Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast

Thread: Why I am not proud to be Singaporean

Default Re: Why I am not proud to be Singaporean

5 years ago, I would have felt the need to defend Singapore and Singaporeans against derogatory remarks. I was proud to be a Singaporean then. Now, I don't feel the need to say anything anymore. I do question her motives to say something of that nature though. If I were a foreigner, she wouldn't have left a palatable impression on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    5 years ago, I would have felt the need to defend Singapore and Singaporeans against derogatory remarks. I was proud to be a Singaporean then. Now, I don't feel the need to say anything anymore. I do question her motives to say something of that nature though. If I were a foreigner, she wouldn't have left a palatable impression on me.
    With 40% are foreigners, what to defend? First country with such high %. No more the good old Singapore liao.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    With 40% are foreigners, what to defend? First country with such high %. No more the good old Singapore liao.
    I do have issues with immigration policies but I look beyond numbers. That's another discussion altogether though.

defend for your own family..

Who the hell stuffed a potato in the poor girl's mouth?
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post

defend for your own family..
    Hardly can. 4m true Singaporean. If 2.5m can fight, we have to defend 1.5m or more of foreigners here n dont know how many from outside. Game over if war comes. But we already in war, fighting for space.

Hardly can. 4m true Singaporean. If 2.5m can fight, we have to defend 1.5m or more of foreigners here n dont know how many from outside. Game over if war comes. But we already in war, fighting for space.
    Technology is our answer! F16 upgrades coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by oceanpriest View Post
    I'm agree with you... The distraction level is damn too high...
    Lol!

Why 1 year later still only got covers of songs.. Maybe some of the people following her stream waiting patiently for an original song.. Does it really mean that Singaporeans are really not creative?

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post

Technology is our answer! F16 upgrades coming soon...
    Like the sabah? Bomb own country? Heh heh!

Me being a proud Singaporean grandfather, as far as I am concern, I think her parents brought her up very well to question the status quo. Being young, she just have to learn who can and who cannot accept it, and be careful whose toes she steps on. As far as I am concern all those that insult her should take a good look in the mirror. You are insulting precisely the same fore fathers and that includes the other gender that had exactly the same thoughts as her but in a different nation. Many have come at different times and for different reasons. It is people like my grand-father thinking like her and acting upon it that contribute to what Singapore is today. I can also tell that I am a shame of many Singaporeans and that includes many of my relatives that behave like many here in CS. Those that sit back and enjoy the fruits of our labour and are too a shame to even clean their own toilets. Why do we think there are so many FW here doing exactly what my grand-father and many others were doing in their day. I have seen my grand-mother's lady friends tolling and climbing wooden scaffolding with buckets full of cement at each end of a long pole building what Singapore is today. I have told my own children and relatives that if you complain about too many FW here, ask yourself, can I do it myself. I am a shame of many Singaporeans and that include many of my relatives who will not even lift a finger for anything, just because their fore-fathers have toll and invested wisely. If there is a fault, that may be, me included, and many that have no choice, that we were too busy thinking about money and spend too little time playing and listening to our children.

A Proud Singaporean that is able to accept Peanuts and Potatoes even if it does not agree with us.

should not said all this on the screen.. everyone is watching

Quote Originally Posted by oceanpriest View Post
    I'm agree with you... The distraction level is damn too high...

How come only one side is big?

A bit unbalance leh.

And her Korean is jarring and out of tune.

Please at least make the effort to learn to pronounce it correctly.
    Last edited by Sion; 17th January 2014 at 03:39 PM.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by llwell View Post
    I am proud to be a singaporean in the 80s and 90s.

Now i am just being used to fill the billions of TH and GIC.

Why do i have to pay 150k for a japanese car when it is the government policies that is driving congestion?

CLASS struggle is not the most apt to describe today's situation. Being used and abused by rulling class is.

I look forward to 2016.
    Well said, bro

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    How come only one side is big?

A bit unbalance leh.

And her Korean is jarring and out of tune.

Please at least make the effort to learn to pronounce it correctly.
    the other side pressed by her guitar la.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtoshoot View Post
    she doesn't care anymore. did you even watch the video?
    Objection !!!

Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    the other side pressed by her guitar la.
    so you like to be a musical instrument?

Quote Originally Posted by learningtoshoot View Post
    I'm sure everyone is watching this with mouth opened:

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post

she doesn't care anymore. did you even watch the video?
    suddenly attention shifted from serina wee to stephy..

Quote Originally Posted by jonlee View Post
    Me being a proud Singaporean grandfather, as far as I am concern, I think her parents brought her up very well to question the status quo. Being young, she just have to learn who can and who cannot accept it, and be careful whose toes she steps on. As far as I am concern all those that insult her should take a good look in the mirror. You are insulting precisely the same fore fathers and that includes the other gender that had exactly the same thoughts as her but in a different nation. Many have come at different times and for different reasons. It is people like my grand-father thinking like her and acting upon it that contribute to what Singapore is today. I can also tell that I am a shame of many Singaporeans and that includes many of my relatives that behave like many here in CS. Those that sit back and enjoy the fruits of our labour and are too a shame to even clean their own toilets. Why do we think there are so many FW here doing exactly what my grand-father and many others were doing in their day. I have seen my grand-mother's lady friends tolling and climbing wooden scaffolding with buckets full of cement at each end of a long pole building what Singapore is today. I have told my own children and relatives that if you complain about too many FW here, ask yourself, can I do it myself. I am a shame of many Singaporeans and that include many of my relatives who will not even lift a finger for anything, just because their fore-fathers have toll and invested wisely. If there is a fault, that may be, me included, and many that have no choice, that we were too busy thinking about money and spend too little time playing and listening to our children.

A Proud Singaporean that is able to accept Peanuts and Potatoes even if it does not agree with us.
    Hi Sir, unfortunately the young generation do not think like that. They were born in good times, well fed, well protected, well sheltered, the mindset is totally different from your generation. Maybe we are seeing a repeat of the history of Rome.
    Last edited by Exposure; 17th January 2014 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    PM needs to talk to her

Video Missing
    She doesn't understand about 新加坡三愛:

愛國, 愛黨, 愛家!

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast