Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 240

Thread: Why I am not proud to be Singaporean

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,802
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Why I am not proud to be Singaporean

    What? Where? Singaporean?

    All I see are PRCs, Banglas (Indians), Pinoy,.... wherever I go ........
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  2. #22

    Default

    Proud is a dangerous word. Many begin to show arrogance and I am perfect/know it all attitude. People are laughing at us behind once we step out of the meeting room ... Have the little girl wake u up already ?
    Last edited by ahboy168; 16th January 2014 at 04:17 PM.
    | 5Diii | 24 ii | 40 | 24-70 ii | 24-105 | 70-200 F4 IS | 270 ii | 600EX-RT |

  3. #23

    Default Re: Why I am not proud to be Singaporean

    you folks dont agree with her points? that proof it, you guys are just narrow minded.
    Objection !!!

  4. #24
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: Why I am not proud to be Singaporean

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Of course she does. And I am not suggesting that we go appease her. Just that online trolling and bashing her is not right too. Instead, someone of authority - like the PM - should hear her out: that's just my opinion. Again: just like dealing with a known disgruntled employee - you don't appease her but neither should you stonewall or worse, take nasty measures against her - hear her out, and if necessary counsel her, and if some of the points are valid, then consider taking actions.

    I, speaking only for myself, would really feel insulted... should our PM spend what little time he has in managing S'pore, to have to have himself, 'talk' to our little 3rd Place K-Pop (wannabe) princess winner...

    At her age... may I ask what contribution has she done for the Country... that dignify the PM or any other Minister to response to her statement ??

    * Has she serve her Nation ?? (NS, Sea-Games, Olympic, won Nobel/International award)
    * Has she worked and paid her due ??
    * Has she serve the public ??

    I have less issue about our K-Pop princess wannabe statement... then the many S'porean that seems to be quoting her as if she has somehow spoken some great wisdom... for crying out loud, she isn't the 1st... or will be the last, to make statements she did... but to elevate her to some pedestal and spending 4 days discussing what she said... IMHO, is something I'm definitely NOT PROUD of.

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  5. #25
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: Why I am not proud to be Singaporean


    Scuba & Father... For Life

  6. #26

    Default Re: Why I am not proud to be Singaporean

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    I, speaking only for myself, would really feel insulted... should our PM spend what little time he has in managing S'pore, to have to have himself, 'talk' to our little 3rd Place K-Pop (wannabe) princess winner...

    At her age... may I ask what contribution has she done for the Country... that dignify the PM or any other Minister to response to her statement ??

    * Has she serve her Nation ?? (NS, Sea-Games, Olympic, won Nobel/International award)
    * Has she worked and paid her due ??
    * Has she serve the public ??

    I have less issue about our K-Pop princess wannabe statement... then the many S'porean that seems to be quoting her as if she has somehow spoken some great wisdom... for crying out loud, she isn't the 1st... or will be the last, to make statements she did... but to elevate her to some pedestal and spending 4 days discussing what she said... IMHO, is something I'm definitely NOT PROUD of.

    You are exactly the type of person she is talking about. ungracious and inconsiderate mindset. That is why I said it will take more than a generation or two to change a nation's mindset. GDP for third world can change in less than a generation to first world but for behavour and mindset to change will need around 150 years I guess and many nations will even get worst with intolerance and extremism rearing its ugly head. Intolerance like - Why should I take notice of you when you are younger than me? Children should only be seen and not heard. Why should I listen to you when you do not earn as much as me? Your school or qualifications are not as good, so speak only when spoken too. Why should I know that you exist when your car, home, even camera is so much cheaper than mine?
    Remember it even took more than 200 years for a so called first world country like USA to change and give everyone the voice and vote. I just hope we do not take as long as the blood thirsty, plundering and marauding Vikings to change to what I admire most the countries that make up Scandinavia. Not everything is perfect there but If those Vikings can change surely we can. God forbid we go backwards like Thailand, a country renown for its gracious and tolerant mindset which I still hope can be returned to them.

    Proud Singaporean for what we have achieved but just want to be nicer for all earthlings.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Why I am not proud to be Singaporean

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    What? Where? Singaporean?

    All I see are PRCs, Banglas (Indians), Pinoy,.... wherever I go ........
    It's sad and true that 真正的新加坡人 like you will become an endangered species in his own country in future.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Why I am not proud to be Singaporean

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeisser View Post
    Then go become a Korean lor why waste the youth and time in Singapore
    chasing a pipe dream.
    Maybe K-pop standard not so high here?

  9. #29

    Default Re: Why I am not proud to be Singaporean

    We should be proud to be Singaporean

    Look at the number of gold medals we have got from the Olympics since 1896

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-tim...es_medal_table

    Look at the number of Nobel laureates that we have got

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tes_by_country

    The fresh eggs we ate in the morning always remind us of our achievement

    SG is good at producing "all rounders" = ZERO
    Last edited by Yutaka Go; 16th January 2014 at 08:39 PM.
    I eats, shoots & leaves

  10. #30
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Why I am not proud to be Singaporean

    Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    Potato? Did I miss something?
    Too lazy to watch the video
    I participate in the profound discussion in this thread intensely.

    But I refuse to watch the video or to read any post that is longer than 5 sentences.

    I think to be a 真正的新加坡人 you have to have the courage to walk through the wall even you know it is a wall in front of you. If not go and find your Morpheus who can tell you the meaning of "The matrix". But be warned that once you "see" him you'll never be able to "go back".


  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Why I am not proud to be Singaporean

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    But I refuse to watch the video or to read any post that is longer than 5 sentences.
    You don't watch the video? Then how to amuse yourself with her fake foreign accent, poor diction and annoying mannerisms.
    The ignorant spoilt brat is singing the praises of Australia and said she is trying to get out of SG as quickly as possible. She may become your next door neighbour in Australia.

    The video has achieved its purpose. An unknown kiddo wants attention and 5 minutes of fame on Youtube, for all the wrong reasons.

    There are those who TALK and there are those who DO. She should renounce her Singapore citizenship tomorrow. As to where she wants to go and whether that country will accept her - Singaporeans are not interested.

  12. #32

    Default Re: Why I am not proud to be Singaporean

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    You don't watch the video? Then how to amuse yourself with her fake foreign accent, poor diction and annoying mannerisms.
    The ignorant spoilt brat is singing the praises of Australia and said she is trying to get out of SG as quickly as possible. She may become your next door neighbour in Australia.
    I don't think uncle would mind. Soon she'll end up in Nosebleed uncle TFCD thread

  13. #33
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Why I am not proud to be Singaporean

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    You don't watch the video? Then how to amuse yourself with her fake foreign accent, poor diction and annoying mannerisms.
    The ignorant spoilt brat is singing the praises of Australia and said she is trying to get out of SG as quickly as possible. She may become your next door neighbour in Australia.

    The video has achieved its purpose. An unknown kiddo wants attention and 5 minutes of fame on Youtube, for all the wrong reasons.

    There are those who TALK and there are those who DO. She should renounce her Singapore citizenship tomorrow. As to where she wants to go and whether that country will accept her - Singaporeans are not interested.
    Thanks brother. I'll go and watch the video under your strong recommendation.

    Don't know why some Asian girls want to put on a fake Ang Moh accent it makes understanding them so much difficult.
    Last edited by Sion; 16th January 2014 at 09:07 PM.

  14. #34
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Why I am not proud to be Singaporean

    Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    I don't think uncle would mind. Soon she'll end up in Nosebleed uncle TFCD thread
    In lingerie or bikini?

  15. #35

    Default

    It's just another cheap shot at fame.

    I am proud to be a Singaporean for all it's pros and cons because it's home. There is no perfect world out there but some places maybe better suitable for certain type of people. So, if she thinks Singapore is not her cup of tea, then so be it.

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,188

    Default Re: Why I am not proud to be Singaporean

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    It's sad and true that 真正的新加坡人 like you will become an endangered species in his own country in future.
    True. With low birth rate and more new citizen who not willing to be supporting this country but making use of it for their better life style. I not surprise if they revolve their citizenship and back to own country when the time is right. What to do, our government anyhow open up to them and make own true blue Singaporean suffers. Sooner or later, it will be the world top ten highest crime rate, be it on corruption, outrage or whatever kind you can think of, wait and see.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,621

    Default Re: Why I am not proud to be Singaporean

    Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    Potato? Did I miss something?
    Too lazy to watch the video
    She speaks with an americana slang - chiat kan tang
    5D/5D3/Zeiss/28-85/100 F2/200 F4/50 F1.4/70-200/24-85/85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeisser/

  18. #38
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: Why I am not proud to be Singaporean

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    you folks dont agree with her points? that proof it, you guys are just narrow minded.
    That means that she doesn't agree with their points, so she is narrow minded too.

  19. #39
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: Why I am not proud to be Singaporean

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeisser View Post
    She speaks with an americana slang - chiat kan tang
    That's not really American either. I don't know what accent it is.

  20. #40
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Why I am not proud to be Singaporean

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Thanks brother. I'll go and watch the video under your strong recommendation.

    Don't know why some Asian girls want to put on a fake Ang Moh accent it makes understanding them so much difficult.
    I could only watch 1/4 of her clip before Bei Tahan that I turned it off.

    I'm a Toastmaster member and know what a good speech is like. She spoke too fast with jerky distracting hand gestures.

    Her messy bed at the background indicates that she is a violent sleeper just in case you become her boyfriend one day.

    All in all the saving grace is she has a nice cleavage. As a nosebleed uncle photographer I can see some potential but not big potential there.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •