Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 77

Thread: Communic Asia 2005

  1. #21

    Default

    How to get in? Need any special pass?

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,156

    Default

    u can pre-register online or go there and register. but think if register at Expo, will expect long queue.

  3. #23

    Default

    I'll be working there... anyone visiting broadcast asia, do drop in at Autodesk booth and say hello....
    Saiful Bahar - "I don't care what equipment you use... but what you produce"

  4. #24

    Default

    So, any idea, is photography OFFICIALLY allow or not?...

  5. #25

    Default Only for valid trade visitor?

    this is what i read from the newspaper. there have the right to reject your visit. Is that true? In this case, i don't want to waste my time to travel down there..

  6. #26
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,842
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tang90246
    this is what i read from the newspaper. there have the right to reject your visit. Is that true? In this case, i don't want to waste my time to travel down there..
    yes.
    http://www.communicasia.com/Exb_GenInfo.html
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

  7. #27

    Default

    Hi, I just came back from the Broadcast Asia show. When I entered, there was tight security. Checked people's ID (IC or passport) against the pass and checked my bag too. The security as me what the camera was for, told them that I am an exhibitor and taking pictures of my booth, so they let me in. But towards the mid day, I see lots of people bringing in camera so I guess they are more relaxed towards the mid day.

    Don't know about if anyone was rejected from entering. Met Amanda and Fione working there.
    Saiful Bahar - "I don't care what equipment you use... but what you produce"

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    near the Equator
    Posts
    1,255

    Default

    Just have your business cards ready.I think your own cards will do too.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    1,294

    Default

    checked the general information... what do they mean by this?

    Admission
    Admission is restricted to trade professionals only.
    Minors aged 16 years and below will not be allowed entry into exhibition halls.
    public can go or not?
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

  10. #30

    Default

    I've been visiting CommunicAsia for several years already. As long as you have a business card, they will let you in.

    I guess on the first 2 days, security is more tight because they might have a lot of VIPs attending. But by Friday, it's quite relaxed already. Just dress appropriately (like shirt and pants, not jeans and t-shirt) so that you won't be spotted.

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pianodancer
    I guess on the first 2 days, security is more tight because they might have a lot of VIPs attending. But by Friday, it's quite relaxed already. Just dress appropriately (like shirt and pants, not jeans and t-shirt) so that you won't be spotted.
    ya...dun play play with those special trained secuirty personnel

    even with press pass, they will still pull you away (with one hand) if you stand too close to the VIP in the end many of my shots were blocked by them

    and my camera bag was checked by the police and need to go thru metal detector
    Last edited by Wai; 14th June 2005 at 10:21 PM.
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    East side
    Posts
    3,704

    Default

    Looks like they've bent the rule. Saw this newbie TCS actor, with a girl at the exhibition this morning. The girl was wearing shorts, and a white tank top. I wonder how an actor can be considered a "trade visitor"!

    Quote Originally Posted by kiama
    Quote from http://www.communicasia.com/Exb_GenInfo.html:

    Attire
    All visitors must be in proper attire. Those in shorts and slippers will not be allowed entry. The Organiser reserves the right to refuse admission to visitors who are not appropriately dressed.

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,156

    Default

    Today I went, around 11am, my bag wasn't checked. BTW, I didn't bring camera though my bag is huge. I was just going there to see handphones and of course babes

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    East side
    Posts
    3,704

    Default

    I went an hour after the opening. Was not checked at all. Saw minister Yeo still visiting at one of the booths.

    Quote Originally Posted by saifulbahar
    Hi, I just came back from the Broadcast Asia show. When I entered, there was tight security. Checked people's ID (IC or passport) against the pass and checked my bag too. The security as me what the camera was for, told them that I am an exhibitor and taking pictures of my booth, so they let me in. But towards the mid day, I see lots of people bringing in camera so I guess they are more relaxed towards the mid day.

    Don't know about if anyone was rejected from entering. Met Amanda and Fione working there.

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    East side
    Posts
    3,704

    Default

    The public is allowed entry on the last day (Fri), if I'm not wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by mohgui
    checked the general information... what do they mean by this?



    public can go or not?

  16. #36
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default

    Have this tag...

    eat. drink. shoot

  17. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    EAST
    Posts
    317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    ya...dun play play with those special trained secuirty personnel

    even with press pass, they will still pull you away (with one hand) if you stand too close to the VIP in the end many of my shots were blocked by them

    and my camera bag was checked by the police and need to go thru metal detector
    Tats mean camera are allowed to go thru?

  18. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    Have this tag...


    if have this tag even better, can roam to anywhere u want with camera

    and those press kits usually comes with some souvenirs

    i got myself one suitcase of press kits + souvenirs when i came back from computex
    Last edited by Wai; 14th June 2005 at 11:21 PM.

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snake
    Tats mean camera are allowed to go thru?
    for me, i can bring in camera cos it is for offical work

    as i have said earlier, for first day the security are very "on-the-ball"

    by afternoon, i see lots of visitors with cameras already

    they do have a big signboard at the entrance stating no photography is allowed, so they do have the rights to stop u and check your bags
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

  20. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    East side
    Posts
    3,704

    Default

    Can borrow the red card holder? If you're not going tomorrow?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wai


    if have this tag even better, can roam to anywhere u want with camera

    and those press kits usually comes with some souvenirs

    i got myself one suitcase of press kits + souvenirs when i came back from computex

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •