Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extremely aggressive driving...

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Different country, different legal system (just in case you missed that point). If you want to imply that the same can happen in Singapore you better watch out. You wouldn't be the first one facing a hard time after suggesting that money, expensive lawyers or other means could help to influence a court decision to lower a sentence.
    Ah... I see that you totally missed my points. I shall state it explicitly then:

(1) With a better lawyer, there is a chance of putting up a better case. That in turn can improve the outcome.

(2) The judiciary is of course independent. In particular, it can be independent of popular expectations - what you think should be the sentence and judgement, may not be that way.

Default Re: Extremely aggressive driving...

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Ah... I see that you totally missed my points. I shall state it explicitly then:

(1) With a better lawyer, there is a chance of putting up a better case. That in turn can improve the outcome.

(2) The judiciary is of course independent. In particular, it can be independent of popular expectations - what you think should be the sentence and judgement, may not be that way.
    Agreed with this, the law is the same for everyone but how you present the law in court will affect the result.

Sometime back there was a case of a rich man's daughter whose car hit a cyclist and did not stop, when go to court the lawyer said that as the car comes with very good sound insulation she did not know that she had hit the cyclist and though that it was a tree branch, the judge took that into consideration and she got off lightly. This my friend is the result of having a good and expensive lawyer.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Agreed with this, the law is the same for everyone but how you present the law in court will affect the result.

Sometime back there was a case of a rich man's daughter whose car hit a cyclist and did not stop, when go to court the lawyer said that as the car comes with very good sound insulation she did not know that she had hit the cyclist and though that it was a tree branch, the judge took that into consideration and she got off lightly. This my friend is the result of having a good and expensive lawyer.

I am not a lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post

I am not a lawyer.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

But I have many lawyer friends in big law firms and I do get free legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    Very do have very aggressive driver on the road. They just cannot understand the logic and very self centered. This morning I witness a cab coming from CTE towards Merchant road. He needs to cut into the left lane in order to go into the tunnel, otherwise he will ends up all the way toward CTE without any U turn. The car in front of me just refuse to let him filter in although the cab signal. Traffic isn't heavy at all! That few seconds isn't killing anyone but it is just the attitude. If you are traveling that direction, do filter towards the left once you are on the flyer over. Not everyone is giving way.
    Why the taxi never let that car go first ?

But I have many lawyer friends in big law firms and I do get free legal advice.
    You are their potential big client mah, invest now for a bigger fish in future

You are their potential big client mah, invest now for a bigger fish in future
    ha ha, hope not lah.

Last edited by An drew; 23rd January 2014 at 06:35 PM.

ha ha, hope not lah.
    [embedded video]
    It seems that the arrival of inboard cameras has a significant contribution to the shallower levels of entertainment industry, and maybe to the income of some law firms
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    It seems that the arrival of inboard cameras has a significant contribution to the shallower levels of entertainment industry, and maybe to the income of some law firms
    Ha ha yes. I have gotten my HD dvr too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12