Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 87

Thread: NDP 2005 rehearsal at Padang started?

  1. #61
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default

    Heard the aircraft fly past my house about 50mins ago...
    eat. drink. shoot

  2. #62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    Heard the aircraft fly past my house about 50mins ago...
    all the tankies are now roaring outside ... can see from my room..

    it seems their holding ground is the car park at Leisure Park..

    so many..

    traffic jam man..
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

  3. #63

    Default

    Got to Marina south juz in time for the fly past. Pics here
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=138206

  4. #64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mervlam
    apparently i got to hang around the vehicle column today at Nicoll Highway outside Suntec and i got to watch the GOH contingents match in from Beach Road Camp outside Raffles Hotel.

    there are action outside the restricted zone.

    open-minded people? there are many. i spoke with a Captain about the rehearsal scheduling of the vehicle columns outside Suntec.

    yes i know that there is security at the cordoned-off venues, but there are many other things to look out for at the sidelines.

    P.S. - I ever did all these NDP stuff back in 1999. I know what I can do and what I can't do.
    yeah...the goh is based at beach road camp...the rehearsals for the parade is at 3pm and the combined rehearsal is at 6pm... actually you can also walk to esplanade park to take some pictures of the show participants... or further down to marina promenade to take pictures of the parade participants...
    i dont know how many kms i have walked today....urgh...

  5. #65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayumi
    yeah...the goh is based at beach road camp...the rehearsals for the parade is at 3pm and the combined rehearsal is at 6pm... actually you can also walk to esplanade park to take some pictures of the show participants... or further down to marina promenade to take pictures of the parade participants...
    i dont know how many kms i have walked today....urgh...
    Geee... now me gian to go back next week with my camera this time round

  6. #66

    Default

    haha
    my unit is in charge of the parade segment...i want to take pictures also cannot sia... got duties to do...sian

    or alternatively for the mobile column...after the vehicles passed padang...they will make a u-turn back to esplanade drive...so some people can station there...dont need to squeeze at raffles city there with the crowd...

  7. #67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayumi
    haha
    my unit is in charge of the parade segment...i want to take pictures also cannot sia... got duties to do...sian

    or alternatively for the mobile column...after the vehicles passed padang...they will make a u-turn back to esplanade drive...so some people can station there...dont need to squeeze at raffles city there with the crowd...
    you confirm??? going over the bridge by esplanade ah? dont you saboh me leh!

  8. #68

    Default

    huh what bridge?

  9. #69

    Default

    i check street directory
    they will be passing by esplanade drive - raffles road intersection...
    towards nicoll highway
    confirmed...coz i was stuck on raffles road for over 20mins while the mobile column is moving along esplanade drive...

  10. #70
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,601

    Default

    i'm a fan of BIG BIG vehicles, and yeah, the near 15 minute mobile column was fantastic! *yum yum*

  11. #71
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayumi
    haha
    my unit is in charge of the parade segment...i want to take pictures also cannot sia... got duties to do...sian

    or alternatively for the mobile column...after the vehicles passed padang...they will make a u-turn back to esplanade drive...so some people can station there...dont need to squeeze at raffles city there with the crowd...
    that depends on the direction where the convoy is splitting up to, on the actual day. apparently there will be 3 splits - one for central, one for west, one for east. exact details, i don't know it myself either, yet.

  12. #72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayumi
    i check street directory
    they will be passing by esplanade drive - raffles road intersection...
    towards nicoll highway
    confirmed...coz i was stuck on raffles road for over 20mins while the mobile column is moving along esplanade drive...
    huh??? i dont understand. after they passed the reviewing stand on St. Andrew's Road, how they head back to Nicoll Highway?

    Via Connaught Drive, Stamford Rd, turn at Raffles Ave / Nicoll Highway junction, then towards Suntec direction?

  13. #73
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,601

    Default

    not connaught drive - that was closed off for human usage today.

    IF i'm not wrong (i could be, i didn't see it myself, just reasoning out..) some of the convoy went back to the starting area via the bridge outside the big durian

    actual day, this should be the actual route taken by the vehicles to move to the Eastern celebration location. the convoy vehicles that turn out to the direction of fort canning, will head west.

  14. #74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sehsuan
    not connaught drive - that was closed off for human usage today.

    IF i'm not wrong (i could be, i didn't see it myself, just reasoning out..) some of the convoy went back to the starting area via the bridge outside the big durian

    actual day, this should be the actual route taken by the vehicles to move to the Eastern celebration location. the convoy vehicles that turn out to the direction of fort canning, will head west.
    hmmm... think i will stick myself at the Raffles Hotel junction next week and see if i get anything.

  15. #75

    Default

    For those who want to shoot mobile column, aviod Anderson Bridge, the soldier on duty there said order(from which chief I don't know) was passed down to close the bridge well mobile column is crossing as it might collapse...... I am suggesting that they should close the river as well so that when the bridge collapse, it won't hit the boat.

  16. #76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SMC
    For those who want to shoot mobile column, aviod Anderson Bridge, the soldier on duty there said order(from which chief I don't know) was passed down to close the bridge well mobile column is crossing as it might collapse...... I am suggesting that they should close the river as well so that when the bridge collapse, it won't hit the boat.
    i got a suggestion...

    IF u only wan the mobile column, go to the intersection at Mountbatten road and Nicoll Highway.. cos they be turning to Mountbatten road towards the car park behind Mac.. so at the location, u can see them coming towards and turning right..

    NOW, they are returning.. sitting on trailer and got TP escorting them..

    saw them from my living hall..

    good luck all next week
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

  17. #77

    Default

    mmm when will we get to see them fireworks?

  18. #78

    Default

    the holding area for the mobile armoured column is on nicoll highway outside Suntec in the direction of esplanade.

  19. #79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lenscapes
    the holding area for the mobile armoured column is on nicoll highway outside Suntec in the direction of esplanade.
    am i rite to say that this formation is b4 commencing ??
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

  20. #80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k3nn3th03
    hey i got tic for preview only..

    so any idea where to sit is best ??

    i think you got to find chair and sit in the middle of the show and must have a 360 lens that weight so much that you got to leave it on the ground. cos it got to be all ard the audience stands that the fire be lighting up and also the props for the performener.. next is to get supper strong n long to extend ur cam way above the crowd from where you are standing and taking the other fireworks firing ferom the barge..

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •