Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UOB photography contest

for the photography section digital manipulation is not allowed, i called to check already

Hmmm... does this mean we can't sharpen/change WB/exposure ?
    Kopi Session (when time permits)
    at 100AW, Blk 639, Punggol Drive

Quote Originally Posted by ykia
    Hmmm... does this mean we can't sharpen/change WB/exposure ?
    can call (65) 6539 3989 / 6539 3980 to check ... when i asked the personnel i was referring to 'digital enhancement' and the answer was a very certain 'no, straight out of the camera only' but then when you send for printing, labs will still do some adjustment anyway. just make sure you submit the original digital file if you get a prize.

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    can call (65) 6539 3989 / 6539 3980 to check ... when i asked the personnel i was referring to 'digital enhancement' and the answer was a very certain 'no, straight out of the camera only' but then when you send for printing, labs will still do some adjustment anyway. just make sure you submit the original digital file if you get a prize.
    What about monochrome images (B&W, sepia, ...)? Are these allowed? Cos these involves manipulation too.

Quote Originally Posted by rexlim
    What about monochrome images (B&W, sepia, ...)? Are these allowed? Cos these involves manipulation too.
    i've put the numbers there, why not you call and kindly inform us?

i've put the numbers there, why not you call and kindly inform us?
    Just called. Celest, @ext 3989, replied "yes" (rgd monochrome). However when I said that monochrome photos involves manipulations too, she was lost for words.
    She'll chk it out and get bk to me asap.

Will update you guys as soon as I get the reply!

Just called. Celest, @ext 3989, replied "yes" (rgd monochrome). However when I said that monochrome photos involves manipulations too, she was lost for words.
    She'll chk it out and get bk to me asap.

Will update you guys as soon as I get the reply!
    Thanks eikin & rexlim

Hehehe... this is a classic case where tradition and technology have problems keeping up with each other.
    Kopi Session (when time permits)
    at 100AW, Blk 639, Punggol Drive

No reply as yet from Celest.
    Gotta wait till tmr liao.

No reply as yet from Celest.
    Gotta wait till tmr liao.
    sigh ... most likely they don't have an answer, and would simply say 'no', since saying 'yes' eventually opens the 'pandora box'.

sigh ... most likely they don't have an answer, and would simply say 'no', since saying 'yes' eventually opens the 'pandora box'.
    Hey, you r wrong, eikin.
    Just got a call from Celest.

Latest updates, the followings ARE allowed as long as images are NOT distorted in any way(ie. NO composite photos, multiple printings/exposures...).
    1) monochrome
    2) contrast adjustments
    3) colour enhancement (NOT colour change!)

However digital files to be submitted MUST include 'original' AND 'processed' ones.

**Note: All above infos are from Celest of NAFA @(65)65393989. Pls chk with her if you hv any further doubts.
    Last edited by rexlim; 28th June 2005 at 06:04 PM. Reason: wrong spelling

Hey, you r wrong, eikin.
    Just got a call from Celest.

Latest updates, the followings ARE allowed as long as images are NOT distorted in any way(ie. NO composite photos, multiple printings/exposures...).
    1) monochrome
    2) contrast adjustments

However digital files to be submitted MUST include 'original' AND 'processed' ones.

**Note: All above infos are from Celest of NAFA @(65)65393989. Pls chk with her if you hv any further doubts.
    that's great thanks for the info

now i'm wondering how come they didn't tell me that when i mentioned digital ENHANCEMENT ... hmph!

Hi all,

Pls note that a write up of not more than 200 words is a MUST for each entry!

Additional info:- Rules & regulations mentioned "...minimum size of 8R/super 8R...". Therfore A4 size IS allowed.

that's great thanks for the info

now i'm wondering how come they didn't tell me that when i mentioned digital ENHANCEMENT ... hmph!
    It's because "Photography medium" is new this year. They(those behind help-desk) are not well-verse in terms of photo assesssments, they will have to seek experts' advice on queries like this.

Cheer!
    Happy shooting!!

It's because "Photography medium" is new this year. They(those behind help-desk) are not well-verse in terms of photo assesssments, they will have to seek experts' advice on queries like this.

Cheer!
    Happy shooting!!
    shooting? i've printed them already

what is Photography medium??? again???

All entries must be accompanied by an official entry form and a write up of not more than 200 words on each entry.

Do anyone know what we are supposed to write about?

[QUOTE=rexlim]...in any way(ie. NO composite photos, multiple printings/exposures...).
    1) monochrome
    2) contrast adjustments
    QUOTE]

if color but change to black and white, thats color change, can or not ah?

Btw, what is composite photos?

Wow, they want submission of both print and negative. Never heard of a contest which calls for that. Submitting a file is one thing but that negative is all you have of that one shot.

Quote Originally Posted by sigg
    All entries must be accompanied by an official entry form and a write up of not more than 200 words on each entry.

Do anyone know what we are supposed to write about?
    yes, u're to write about ur photograph. do a write up on ur work, perhaps explaining the process, the meaning, the execution etc etc
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    yes, u're to write about ur photograph. do a write up on ur work, perhaps explaining the process, the meaning, the execution etc etc
    oic......tks yea..

anyway, no mention to mount the photo except those painting...should i just mount on cardboard?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast