Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Singapore misses out on Grand Prix AGAIN...

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    984

    Default Singapore misses out on Grand Prix AGAIN...

    What a pity to lose out on F1 to malaysia and now A1 to indonesia... sigh... what are they thinking?

  2. #2
    Moderator Cactus jACK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Singapore (Kallang)
    Posts
    3,933
    Blog Entries
    23

    Default

    we have a perfectly good circuit...

    route - ECP, TPE, SLE, KJE, AYE -> ECP... pit can exit AYE -> CTE -> PIE rejoin at TPE


  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus jACK
    we have a perfectly good circuit...

    route - ECP, TPE, SLE, KJE, AYE -> ECP... pit can exit AYE -> CTE -> PIE rejoin at TPE

    Initial D har?

    Can exit AYE go to 99 Bends, dis one can do nice drifts.

  4. #4
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default

    why worry ? when the casino is built, u will have grand prixes every year, and ur neighbouring countries will start scratching their heads on wad to do next..

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glennyong
    why worry ? when the casino is built, u will have grand prixes every year, and ur neighbouring countries will start scratching their heads on wad to do next..
    Hehe.....I think Singapore has not much to expand compared to neighbouring countries in terms of landspace. I think it's Singapore will be scratching their heads.......

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    Hehe.....I think Singapore has not much to expand compared to neighbouring countries in terms of landspace. I think it's Singapore will be scratching their heads.......
    built underground circuit ... world first ??
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

  7. #7
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG
    built underground circuit ... world first ??
    Put the cars on the MRT track? Our galaxy's first.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Put the cars on the MRT track? Our galaxy's first.
    but hor .. overtaking quite dangerous and and fly off onto the ground ...
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG
    built underground circuit ... world first ??
    I will be the first to nominate Knight Ong as the Chief Engineer for the underground circuit.

    Make sure there are not leakage.....or else you will be banish by LKY!

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    I will be the first to nominate Knight Ong as the Chief Engineer for the underground circuit.

    Make sure there are not leakage.....or else you will be banish by LKY!
    And Pro Image will supervise the construction of the circuit ... anything not right you will be banish by LKY ...
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG
    And Pro Image will supervise the construction of the circuit ... anything not right you will be banish by LKY ...
    Need your approval lei......so all listen to the Big Boss......

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus jACK
    we have a perfectly good circuit...

    route - ECP, TPE, SLE, KJE, AYE -> ECP... pit can exit AYE -> CTE -> PIE rejoin at TPE


    This is a very good route for running a local version of Midnight Wangan.

  13. #13
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG
    but hor .. overtaking quite dangerous and and fly off onto the ground ...
    Overtaking? Safe la. Use the LRT tracks to overtake lor....

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Somewhere out there
    Posts
    183

    Default

    before the Sh1t pipe starts operation (DTSS), can make use of it for racing ...

    already an underground 'race track' under construction

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    East side
    Posts
    3,704

    Default

    The govt is more focused on getting the casino, Oops, or IR going first. If they wanted to have a circuit here, they would have done it long ago.

  16. #16

    Default

    cannot la, if there's the Grand Prix here, can u imagine if every car has to go thru an ERP gantry at every chicane?

    Schumacher: Control station, I need to come in to the pit stop.

    Station: Why? What for? We topped up your fuel tank already.

    Schumacher: Er.. need to top up ERP card.

  17. #17

    Default

    In my opinion, There can only be one street track which is in Monaco.

    The city of London tried to host one but they failed to approval from the F1 franchise. How can Singapore with no distingiushed racing heritage ever host a street race?

  18. #18
    Senior Member Hommie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    925

    Default

    What F1? We have them every weekend nights at certain roads with their modded Honda/Mitsubishi/Toyota/Suzuki, wind down windows showing off their deep bass box. Going pass by thumping bass and spinning wheels.....

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hommie
    What F1? We have them every weekend nights at certain roads with their modded Honda/Mitsubishi/Toyota/Suzuki, wind down windows showing off their deep bass box. Going pass by thumping bass and spinning wheels.....
    That's Initial S.........not D. S stands for Stupidity.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default

    sorry it's not initial S also.. it's a capital S. Stupidity
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •