Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NDP 2005 rehearsal at Padang started?

Quote Originally Posted by sehsuan
    kenny, you can try http://www.nexus.gov.sg/ to see if they can provide any help.

if not, see if you have any friends who are involved, who are able to vouch for you to shoot.
    i am interested too.. can anyone who has got the pass, pls update ..

thanks..

fly pass-- > was driving along mountbatten road, heard some roaring... saw fighter planes breaking away from formation...

Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

wah, got canteen meh? didn't know leh! i did notice that one of the drinks vendors from the NATIONAL STADIUM is actually selling drinks along the esplanade park - how come he knows even more than us?
    canteen at neesoon mah...

drinks at esplanade park? hmz... u mean the one south of padang? the icecream man?

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Ayumi
    canteen at neesoon mah...

drinks at esplanade park? hmz... u mean the one south of padang? the icecream man?
    uh, you know the tentages for the contingents of participants? one of the guys pushing a trolley with cold canned drinks - he's based in national stadium! imagine coming all the way to esplanade to ply his trade... but then again, must understand that on normal days, there's next to no business at the national stadium...

oh...i havent been to that area lately...the last time i was there was 2 wks ago...they were still building the tentages...

anyway there is also this ice-cream man south of padang... i betcha those boys from the 36sce? are thanking him for selling ice-cream at such close proximity to where they work to build the stands for the ndp... wonder wheres the ice-cream man from huh? come all the way down there to sell to those army boys... moreover its only a few army boys... not even sure if the business is sustainable...since hardly any human traffic passes by that area as well....

Deregistered

but now the human traffic is gonna get limited from this weekend onwards. wonder how the ice-cream man is gonna get it.. maybe he has a pass too!

Sigh... Photographers full house liao?

Quote Originally Posted by k3nn3th03

i am interested too.. can anyone who has got the pass, pls update ..

thanks..

fly pass-- > was driving along mountbatten road, heard some roaring... saw fighter planes breaking away from formation...

For the past few rehearsal, the flypast is around 4.15pm. So not sure whether will there be any flypast today. I have actually see the flypast from my office and especially real close up of the chinooks

3 days ago.. on tueday..they had a practice run at 4.05 and 5.05 but no camera!

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian
    For the past few rehearsal, the flypast is around 4.15pm. So not sure whether will there be any flypast today. I have actually see the flypast from my office and especially real close up of the chinooks
    Tomorrow there's a rehearsal at the Padang, so if you wait around 6.30pm - 6.45pm there shld be a flypast of the planes and choppers.

why is every one so gian for this rehearsal.. just wait for the actually day or the Ne show lah ..

Quote Originally Posted by Luval
    why is every one so gian for this rehearsal.. just wait for the actually day or the Ne show lah ..
    What's wrong with people beginning 'gian' with rehearsals? On the actual day / NE show, we will be 'gian' with fireworks instead.

come come, fried chicken, bleeding oil...

actually, some days it's something to look forward to, some days, it'd better to buckle up the belt tighter in fact, i used the routine of tracking which company's providing the food, to remind myself we're getting to the big day soon.

i still prefer pizza hut, in the end. yum yum! hopefully we have singapore supreme pizza this time round
    which reminds me of SFI packed food EVERYDAY during 1999 NDP when my unit was involved. eat till sian until got to ask my RSM for permission to go for lunch elsewhere. kaoz!

Deregistered

everyday? wah, terok man!

99 was held in the stadium, right? i think that was the year when i went to the carnival at marina.

everyday? wah, terok man!

99 was held in the stadium, right? i think that was the year when i went to the carnival at marina.
    right... my post is near the ceremonial guns at Replenishment Point 1 (or is it 2?), providing food / drinks for parade participants.

Deregistered

around oasis ah?

last year i thought i saw one of the arty guys want to "jump river"... when he was actually only taking a break before the CR started

Quote Originally Posted by mervlam
    What's wrong with people beginning 'gian' with rehearsals? On the actual day / NE show, we will be 'gian' with fireworks instead.
    bcos, with so much of talking and chiong ,, you gys arent going to be able to get close any closeer than i do ... no amt of talking on the web can bring you close and esq with the big gun pple are carrying ard... pple overthere arent so opened minded and let you wander around their premise freely. that is why the security is about abd pple are checking .. if we are the press and the authorise personnel , then no problem .. it better to talk about meeting up for the preview and the NE show rather thanthe reheasal. .. get the big picture ... not the small ones..

better to plan for where to meet for the firework and probably i can find out the actual timing for the firing .. i unit is the one handling it on all the audience stand and the barges. .. better loook out for a good spot and leave ground shoot to the press or those who have the ticket..

better to plan for where to meet for the firework and probably i can find out the actual timing for the firing .. i unit is the one handling it on all the audience stand and the barges. .. better loook out for a good spot and leave ground shoot to the press or those who have the ticket..
    today got fireworks?

hey i got tic for preview only..

so any idea where to sit is best ??
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

bcos, with so much of talking and chiong ,, you gys arent going to be able to get close any closeer than i do ... no amt of talking on the web can bring you close and esq with the big gun pple are carrying ard... pple overthere arent so opened minded and let you wander around their premise freely. that is why the security is about abd pple are checking .. if we are the press and the authorise personnel , then no problem .. it better to talk about meeting up for the preview and the NE show rather thanthe reheasal. .. get the big picture ... not the small ones..
    apparently i got to hang around the vehicle column today at Nicoll Highway outside Suntec and i got to watch the GOH contingents match in from Beach Road Camp outside Raffles Hotel.

there are action outside the restricted zone.

open-minded people? there are many. i spoke with a Captain about the rehearsal scheduling of the vehicle columns outside Suntec.

yes i know that there is security at the cordoned-off venues, but there are many other things to look out for at the sidelines.

P.S. - I ever did all these NDP stuff back in 1999. I know what I can do and what I can't do.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast