Thread: Film Types?

Gee
    Guests

Default Film Types?

Hi

I am sure this is the dumbest question to ask but what difference does the film 'speed': ISO 100, 200, 400 etc etc make to a photo?

I like to photograph graffiti and was told to use 100 films because it absorbs colour the best... can anyone tell me what effects different types have on the outcome please?

Thanks
    GEE-

Default Re: Film Types?

Originally posted by Gee

can anyone tell me what effects different types have on the outcome please?
    Simplest explanation I can think of - the higher the ISO number or "faster" film like 400,800,1600 as opposed to the 100, the less light is required for a proper exposure (allowing you to use a smaller aperture and/or faster shutter speed). However, this low-light capability of the "faster" film is at a cost... the pictures will be more grainy.

film sensitivity in short.
    so a 100ASA will be less sensitive to light and hence requires a longer exposure but not compromising color quality then instead usually having better saturation

always true for everyone I guess, USE A TRIPOD!?

it might be interesting to note the direction of light and shadow on the wall then

Gee
    Guests

thanks alot

Originally posted by tucker
    film sensitivity in short.
    so a 100ASA will be less sensitive to light and hence requires a longer exposure but not compromising color quality then instead usually having better saturation

always true for everyone I guess, USE A TRIPOD!?

it might be interesting to note the direction of light and shadow on the wall then
    Yo......agree totally......but sometimes i lazy bring tripod outdoor to take pics.....