Thread: Where in Singapore can I dispose my used rechargeable batteries responsibly?

Default Where in Singapore can I dispose my used rechargeable batteries responsibly?

Dear all,

I have checked not only NEA website but also several environmental blogs but none specifically mention where I could disposal my Li-Ion batteries without affecting the environment as oppose to just throw into a regular thrash can.

Please advise.

Default Re: Where in Singapore can I dispose my used rechargeable batteries responsibly?

Quote Originally Posted by homerlikephoto View Post
    Dear all,

I have checked not only NEA website but also several environmental blogs but none specifically mention where I could disposal my Li-Ion batteries without affecting the environment as oppose to just throw into a regular thrash can.

Please advise.
    then you should email NEA website and also several environmental blogs where to dump the damn batteries?
    Objection !!!

Default Re: Where in Singapore can I dispose my used rechargeable batteries responsibly?

Quote Originally Posted by homerlikephoto View Post
    Dear all,

Please advise.
    I did a quick Google search for you and found this on NEA's site:

http://app2.nea.gov.sg/energy-waste/...ack-programmes

Lithium ion batteries seem to fall under Starhub's drive? The list of recycling bin locations are listed in the link. Do note the line:

Equipment should be able to fit through the deposit slot, which measures 35 cm x 10 cm (length x width).

StarHub’s e-waste recycling programme recycles the following types of equipment, regardless of brand:

Mobile phones, lithium-ion (Li-ion) batteries
    Laptops, keyboards, modems, computer mice, docking stations, hard disk drives and printed circuit boards
    DVD players, VCD players, set-top boxes, MP3 players, VCRs, remote controls and car stereos
    Telephones and answering machines
    Cables, plugs and wires
    Last edited by edutilos-; 20th January 2014 at 03:30 PM.

I'm wondering why you're discarding them at all?
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    could it be those batteries are selling salted duck eggs liao.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Put them in an envelope. Post to NEA and let the experts handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Put them in an envelope. Post to NEA and let the experts handle it.
    skali they take it as a bomb threat.......
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

good, as I like to throw my laptop battery, it dies several years ago,

now I know where to throw.

I threw a old laptop to dustbin weeks ago, as I dont know where I should put it.
    K-01: S8FE, DA35 Flickr

Can throw in recycle bin in shopping mall. I remember they have one of the 3 for "metal".
    | 5Diii | 24 ii | 40 | 24-70 ii | 24-105 | 70-200 F4 IS | 270 ii | 600EX-RT |

Thanks Edutilos for the information. It's very helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    I did a quick Google search for you and found this on NEA's site:

http://app2.nea.gov.sg/energy-waste/...ack-programmes

Lithium ion batteries seem to fall under Starhub's drive? The list of recycling bin locations are listed in the link. Do note the line:

Equipment should be able to fit through the deposit slot, which measures 35 cm x 10 cm (length x width).

Actually I have those used batteries for obsolete HP set as well as many end-of-life grade rechargeable batteries that I no longer need.

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ahboy168 View Post
    Can throw in recycle bin in shopping mall. I remember they have one of the 3 for "metal".

I don't think it's responsible for anyone to throw those Li-ION batteries in those "Metal" recycle bins as those are meant for used can drinks, etc.