Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: do u wash yr camera bag?

Default Re: do u wash yr camera bag?

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    I never wash my bags but there was this once I discovered fire ants crawling all over my Domke, I had no choice but to dunk the whole damn thing into water. Water just ruined the bag and I had to write it off.

I know its kind of late to give suggestions for your Domke... but I find leaving the bag in strong sunlight will rid the ants...

But I more interested in knowing from the rest... what the hell do you all keep inside the camera bag (beside camera+lens) that could get the INSIDE smelly and dirty ??

Scuba & Father... For Life

Billingham bags are designed to grow old gracefully! Professional photographers usually prefer a well worn, battle scarred Billingham to a new clean version, however, .....
    Carrying smelly bag is a feature of a Pro...
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    I never wash my bags but there was this once I discovered fire ants crawling all over my Domke, I had no choice but to dunk the whole damn thing into water. Water just ruined the bag and I had to write it off.
    How was the Domke bag ruined by water?!

Even on Tiffen's website, it claims that gentle machine wash should not harm a Domke bag. It seems odd that something that costs more than the likes of Lowepro would be ruined by water?

http://www.tiffen.com/domke_faqs.html
    Q: I own a Domke camera bag. Itís been a while since I bought my bag and itís gotten a bit dirty over time. In addition I used it in the last month while covering a movie that was shot in the desert so the bag got sandy as well. My question, as you have guessed. is how do I clean my bag?

A: Your Domke bag is constructed of heavy, durable canvas material and it can be washed on gentle cycle in a washing machine or in a sink or tub using mild detergent. We suggest you vacuum out any sand first. We have examined many old Domke bags that have been machine washed several times and look and work just fine after much hard use.

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    How was the Domke bag ruined by water?!

Maybe "Chiong" one.... LOL

Scuba & Father... For Life

got ants, insects inside bag? place inside a closed but unsealed box and pipe smoke in. the insects will have the good sense to leave. the source could be mosquito coil or toxic cigarette...
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12