Thread: Don't look down on a P&S

Default Don't look down on a P&S

Smaller and simpler is not always bad. Food for thought:

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/mul...id=7-6468-7844

Quote Originally Posted by pipefish
    Smaller and simpler is not always bad. Food for thought:

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/mul...id=7-6468-7844
    wow....this article is really popular! 3rd time it is posted on CS in the past month! makes me feel really good about my oly C5060.

thx for sharing

Default It's not the camera...

It struck a chord with many snappers who have been put down by equipment and film snobs. The fact that the photographs are taken with a digital compact by a Magnum photographer ought to shut some of these people up.

But the camera type plays a very small part in this series of photographs. The photographs are the fruits of the photographer's dedication and interest in the subjects.

The photographer spent one month tracking a middle-age street cleaner in one of the most air-polluted city in China. Clearly a very different experience from the typical two-hour weekend bikini model group shoot.

Just imagine how much time, money and goodwill the Ang Moh spent to get this common Chinese street cleaner to get used to him and his camera in environments which probably don't smell too good either. The cleaner might feel more comfortable with a discreet digital compact.

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    wow....this article is really popular! 3rd time it is posted on CS in the past month! makes me feel really good about my oly C5060.

thx for sharing

good article!

makes me wanna dump my heavy stuff for the lightweight!

Quote Originally Posted by zaren

thx for sharing
    Oops - don't follow the threads and didn't know it had been previously posted. Posted it for the benefit of CSers who are under the impression that they can only make nice pics if they could afford a DSLR.

fantastic article...