Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scott Kelby jumped ship

Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post

A businessman is fine. A dirty businessman I can still understand. But to sell your soul for some camera equipment, that is beyond me.
    Wah u can call him a liar if u dnt believe what he said and the lame reasons he gave but to say he sold his soul is bit over lah..lol

Default Re: Scott Kelby jumped ship

Quote Originally Posted by saberlancer View Post
    Wah u can call him a liar if u dnt believe what he said and the lame reasons he gave but to say he sold his soul is bit over lah..lol
    Just look at his demeanor.

Its business as it would be ......

Who pays more, whose relationship is better when everything else is comparable, the business goes there. The best price secures the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Same thing with Andy Lau and his watches.

It's not hard to imagine that in most cases, endorsees are people who do have some genuine excitement for what they're being sponsored to endorse, especially if we're talking about tools that they use to make a living. E.g., You'd expect a marathon runner to take his shoes seriously, quite a different thing if he's asked to front an ad for say, a camera, or perfume, etc. Just put yourself in their shoes. Life's too short to be paid to use shitty stuff, or stuff you don't genuinely enjoy, especially when its something you use day in day out.

Quote Originally Posted by kandinsky View Post
    It's not hard to imagine that in most cases, endorsees are people who do have some genuine excitement for what they're being sponsored to endorse, especially if we're talking about tools that they use to make a living. E.g., You'd expect a marathon runner to take his shoes seriously, quite a different thing if he's asked to front an ad for say, a camera, or perfume, etc. Just put yourself in their shoes. Life's too short to be paid to use shitty stuff, or stuff you don't genuinely enjoy, especially when its something you use day in day out.
    2 points - it's unlikely a Marathon champion would be approached to endorse a camera. Second are you saying Nikon is shitty compared to Canon?

Not sure where you got those ideals ideas from.

In an ideal world, people generally think that professionals are passionate about what they do and hence the equipment they use too. In the world where being a professional means an equipment is just a tool to win or make money, any sponsor that pays the best in any terms that he/she desire is a good sponsor and part of the deal is likely to endorse their product.

Quote Originally Posted by kandinsky View Post
    Last edited by Luminare; 25th January 2014 at 12:05 PM.

I dun think camera is that personally to be honest. Ur D4 is similar to his D4 and so on. But for really famous sportsmen or musicians they actually have their own line named after them or personalised items which is customed to meet their preferences and needs. You dun see there been a personalised camera for a certain photograpgher right?

It really makes no difference what brand equipment some "pro" photographer uses....Do you buy the same brand of car every time???? I think many people just buy Gear to show off and say they have the latest and greatest..(nothing wrong with that)....He is making a living as a photographer, and if one manufacturer can offer him a better deal (sponsorship wise) than go for it...Any "pro" would understand that...If you are an "equipment" fanatic, than brand name probably matters... But, if you are serious about just making great images, than the brand name of the gear you use may become less important.

PS.. I use both Nikon and Canon (along with Fuji, Olympus, Panasonic, Toyo, etc..) go figure.... And I like Sony FF as well Ha Ha... I only wish I was popular enough to be sponsored by some manufacturer...
    Last edited by george671; 25th January 2014 at 05:46 PM.

For someone at his level, it goes beyond than just mere equipment. His excuse for switching can be overcome one way or another. Regardless what his equipment is, he will have a way to overcome it. It looks more like commercial is what motivated him.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

I thought this thread was about Scott Kelby doing awesome ship photography and people diving/jumping from them.

Deregistered

Default He finally divorced his wife of many years......

such an adulterous AH!

http://www.picturecorrect.com/tips/n...de-the-switch/

I don't like this guy. You can see it the way he treats his friend sitting beside him.

Wonder if there is more adulterous canon husband vs adulterous nikon husband?

Blog Entries

Default Re: He finally divorced his wife of many years......

This is old news. Threads merged...

Probably Canon offered him more sponsor $$$. I never liked the guy anyway..

He secretly lock himself inside the toilet cradles his Nikon at night and cry till mucus droop downs his nose and face.

Seriously I always thought of him as a photoshop trainer and author, less so a photographer. So doesn't matter what he use.

If he switched from Adobe Photoshop to an open source like Gimp, then that's news worthy

Quote Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
    He secretly lock himself inside the toilet cradles his Nikon at night and cry till mucus droop downs his nose and face.

Seriously I always thought of him as a photoshop trainer and author, less so a photographer. So doesn't matter what he use.

If he switched from Adobe Photoshop to an open source like Gimp, then that's news worthy
    If he switched from Adobe to Phase One, the news would become bigger !
    NIKON D90 (2008-2010), D700 (2010-2012), D800 (2012-2014), DF (Dec 2013-Sep 2017)

A businessman is fine. A dirty businessman I can still understand. But to sell your soul for some camera equipment, that is beyond me.
    Have you changed your employer(s) in the past? No difference in the outcome.... You did not sell your soul!
    Last edited by shierwin; 4th February 2014 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shierwin View Post
    Have you changed your employer(s) in the past? No difference in the outcome.... You did not sell your soul!
    Great!

I meant who cares?

If any employer pay me better than current job, i will also jump .

thats how the world goes...

=)
    [D800|AFS2470F2.8G|AFS70200F2.8G|AFS1635F4G|AFS28F1 .8G|AF85F1.8D|AFDC105F2D|SB700|SB900]

I only love God with all of my soul, Amen. I do not sell my soul to others

If a company gave me a full sponsor to use a different brand for free, I would not mind to use it as long as I did not spend a single cent for it.
    Just use two system lah, one is beloved wife the other is mistress. You know which one that you will love till the end of time
    NIKON D90 (2008-2010), D700 (2010-2012), D800 (2012-2014), DF (Dec 2013-Sep 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by jeff7id View Post
    Just use two system lah, one is beloved wife the other is mistress. You know which one that you will love till the end of time
    Ha ha, interesting analogy, a mistress. To change job or use 2 systems is fine, but when a person start to criticize his old parents that has been taking care of him all these years and start to compare and say how good the new step parents are, that person has lost some of his morals, integrity and gratitude. These are not casual comments as he meant to publicize them and it is wholly commercial. Did he care about the feelings of the legions of Nikon fans? Skin tone, great!
    Last edited by An drew; 12th February 2014 at 08:30 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast