View Poll Results: How many times you taken the test for driving?

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • One time and Pass~

111 57.51%
  • On Second try~

51 26.42%
  • Three Times FinaLLy he given mE my licence.

12 6.22%
  • Fours times and above.

6 3.11%
  • Aaa.... why take the test? is Licence that important?

13 6.74%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How many times you took to obtain your driving Licence?

Pass all 1 time...

Got SAF class 3 & 4 too... =) ROC is fun! ahahaa.. Took so much practice driving on the wrong side of the road that driving there wasn't much issue...
    the issue came when u came back.....

wanted to take class 2b, take lessons halfway went for some surgery... den nvr got ard to go back to continue lessons liao...

Quote Originally Posted by Ashleyy
    Pass all 1 time...

Got SAF class 3 & 4 too... =) ROC is fun! ahahaa.. Took so much practice driving on the wrong side of the road that driving there wasn't much issue...
    the issue came when u came back.....

wanted to take class 2b, take lessons halfway went for some surgery... den nvr got ard to go back to continue lessons liao...
    If you are to go up the mountains, it is a BIG problem.

Imagine......driving a unimog with a huge load behind, up the mountain. Road with potholes, steep incline, mountain on 1 side, steep cliff on the other, approx 0.5M of road clearence on each side of the unimog, no curb, out growing grass on the road masking the edge........

Then you encounter a hairpin turn going up a steep incline.... Even a safety officer, a LTC will have cold sweat. SAF lost soldiers this way before.......

But yeah, ROC is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    If you are to go up the mountains, it is a BIG problem.

Imagine......driving a unimog with a huge load behind, up the mountain. Road with potholes, steep incline, mountain on 1 side, steep cliff on the other, approx 0.5M of road clearence on each side of the unimog, no curb, out growing grass on the road masking the edge........

Then you encounter a hairpin turn going up a steep incline.... Even a safety officer, a LTC will have cold sweat. SAF lost soldiers this way before.......

But yeah, ROC is fun.
    Hahha.. yeah, I know what you mean.. I do drive 3 & 5 tonners and also drive cross-country.. the slopes i had went before is also unbelievable!! I had the uncomfortable sensation that the whole vehicle is going to tumble...

Thankfully nothing happened...

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Well, I got SAF licence too. And I got banged and banged ppl too. But lucky the accidents are all minor and involve own vehicles. Dents and scatches and some sore necks and busted ears. (Kenna F by CSM )

Driving in ROC with SAF vehicles are a real challenge.
    Mine also from SAF. I agreed driving in ROC is very challenging have to keep reminding myself.

Quote Originally Posted by alankuik
    any private students pass 1st time?

me :
    1st : go up slope in circuit go up wrong direction.. end up facing opposite side of traffic!

2nd time : pass.
    Private student here
    Basic 3X
    Final 2X
    TP first time passed (6 points only)

private here!

basic once
    advance twice
    practical twice

the first tester was really an *******. very gl... for those who has been to ubi's driving skool b4... i done with my circuit, and was exiting the circuit at less than 20kmh.... and as i passed the zebra crossing well at that kind of speed, he pointed behind, FAR AWAY, that there were people approaching the crossing and i didnt stop for them. 6 pts for that i believed.

engine stalled 15 seconds into the test while i was trying to come out of the parking lot. but i recovered within 3 seconds and carried on. panick attack... so my left leg was under ecstasy or ice.... couldnt stop "dancing" on the clutch... 4 points.

hit the kerb during directional change. 10 pts. no one to blame.

no need to say anymore already right? just nice 20 liao. was very demolarised lar.... but pulled myself together at the end of the day and passed with 10 points 2 months later.

those were the days...

now i read from so many of you, i think failing on the first attempt isn't that bad. Guess i would have to try harder on my next attempt~ which will be another 3 months from now. Hope i'll bring good news !

Quote Originally Posted by leeter
    now i read from so many of you, i think failing on the first attempt isn't that bad. Guess i would have to try harder on my next attempt~ which will be another 3 months from now. Hope i'll bring good news !
    dun worry! be in control and im sure we'll be hearing from u good news soon!!!

2B, 2A, 2: Once for all (theory, lessons and practical)

3: Theories, once each; practical, twice (first time fail cos driving w one hand on gear stick)

4, 5: Once also.

Vocational bus: No practical, but once only (theory)

Powerboat: Once for all (theory and practical)

If not for the bloody class 3, would have had perfect score!! Hahaha....

Thinking of taking Vocational for taxi...

Quote Originally Posted by kex
    my one is SAF license..

abit kelong also..

wahahah mine too!!!

i remember my cousin told me this:

- Red light = Stop
    - Green light = Go
    - Yellow light = Go faster...

The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

Private student here..

Basic x03
    Final x01
    Practical x02

Smth i always share with frens taking practical test as this happens to me. Find very useful in circuit driving as you need to half clutch alot of stoppage and going.

Whenever you see tester, your heart starts pounding.. your stomach starts churning and your legs feel extremely soft (for my case 1st time, trembling like mad ) 1st time kana a super "garang" tester.. Super firm face, black sunglass, those 80s combed back hair.. see liao.. wana wet pants liao.. wahah..

While starting off, what i was taught is never rest your leg on the ground as it restricts your feeling of half-clutch for newbies.. you tend to let go too quick n die off.. while in test, the often half clutch and pressure from tester wears you easily and your leg start trembling..

follow the step.. slowly release clutch and gently step accelerator.. while you felt there is a biting point.. quickly rest your leg on the ground.. that prevents you from straining your leg in air too long at same time let the clutch haf time to bite.. thats how i got thru my 2nd test.. as i usuali crumble under pressure.. hope this help those "kan cheong" ppl like myself..

Basic - Once
    Advance - Once
    Practical - Twice

Thnx jonlou.... i still gotta wait another 3 months while taking more lessons from my instructor. For the time being i am resting away ><

Everything cleared the first time round. But I had it easy as I took the test while I was studying in the US. The parallel parking test, I was given a spot big enough to park a boat, a blind man could've done it just as well.

hmm heehee u all will be jealous (well, not really...)

Cost of application and test: SGD$5
    Hours of training: None
    Times i was tested: Once
    How was i tested: Get into a car, drive straight 100m, reverse back 100m, finish. Pass.
    License: Thailand (Provincial License - Saraburi)
    Experience: PRICELESS!!!

ROCK ON!!! It was a stick too :P haha
    Budget wedding photographer :)

Quote Originally Posted by ParkertR

How was i tested: Get into a car, drive straight 100m, reverse back 100m, finish. Pass.

dude,
    please let us know when you're behind the wheel and on the road. we'll all get OFF the road double quick.

thailand - come here n check the locals drive man, they're like the best in da world when it comes to driving! Thai's are naturals... me living here, man... that makes me a natural too don't it? Hehehe :P

A clear road means more space for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Budget wedding photographer :)

abit envy~ but wah lau, when u drive in Singapore, let me know, i'll avoid that area !!

A clear road means more space for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    u want clear roads in SG? don't hold your breath waiting.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast