Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 107

Thread: The Battle Royal - KING of Nifty Fifty Prime Lens

  1. #61

    Default Re: The Battle Royal - KING of Nifty Fifty Prime Lens

    Updating with Fujinon EBC 50mm 1.2 (Nikon mount) in the Royal Battle


    NIKON D90 (2008-2010), D700 (2010-2012), D800 (2012-2014), DF (Dec 2013-Sep 2017)

  2. #62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NazgulKing View Post
    You pay for what you get...
    Not necessary true. We r really over paying a lot of stuff but getting peanuts. Haha
    Sony A7/ Sigma 19-2.8 E/ CV 35-1.7 ASPH/ FE 55-1.8/ MC Rokkor 58-1.2/ Pentax SMC K 135-2.5

  3. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff7id View Post
    Updating with Fujinon EBC 50mm 1.2 (Nikon mount) in the Royal Battle
    The legendary LTM mount 50/1.2 Fujinon is like 10k usd at d moment. Haha. Seriously r u paying for wat u r getting??
    Sony A7/ Sigma 19-2.8 E/ CV 35-1.7 ASPH/ FE 55-1.8/ MC Rokkor 58-1.2/ Pentax SMC K 135-2.5

  4. #64

    Default Re: The Battle Royal - KING of Nifty Fifty Prime Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    The legendary LTM mount 50/1.2 Fujinon is like 10k usd at d moment. Haha. Seriously r u paying for wat u r getting??
    You are right. Better to get Nikkor 55mm or 50mm f/1.2 AI-s instead
    NIKON D90 (2008-2010), D700 (2010-2012), D800 (2012-2014), DF (Dec 2013-Sep 2017)

  5. #65

    Default Re: The Battle Royal - KING of Nifty Fifty Prime Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff7id View Post
    You are right. Better to get Nikkor 55mm or 50mm f/1.2 AI-s instead
    Tried Nikkor 55 and 50 f/1.2s... Find the rendering a bit mute for my liking. Went for Minolta MC Rokkor 58/1.2 instead...





    Test shots...





    Sony A7/ Sigma 19-2.8 E/ CV 35-1.7 ASPH/ FE 55-1.8/ MC Rokkor 58-1.2/ Pentax SMC K 135-2.5

  6. #66

    Default Re: The Battle Royal - KING of Nifty Fifty Prime Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff7id View Post
    Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM Art is available for pre-order !!
    Link: http://www.camerapro.com.au/sigma-50...ian-stock.html
    Price is AUD1499
    or SGD1700
    and this is not a joke !
    What a premium price for a 3rd party lens

    It is better to get the Nikkor AF-S 58 f/1.4G instead
    As additional to the above.
    The price AUD1499/SGD1700 is not total price.
    You need to factor shipping fee and GST as well.
    NIKON D90 (2008-2010), D700 (2010-2012), D800 (2012-2014), DF (Dec 2013-Sep 2017)

  7. #67

    Default Re: The Battle Royal - KING of Nifty Fifty Prime Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff7id View Post
    As additional to the above.
    The price AUD1499/SGD1700 is not total price.
    You need to factor shipping fee and GST as well.
    Just wait until it is available locally loh. It will probably be cheaper than the Australian price and calibration adjustments (practically a must with Sigma lenses) by the local agent would be free.

  8. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: The Battle Royal - KING of Nifty Fifty Prime Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff7id View Post
    Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM Art is available for pre-order !!
    Link: http://www.camerapro.com.au/sigma-50...ian-stock.html
    Price is AUD1499
    or SGD1700
    and this is not a joke !
    What a premium price for a 3rd party lens

    It is better to get the Nikkor AF-S 58 f/1.4G instead
    Pricing strategy.

    • If priced too low - say for example, SGD$300, potential buyers may dismiss Sigma DG HSM Art as probably of low quality and thus unable to justify a good price. Result: They don't buy.

    • If priced too high - say for example SGD$5,000, potential buyers may dismiss Sigma DG HSM Art as probably good but not that good and thus conclude the high price is a rip off. Result: They don't buy.

    • If priced in middle range say for example SGD$1,700, potential buyers may chose Sigma DG HSM Art as a safe compromise Result: Some may buy.

    Sigma seems to have low second hand value for whatever reasons - something to take note if one is planning future sale to 2nd hand shops.

  9. #69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Pricing strategy. • If priced too low - say for example, SGD$300, potential buyers may dismiss Sigma DG HSM Art as probably of low quality and thus unable to justify a good price. Result: They don't buy. • If priced too high - say for example SGD$5,000, potential buyers may dismiss Sigma DG HSM Art as probably good but not that good and thus conclude the high price is a rip off. Result: They don't buy. • If priced in middle range say for example SGD$1,700, potential buyers may chose Sigma DG HSM Art as a safe compromise Result: Some may buy. Sigma seems to have low second hand value for whatever reasons - something to take note if one is planning future sale to 2nd hand shops.
    Definitely prices too high for a sigma. If 1k still reasonable.
    Sony A7/ Sigma 19-2.8 E/ CV 35-1.7 ASPH/ FE 55-1.8/ MC Rokkor 58-1.2/ Pentax SMC K 135-2.5

  10. #70

    Default Re: The Battle Royal - KING of Nifty Fifty Prime Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    Definitely prices too high for a sigma. If 1k still reasonable.
    No it is reasonable considering the prices charged for a Leica summicron, how much Nikon or Canon charges for a premium prime lens and such.

    Second, why are we talking about non-Nikon F mount lenses here?

  11. #71

    Default Re: The Battle Royal - KING of Nifty Fifty Prime Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by NazgulKing View Post
    No it is reasonable considering the prices charged for a Leica summicron, how much Nikon or Canon charges for a premium prime lens and such.

    Second, why are we talking about non-Nikon F mount lenses here?
    +1.
    Whatever the lens brand, the discussion shall be about lens with Nikon F mount.
    NIKON D90 (2008-2010), D700 (2010-2012), D800 (2012-2014), DF (Dec 2013-Sep 2017)

  12. #72
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    The legendary LTM mount 50/1.2 Fujinon is like 10k usd at d moment. Haha. Seriously r u paying for wat u r getting??
    The question should be are u using n enjoying what you paid for?

  13. #73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akuma View Post
    The question should be are u using n enjoying what you paid for?
    Most ppl buying them r for collecting purpose. I'll rather buy a lens I can use very frequently. Like my MC rokkor 58/1.2. Keke
    Sony A7/ Sigma 19-2.8 E/ CV 35-1.7 ASPH/ FE 55-1.8/ MC Rokkor 58-1.2/ Pentax SMC K 135-2.5

  14. #74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post

    Most ppl buying them r for collecting purpose. I'll rather buy a lens I can use very frequently. Like my MC rokkor 58/1.2. Keke
    Like the MC Rokkor can mount on an F mount camera.

  15. #75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diediealsomustdive View Post
    Like the MC Rokkor can mount on an F mount camera.
    Was wondering y it can't since it can b modded to go on d 5D mark 1-3 cams??
    Sony A7/ Sigma 19-2.8 E/ CV 35-1.7 ASPH/ FE 55-1.8/ MC Rokkor 58-1.2/ Pentax SMC K 135-2.5

  16. #76
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    14

    Default Re: The Battle Royal - KING of Nifty Fifty Prime Lens

    Got to do with the designed distance between the back element and the sensor, I think. Canon's is longer. so easier to fit in an adapter. Nikon's is shorter, so would lose infinity focus. To focus to infinity, need to add a glass, which usually is of an inferior quality than that of the lens.

  17. #77

    Default Re: The Battle Royal - KING of Nifty Fifty Prime Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by fstops View Post
    Got to do with the designed distance between the back element and the sensor, I think. Canon's is longer. so easier to fit in an adapter. Nikon's is shorter, so would lose infinity focus. To focus to infinity, need to add a glass, which usually is of an inferior quality than that of the lens.
    You got it backwards. The EOS mount has a shorter flange distance making it more versatile with respect to adapting other lenses. Nikon F is less flexible and certain mounts must be replaced outright just to adapt said lens.

    So say you have a Leica R or Olympus OM lens, you have to replace the bayonet mount with an F mount in order to fit the lens onto a Nikon camera. There's a company online (leitax.com) that could do that for you.

  18. #78

    Default

    From http://photographylife.com/use-nikon-lenses-canon-dslr

    2) Can Canon lenses be mounted on Nikon DSLRs?
    No, Canon lenses cannot be mounted on Nikon DSLRs. Technically it is possible to design an adapter to do it, but you will not be able to focus to infinity. This is due to the fact that Nikon DSLRs have a longer distance between the lens flange and the sensor (focal plane), which would make Canon lenses behave almost like extension tubes. Nikon has a flange focal distance of 46.5mm, while Canon’s EF mount is 44mm as can be seen in this chart . So while a 2.5mm thick adapter could be used on Canon DSLRs, it would be impossible to go in reverse direction on Nikon DSLRs.

  19. #79
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    14

    Default Re: The Battle Royal - KING of Nifty Fifty Prime Lens

    Oops, you are right. Thanks

  20. #80

    Default Re: The Battle Royal - KING of Nifty Fifty Prime Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by diediealsomustdive View Post
    From http://photographylife.com/use-nikon-lenses-canon-dslr

    2) Can Canon lenses be mounted on Nikon DSLRs?
    No, Canon lenses cannot be mounted on Nikon DSLRs. Technically it is possible to design an adapter to do it, but you will not be able to focus to infinity. This is due to the fact that Nikon DSLRs have a longer distance between the lens flange and the sensor (focal plane), which would make Canon lenses behave almost like extension tubes. Nikon has a flange focal distance of 46.5mm, while Canon’s EF mount is 44mm as can be seen in this chart . So while a 2.5mm thick adapter could be used on Canon DSLRs, it would be impossible to go in reverse direction on Nikon DSLRs.
    As additional, Nikon 1 with flange focal distance of 17mm has very short distance between lens flange and the sensor. Nikon 1 should be able to use almost every lens in the world as long as u can find the adapter for it.

    for Nikon 1
    NIKON D90 (2008-2010), D700 (2010-2012), D800 (2012-2014), DF (Dec 2013-Sep 2017)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •