Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noobie Question about Rechargables..

a battery charged only at trickle charging rate lasts much longer than a battery charged only at fast charge rates. last almost twice the number of charge cycles. however, the main drawback is the charging time.

li-ion battery are safe to use provided you are using the recommended charger. li-ion battery must be charged using a strict charging profile called constant current constant voltage. at the begining of the charge cycle, charging is done with fixed current. when full voltage is reached, the charging current is decreased to keep the voltage constant. charging will terminate when the charging current drops to C/10 (C is max charging rate)

the circuit in li-ion battery monitors the battery voltage and current. it will break the circuit when there is overvoltage situation and recovers when the overvoltage is removed. however, the circuit will usually break permanently when an overcurrent situation occurs. thus, it is very important to recharge li-ion batteries with the recommended charger.

Juz wondering.......was reading through this tread and was confused.

There seems to be two sides of the story regarding whether a 1600 mah charger can charge a 2500 mah battery.

Just like to confirm if i can charge a 2500 mah battery fully with a lower mah charger?

EngHong

If your camera uses 2 AA size NiMh batteries, check yr manual to see if it will also use CRV3. If it does, chances are you can also use the rechargeable CRV3, known as RCRV3. East Gear has them.

Worked fine on my Nikon 3100.

Rechargeable CR-V3 is quite expensive. I use it on my Pentax *ist DS. Needs 2 pieces of CR-V3, the charger cost me around $20 & each rechargeable CR-V3 cost me $21. But i saw one use & throw CR-V3 cost as much as $17.
    From Pentax to 4/3, back to Pentax and then back to M4/3 !?!?

Quote Originally Posted by wrx_sti_22b
    Rechargeable CR-V3 is quite expensive. I use it on my Pentax *ist DS. Needs 2 pieces of CR-V3, the charger cost me around $20 & each rechargeable CR-V3 cost me $21. But i saw one use & throw CR-V3 cost as much as $17.
    But Lithium cells have the advantage of retaining charge and have a higher voltage so they will last longer than Ni-mh cells of the same capacity..

I heard rechargeable CR-V3 can use as long as a month before you need to recharge again. So much more longer than Ni-Mh as Ni-Mh batteries you put aside it loses 5% of it's power daily.
    From Pentax to 4/3, back to Pentax and then back to M4/3 !?!?

Quote Originally Posted by wrx_sti_22b
    Where can you get the CR-V3 charger and battery? Sound good compared to 4AA battery, last longer and cheaper? Guess if you talk about the cost in total, CR-V3 cost $61 and 4AA battery and recharger cost $50+$18= $68?

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    depends on the power that the charger can provide, (the amp), if the charger can't give the minimum amp to charge the 2300 & 2500, den it won't fully charge the batt...

also it will take a hell lot of time to charge a 2500 that way, you may think that the charger is spoilt...
    Well you still can use them, just not as conveniently: if the GP charger being referred to has a safety timer circuit (most so called 'quick chargers' tend to have them), and if the batteries are not fully charged before the timer kicked in, just switch off the charger for about a minute, and then turn it on again. Once -ve delta V is detected (during this continued part of the charging process) the batteries will be fully charged.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12