Thread: 420EX vs sigma 500 Super

919956g
    Guests

Default 420EX vs sigma 500 Super

HOW does 420EX compare with sigma500 DG Super?

thinking of geting a decent flash but cant yet decice
    300D user

maybe u would like to tell us what u want to compare between the two, or what is ur need

919956g
    Guests

Default Ii

1)Recharge speed
    2)Light compensation?
    3) its TTL function,
    4) compare number of shoots could be fired with same amount of batt.

5) budget is 300 to 350

this is a little OT but maybe will be relevant

i purchased a sigma (for former company) similar to your stated model, but the nikon model. i found the flash contacts didn't fit the camera contacts very well. sometimes caused flash failure.

i also bought the 420EX (for former company) and it's well-made and capable, though it may have a lower guide no.

if it were my choice, i'd go for the canon as sigma build doesn't seem precise enough. but others may not have had any problems...

Quote Originally Posted by d7t3
    i purchased a sigma (for former company) similar to your stated model, but the nikon model. i found the flash contacts didn't fit the camera contacts very well. sometimes caused flash failure.

i also bought the 420EX (for former company) and it's well-made and capable, though it may have a lower guide no.

if it were my choice, i'd go for the canon as sigma build doesn't seem precise enough. but others may not have had any problems...
    i also got similar problem with sigma 500 super (canon mount), so does few other friends who got this flash.

i also got a canon 420ex last time, but without manual control really inflexible

since the price for used 550ex has gone down with the introduction of 580ex, u should consider an used 550ex instead

919956g
    Guests

Default ya la...bro

had been drooling over itman the 550EX.......even (high hopes)580EX....u know of some recentlyseeliing here at 650 buck.....new but no giving warranty>??
    OKOK NVM.

So ......I think I should give it a grab if someone selling his 2nd hand 550EX at 400buck

only 1 reason why i sell my sigma 500DG super last year, i use it for slave and receiving angle from this 500DG is not as good as 550EX.

thats all, other than that, it function similar like 550EX, very good flash!
    ubans.com

919956g
    Guests

Default keep comin keep comin

THANKS GUYS ..........LET UR COMMENTS FLOW .......Me usin 300D . so no yet upgrading in near future.well 550EX would be fantastic enough. quite dissappointe though....as i intend to get th eSIGMA500 ......

THAT WHHHYY ...forum help me to better decide.

thats cool.

Default how much?

by the way how much u pay for the SIG 500 SUPER? original one