flickr, what setting(s) do you check in the owner setting?

    Owner settings ▾
    License
    None (All rights reserved) done
    None (All rights reserved)
    Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike Creative Commons
    Attribution-NonCommercial Creative Commons
    Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs Creative Commons
    Attribution Creative Commons
    Attribution-ShareAlike Creative Commons
    Attribution-NoDerivs Creative Commons
    Privacy
    Visible to everyone edit
    Publicly searchable edit
    Content filters
    Safety level: Safe edit
    Content type: Photo edit


    Thank You
    EisMann


    You click on the box with an arrow to grab the HTML BB code copy and paste it to the insert image as earlier shown
    by Catchlights and the image will be inserted.
    Last edited by Zeisser; 3rd March 2014 at 10:59 PM.
    5D/5D3/Zeiss/28-85/100 F2/200 F4/50 F1.4/70-200/24-85/85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeisser/

  11. #11
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: cannot attach images

    Quote Originally Posted by EisMann View Post
    if use Chrome, right click on the image and select "Copy image URL" , that is the one to use
    if use IE 11, right click on the image, select properties, and the "Address(URL)" will be there, that is the right one
    Ted888,

    Manage to upload at last!!! I have use the same method.
    Only successful in TinyPC, but not in Flickr.

    I have saved in Flickr Photstream and check "Public". Right click for URL address. Nothing popped out.
    You can checked in the Garbage & Test section the number of times I tried.

    Thanks for your help.
    EisMann[/QUOTE]

    I have check your posts in Garbage & Test section, you are posting the photostream page, not the image itself.

    is "COPY IMAGE URL" not "COPY LINK ADDRESS"

    mouse over to the image size you want, right click and select "copy image URL"

    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: cannot attach images

    Anyone can see
    Anyone can comment

    Never bother with the Flickr settings. Who cares? This hobby is supposed to be fun.
    It should not be so miserable. Worrying about this on Flickr. Worrying about that on Flickr.
    If so scared about people using your images, then don't upload to Flickr in the first place.


    Quote Originally Posted by EisMann View Post
    Ricohflex, Zeisser,

    May I ask when you upload pictures to Photostream in Flickr, what setting(s) do you check in the owner setting?

    Owner settings ▾
    License
    None (All rights reserved) done
    None (All rights reserved)
    Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike Creative Commons
    Attribution-NonCommercial Creative Commons
    Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs Creative Commons
    Attribution Creative Commons
    Attribution-ShareAlike Creative Commons
    Attribution-NoDerivs Creative Commons
    Privacy
    Visible to everyone edit
    Publicly searchable edit
    Content filters
    Safety level: Safe edit
    Content type: Photo edit


    Thank You
    EisMann
    Last edited by ricohflex; 4th March 2014 at 10:26 PM.

  13. #13
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: cannot attach images

    try not to upload full resolution image to any image hosting site if you don't want anyone able obtain your high res photos,

    anyone can use content aware stamp tool or patch tool in Photoshop to remove your watermark easily, and nobody will know notice the image being doctored after downsize.

    and remember, there is no way to stop people from grabbing your photos, as long your photos can show up in anyone computer, your photos are already stored inside their computers, they don't have to download it, just need to know where to find your photos store inside their computers.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    347

    Default Re: cannot attach images

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    Ted888,

    I have check your posts in Garbage & Test section, you are posting the photostream page, not the image itself.

    is "COPY IMAGE URL" not "COPY LINK ADDRESS"

    mouse over to the image size you want, right click and select "copy image URL"

    Morning Catchlights!

    I was back home late. Will practice tonight

    Thank You
    EisMann

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    347

    Default Re: cannot attach images

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Anyone can see
    Anyone can comment

    Never bother with the Flickr settings. Who cares? This hobby is supposed to be fun.
    It should not be so miserable. Worrying about this on Flickr. Worrying about that on Flickr.
    If so scared about people using your images, then don't upload to Flickr in the first place.
    RicohFlex,

    My primary concern that evening was just to upload the picture in the other forum section.
    The purpose was to share pic info of a specimen and not to show off.
    I will upload pic if some forumers requests to share info,afterall I have learnt from scratch here in Clubsnap on digital photography.

    I am fully aware whatever in the internet, be it pictures or words, nothing is private or confidential.

    I asked those setting questions (on Flickr) because I thought, was it of certain settings that I unable to upload.


    Thank You
    EisMann

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •