Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: unfilled warranty is useless, service ctr want official receipts !!

Default Re: unfilled warranty is useless, service ctr want official receipts !!

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    A cat is a cat no matter how old fashioned.

Likewise a scam is a scam, no matter how old fashioned it may be.

Don't get caught, then you are lucky. Get caught then you are unlucky. Lucky or unlucky, doesn't mean it is right.
    While yes, but given this logic, there will be plenty of scam out there on the daily advertisements that you see on TV or newspaper that proclaims or gives misleading information or false perception without a disclaimer.

From what I see, there are quite a fair bit of sellers that loves to use "Unfilled warranty card". Technically, this is stating the actual fact but it may be our perception (or the buyers) that this would mean that we can still register for the warranty. If the seller said "Unfilled warranty card that you still can use to register for warranty", when it cannot be, then it would be a false advertising or in some cases a scam.

Likewise, as a buyer, I faced the risk if I choose to buy an item without the original receipt to see the date of purchase / unfilled warranty card. Right or wrong, its up to each individual opinion but to me, scamming would be when the seller states that the warranty is valid (i.e., you can still use the unfilled warranty card) but in actual fact it is not.
    Last edited by justme77; 23rd January 2014 at 09:42 AM.
    [This space is available for rent]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by justme77 View Post
    While yes, but given this logic, there will be plenty of scam out there on the daily advertisements that you see on TV or newspaper that proclaims or gives misleading information or false perception without a disclaimer.

From what I see, there are quite a fair bit of sellers that loves to use "Unfilled warranty card". Technically, this is stating the actual fact but it may be our perception (or the buyers) that this would mean that we can still register for the warranty. If the seller said "Unfilled warranty card that you still can use to register for warranty", when it cannot be, then it would be a false advertising or in some cases a scam.

Likewise, as a buyer, I faced the risk if I choose to buy an item without the original receipt to see the date of purchase / unfilled warranty card. Right or wrong, its up to each individual opinion but to me, scamming would be when the seller states that the warranty is valid (i.e., you can still use the unfilled warranty card) but in actual fact it is not.
    It is a very scary sign of our times, when "Right and Wrong is up to individual opinion".

Yes, what you described are all scams. Scams are everywhere, doesn't mean they are right. Which is also why we have a huge warning in ClubSNAP BnS, but it seems many (including TS and yourself) do not read it... Here it is: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497890
    Last edited by daredevil123; 23rd January 2014 at 10:14 AM.

I guess the important point is to educate the newer users on the point that the warranty period does not depend on whether the warranty has been registered, regardless of the seller's intentions in stating that fact.

... Which is also why we have a huge warning in ClubSNAP BnS, but it seems many (including TS and yourself) do not read it... Here it is: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497890
    Noted with thanks but I don't see a need to read it before, else I would have to read everything everywhere. And in particular, I have not even sold a single equipment that I bought over the years, yet, so call me collector/call me lazy/etc .

However, I have now read it and that thread does need to be updated as the contents seems to imply Nikon buyers and sellers. Fortunately/unfortunately, I am not Nikon user (as at the time of this writing).

I think a lot of people dont bother reading stickies nowadays sadly.. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by richiemccaw1 View Post
    I think a lot of people dont bother reading stickies nowadays sadly.. Haha
    But that sticky is in Nikon Buy and Sell!! What would I be doing there if I am not even a user or have no intention to buy?? Gosh, imagine I have to read all the threads!! I would have no time for Kopitiam!!
    Last edited by justme77; 23rd January 2014 at 11:18 AM.

Blog Entries

But that sticky is in Nikon Buy and Sell!! What would I be doing there if I am not even a user or have no intention to buy?? Gosh, imagine I have to read all the threads!! I would have no time for Kopitiam!!
    Good point. I will post a sticky in every brand bns thread.

Thanks for bringing this up. A lot of newbies need to be aware. Buyers beware.

Blog Entries

Thanks to your suggestion, stickies on this is up on every BnS subforum, as well as consumer's corner. And viewership is very high. That means a lot of people are reading them. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mageditor View Post
    Thanks for bringing this up. A lot of newbies need to be aware. Buyers beware.
    For sellers that have receipts, they may not want you to give you the receipt as it contain other items that they bought but did not sell or for many reasons. In that case you can ask them to accompany you to the service centre to register for it. I am not sure if it applies to all brands though but this is what I have done and requested. You can also do that for transfer of ownership.
    Last edited by justme77; 26th January 2014 at 11:25 AM.

For sellers that have receipts, they may not want you to give you the receipt as it contain other items that they bought but did not sell or for many reasons. In that case you can ask them to accompany you to the service centre to register for it. I am not sure if it applies to all brands though but this is what I have done and requested. You can also do that for transfer of ownership.
    Some sellers don't want you to know that they got lobang when electronics megastore do clearance.. Sometimes the price is lower than what you can find in B&S, because Singapore B&S market is unusually propped up (just take a look at eBay and compare the second hand prices and you'll see what I mean). Effectively, they are using the fact that potential buyers may not have information about the low price. If you pay $350 for a second hand item that the buyer bought for $250, I think some people may just walk away on the spot. Not all, but some.

Good point on that. I would be quite sian too even if I may look back and look at it from the 'I still got it for a cheaper price' angle.

Blog Entries

There is this thing called "photocopy". And yes service centers do accept photocopies.

Most of the time, sellers do not want to give reciepts to hide either their buying price or the actual age of the item.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 26th January 2014 at 01:11 PM.

There is this thing called "photocopy". And yes service centers do accept photocopies.

Most of the time, sellers do not want to give reciepts to hide either their buying price or the actual age of the item.
    Ya.. all dun want to pay servicing fee.. or worse.. replacement fee

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    Ya.. all dun want to pay servicing fee.. or worse.. replacement fee
    Not just that, some try to pass things off as newer thus charging a premium for it, when in fact it is much older.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123